Does Alchohol delete gains made in the gym?

Does Alchohol delete gains made in the gym?

i want to get drunk but someone tell me not to

(not a drunk loser just canadian)

Other urls found in this thread:

leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're basically drinking calorie dense soda. One shot of vodka is about 100 calories. So let's say you drink 5 for a pregame, that's 500 calories. Then you drink a couple beers and other shit during the night. That's at least 1000+ of just carbs. On top of that, you NEED to eat carbs like bread or pasta to be able to absorb the alcohol so you don't die.

There's a reason the dadbod became a thing. Because it's unavoidable for college guys who workout but also want to drink at least once a weekend

>Does Alchohol delete gains made in the gym?

No.

Let's say you drink a maximum 8 shots.
> 8 * 100 = 800
Eat 1200 calories during the day.
> 1200 + 800 = 2000 calories (optimum daily calorie intake)
CICO my friend.

alcohol has is like rocket fuel for your body. drinking gets you fat as hell. smoke some weed instead. it will actually make you lose weight.

Ok nigger here's the thing about alcohol

Your body prioritizes alcohol metabolism over everything else, because it is toxic and if it builds up in the blood it will fucking kill you. So every single metabolic process in your body diverts its attention away from building muscle or burning fat and into metabolizing alcohol.

The longer you are drunk (meaning the more you drink over time), the more time you lose with regards to normal metabolic progression, I.e. Gainz

Alcohol won't delete gains per se, but it will postpone them, and can possibly postpone them to the point where your exercise is moot due to being beyond the optimal time window to feed and repair muscle tissue.

That's pretty much it aside from understanding they have calories.

This.

When I go out drinking on a cut, I fast all day.
Drinking usually means restaurant or dinner with friends for me. I pace myself on pre-dinner drinks to avoid getting blasted because empty stomach.
I stick to dry reds, which are my favorite booze anyway, eat like an ogre, starter, main, cheese, no desert (them carbs, and sugar is for women and children). Maybe few beers after dinner, not the best for carbs, but liquor isn't my thing.
~1,200/1,500 kcals from food
~500/800 kcals from drink
Fasting before allows you to enjoy yourself without being autistic about calories when you should be focusing on friends and convos.

On keto/low-carb, 5-6 drinks are enough (I'm 200 lbs) so less money spent+less calories.

Alcohol won't ruin your gains as much as they fuck up your caloric intake without you noticing it.
What is well documented is that alcohol slows down/stalls recovery, so something like a heavy leg day before booze is going to give you longer and more painful DOMS.

Three things you should know about alcohol
1. It decreases testosterone
2. It's full of carbs
3. Abuse destroys brain cells

You can drink alcohol in moderation and you'll be fine, but if you are willing to, become abstinent from it
To answer your question directly, yes and no
It decreases testosterone in the body, so the after effects are obvious; your muscles won't grow soon after getting drunk
If you don't care, get drunk, but consider the consequences and do your research

8 shots won't do anything for anyone who isn't a 14yo girl

Alcohol is high calorie but the calories aren't very bioavailable
Your body turns it into acetylene and excretes it instead
The problem is this shuts off fat metabolism
You won't gain weight from booze unless it has sugar in it (like beer)
But try not to eat carbs while drinking

I'm drinking Crown Royal Special Harvest straight right now. Fuck yes for Canada Day.

Drink liquor and drink it straight. Minimize the carbs, minimize the overall intake.

Alcohol isn't good for gains but shit, gotta enjoy life a bit too. Consistency over time is the key. Get drunk but don't fuck around for the other 6 days.

are you brain damaged? you dont metabolise alcohol the same as actual macronutrients, its caloric density is irrelevant. otherwise gasoline would be the ultimate bulking option. you convert alcohol to acetone via acetyl-coa and expell it through urine and sweat. you will not gain an ounce of fat tissue from drinking clear spirits, its the shit food and sugary mixed drinks. jesus ffucking christ how are people this stupid?

Nice quads, but you're wrong dumbfuck.

You WILL gain weight and more importantly fat the more you drink. You do not simply piss and sweat the alcohol metabolites. All that shit builds up in you and eventually gets converted by your body into fat, energy, or whatever the shit I don't know I'm not an expert but I'm certain it doesn't get pissed and sweated out.

>3. Abuse destroys brain cells
I bet you know how chronic of a drinking problem someone has to have to get irreversible brain damage but you keep mentioning this because you are no fun to be around.

leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html

There. Read it.

>8 shots won't do anything for anyone who isn't a 14yo girl

wow what a brainlet. I just read after that part and I'm shocked it got even more retarded.

>3. Abuse destroys brain cells
I see that the old propaganda spread in '80s is still alive and kicking. No, it doesn't destroy brain cells. Not in the slightest.

Nobody really wants to get drunk.

Who do you know who drinks 8 shots on a night out? Nobody
That's like pre drinking

>No, it doesn't destroy brain cells. Not in the slightest.

Yes it does. Really, just google alcoholic brain and look at the images. If that's not definitive enough for you, the effects of ethanol have been studied in animals as well while controlling other variables and the same brain damage has been seen.

>Nobody really wants to get drunk.

That's the number one reason people want to drink, people didn't start developing moonshine and ingesting poison for the taste. They want to get hammered and forget what their face feels like.

lol look out we got a bad ass over here.

>just google alcoholic brain and look at the images
that is the weakest argument i have ever read online, go to bed

I say drink up. Happy Canada Day user.

>On top of that, you NEED to eat carbs like bread or pasta to be able to absorb the alcohol so you don't die.

You're a fucking moron.
don't ever breed,ever.

>Yes it does. Really, just google alcoholic brain and look at the images.
Pathetic. It has been disproven countless times in academic papers, and in the same academic papers shipping the images you're staring to. We're not even supposed to still argue about in the current year. At most it interferes with dendrites but it never "kills" neurons.
Your google license has been revoked.

>just look it up on google images

The makers of Momscience and Broscience have proudly teamed up with Veeky Forums autism to present to you a new breed of retard, coming to a gym near you, February, 2018.

>8 shots won't do anything for anyone who isn't a 14 year old girl
No, you're just an alcoholic

no you're just a fag, 8 shots is a warmer

Lol look at this faggot bein proud that he regularly drinks alcohol
>confirmed for not gonna make it

>(not a drunk loser just canadian)

>not a loser pothead, just smoke daily and do nothing with my life

>not a degenerate meth addict, just stay up 5 days at a time smoking meth

>not a scumbag heroin junky, just blow all my paycheck on heroin

fuck off twink id drop you and fuck your girl

This