Redpill me on sugar

>redpill me on sugar

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/f_4Q9Iv7_Ao
webmd.com/cold-and-flu/cold-guide/10-immune-system-busters-boosters
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's bad for you in large doses. I haven't been adding sugar to food, except tomato sauces, for five years and I'm OK.

It's good when a girl's pouring sugar on your dick.

It's sweet

It's a good exfoliating combination with coconut oil.

Pretty bad for you, but useful when bulking

It's considered evil by the 80's bro science boogy man.

It stops you from losing weight

>bulking
>getting fat

in moderation sure go for it, but companies exploit the near-sightedness of consumers by bombing their products with unnecessary amounts of sugar, soda being the most obvious example
If you know your limit you shouldnt completely give it up, but mininizing your added sugar consumption is one of the best decisions you can make in your life, saves you insane amounts of money if you dont care about your health

It's a trash nutrition that's useless and can be entirely replaced by fruit.

I mean, your average consumer is anything but rational, he is wasteful with his money and ridiculously nutritionally uninformed. The food industry is well aware of this and keeps people hooked with sugar laden products in an attempt to maximize profits with the least amount of effort (added sugar is insanely cheap for manufacturers). Any grocery store i go is at least 70% sugary products and that is NOT normal at all, i dont care how much of a sugar addict you are but this is insanity

You're thinking of fat.

So the 90's was the decade where sugar became Satan? I can't keep up with what's trendy anymore

From fruits (even dried ) it's perfectly ok .
From grains / legume / tuber it's double perfectly ok .

it becomes fat so no need to ever consume it

Fat was demonised from the 80s to today.
Sugar has been demonised and picking up speed on the hate train for the past 5 years or so.

All excess calories become fat you spastic.

Reasoning like this is what makes me laugh.

People who consider honey magical and healthy because it's a "natural" source of fructose and sucrose like some new age crystal healing nonsense.

All carbs are sugars and as far as your body is concerned there's zero difference. The only difference is the shit that comes along with it- fibre, nutrients and minerals, etc.

You could argue that fruit is healthier than pure sugar because it contains fibre, antioxidants and phytochemicals but when you say sugar from fruit is healthier than sugar from sugar cane you're just being a retard who doesn't understand chemistry and basic health.

In fact by the same logic you could argue a doughnut is healthier than fruit because it contains more fat and thus slows down the conversion to glucose and lowers the GI.

In reality, sugars all do the same thing with only very subtle marginal differences that don't matter to 99% of dietary recommendations. Refined carbs in almost any context are neither good nor bad for you unless you have a shitty diet and/or shitty lifestyle.

Depends on the sugar. Stuff like fructose is only stored in the liver then turned into fat. straight Glucose is can be used as glycogen.

>Stuff like fructose is only stored in the liver then turned into fat.
False. All sugars are stored in the liver and turned into glucose for use in the organs and muscles.

Glycogen is different but similar in that it's not exclusive to fructose.

What I meant is that you shouldn't look at food for their macro , fruits are good because beside macro they are very nutritious , same for whole grains , legume , and tuber . People should stop looking at food in terms of fat , protein , and carbs ( especially for the non-lifting population ).

>In fact by the same logic you could argue a doughnut is healthier than fruit because it contains more fat and thus slows down the conversion to glucose and lowers the GI.
GI is not the only factor that make fruits way better than a fucking doughnut ...

literally not necessary for your body.

Unless you want to practice any sport seriously or just want above average energy level .

youtu.be/f_4Q9Iv7_Ao

Then you should've said that.

>GI is not the only factor that make fruits way better than a fucking doughnut ...
That's exactly my point, harking on the sugars or the source of those sugars as the reason something is good or bad completely misses the point.
Sounds like we agree but your wording threw me off.

>or just want above average energy level .
In terms of consistency or long term, carbs are the worst calorie source you can have for energy levels because they fuck with your blood sugar and hormone responses.
Granted, they provide an undeniable benefit for short term energy, but if you want consistently higher energy levels you want ketosis instead.

Your clickbait fearmongering video which ignores basic objectivity and balance sure is a valuable source of information that's completely irrelevant to what I said, good job

He's also completely wrong on the examples he provides as I can tell you from first hand evidence as someone who constantly records blood glucose response.

Despite that, it's actually a more accurate and detailed video than I'm used to from youtube, it's just way too skewed and ignorant.

Imo it's kinda right to says that sugar from fruits is better than refined sugar ( especially when you talk to normie / family) because:

When most people says sugar from fruits they're talking about a whole fruit usually , and even if that fruit is totally dried or reduced to a sauce you can't absorb that gram of sugar without absorbing the rest , so yeah the fructose/glucose/galactose in itself is the exact same as the one from junkfood but you can't absorb it without absorbing all the minerals , vitamin , fibers and other beneficial component of the plant .

If you eat the right kind of carbs ( whole food) you would need to do something very very dumb to create an insulin crash .
The problem with fat is that no matter how much you eat , the speed at which you can use them and at which they can provide you with energy is very limited , no matter how hard you breath ( hence why the ratio of fat to glycogen used for energy plummet down when you start going past 70% Vo2max )
Carbs are not only for short burst of energy , no matter how much Phinney and volek love shilling their " low carbohydrate athlete" it doesn't change the fact that 95% of endurance and even ultra endurance runner / cyclist still use carbs and mainly carbs for fuel .

* a blood glucose crash .

>Imo it's kinda right to says that sugar from fruits is better than refined sugar ( especially when you talk to normie / family) because:
No, you're implying one source of sugar is worse than another, which is implicitly false.
Saying fruit is better than sugar is fine, saying sugar from fruit is better than sugar from processed sugar-cane isn't and makes no sense.

>If you eat the right kind of carbs ( whole food) you would need to do something very very dumb to create an insulin crash .
False, as I've tried to demonstrate three times now. You and my blood glucose will have exactly the same response to the same amount of glucose from the carbs in whole wheat as they will from a mars bar. It's the fibre and other things which slow that response or affect the GI. This is also why I've discovered bananas are better for treating hypoglycemia than mars bars, yet most people would try to argue that a banana is healthier, it misses the point.

>The problem with fat is that no matter how much you eat , the speed at which you can use them and at which they can provide you with energy is very limited , no matter how hard you breath ( hence why the ratio of fat to glycogen used for energy plummet down when you start going past 70% Vo2max )
Now you're talking about bodyfat, not dietary fat. Completely separate to what you initially talked about and again, identical when controlled for excess calories.

I've dealt with the benefits and problems caused by carbs in real time for 17 years and studied the science equally as much. Carbs are absolutely valuable for short term energy, hence the example of endurance and strength performers you use, but the reason is glucose in the muscles and organs and thus it's entirely possible to achieve the same results in ketosis, for example.

But again, that's a separate argument

Refined sugar: It's poison. (Candy, white sugar, etc)
Normal sugars: Inevitable. You need the vitamins the food they're in has. (Apples, fruit etc.)
Non-sugar carbs: Take as little as you can to get by. Still poison but not as much. (Cereals)
Slow absorption non-sugar carbs: The best there is, contain lots of healthy fats and don't spike insulin. (Nuts)

Like 90% of the illnesses the modern man suffers from the most are either directly or indirectly caused by excess carbs, which the body isn't designed to process as efficiently as fats.

The least harmful of carbs and sugars are those with a low glycemic index. Use the chart attached as a guide.

It'll kill you faster than cigarettes if you consume more than 100 grams per day.

>Sugar is poison but you should still eat it
>Fibre is poison, don't eat it
>Carbs which aren't carbs are fine
>GI indicates how harmful carbs are

You're the stupidest post in this thread, good job.

>Muscle and livers glycogen mainly refuel thanks to dietary carbs , you don't replenish your glycogen as much in keto , even when you stretch it to 100g carbs a day where you're borderline out of keto you'll never have any glycogen for any real sports , ( most athlete burn more than that in less than one hours ) .

Yes , off course the sugar is the same , nobody is arguing about that , but If you can't absorb A without absorbing B at the same time you can say that A share the property/benefit of B in this case , you can't absorb fruit's sugar without absorbing fruit's vitamin at the same time , fruit sugar inevitably come with vitamins and minerals .

Thank you for taking your time to write these well thought arguments. Your post has surely persuaded me.

Shit son , you fell deep into the keto / low carb trap here .

Don't post self-contradictory generalised garbage and nonsense and we wont call you out on it. Pretty much a fundamental of communication.

Relax goy, have some ice cream.

Ice cream as as much and often sometimes more calories from fat than from sugar .

I bet you think you're the smart boy and you outjewed the jew because you "didn't fall for the sugar / grain industry"
But the truth is that you fell right into the jew trap by believing the grains / legumes are bad ( literally the cheapest food on earth ) and you now get most of your calories from the meat/dairy industry which is the most subsidized by the Gov

Face it my goy , Taube , Phiney , Teicholz , Volek and Phinney are all fucking puppets subsidized by the meat and dairy industry .

Lustig and Atkin too :^)

NONE of them have any proof or tangible study , all of their science is based on misinterpreting abstract and conclusion

at this point im rather confused...
if all carbs convert into glucose, why does it matter if i eat fructose?

Most garbage is produced with high fructose corn syrups and the fat fuck / mentally challenged ketard believe it's the reason they are fat and not the fact that those product contain an absurd amount of calories ( FROM FAT ) .

What the fuck government subsidies have to do with whether something is healthy or not? Fuck off with your conspiracy shit.

Not even american so that bs doesn't probably apply to me. Wheat, corn and soy are extremely subsidized by the US ZOG, which is the reason why meat is so cheap in the first place as it's what the cattle is fed with. Your 'muh ebil corporations' shillz' blatherings are irrelevant as both meat and cereals are on the government dole.

so you're saying that one would only get fat from a calorie surplus?
i do agree with the whole calories in calories out, since that is laws of simple thermodynamics.
but, would it actually matter if i ate a diet consisting of 50/25/25 or 10/50/40 or whatever combination of carbs/proteins/fats

sugar stifles your immune system

webmd.com/cold-and-flu/cold-guide/10-immune-system-busters-boosters

Your body doesnt need sugar

The minimum quantity of carbs required to survive is zero grams, the body has no requirement for them and can run entirely on fats with no problems. The opposite cannot be said to be true.

Yes, the recommended quantity is 50 grams or so but that's rather an arbitraty orientative recommendation by the WHO, not something your life really depends on.

Literally the worst thing ever.

>number one cause of obesity
>fucks up your hormones
>large amounts in almost everything that tastes good

Fuck Sugar

White death

Even in ketosis you eat carbs, for the brain.

People react different to carbs. Not everyone responds the same way. Some will not do well on a lot of carbs and others will be better of on a high carb diet.

Thinking everyone reacts the same way is wrong.

lack of exercise and overconsumption is the cause of obesity and fucks up your hormones.
Blaming it all on sugar is retarded.

Most vitamins and minerals are not essentials nor required to survive too you fucking mongoloid .
and the only essentials fats are the Pufa
God damn the ketardosis is strong with this one

It also use ketone you dumb fuck.

I never said it didnt use ketones, but not all cells in the brain can rely on ketones, you dumb fuck.