What do I do if my girlfriend of a year is greatly opposed to me getting in shape?

So I am a 5ft 8in 136lbs 20 year old who started to workout, run, and eat healthy about 4 months ago and I have since lost 30 pounds. My girlfriend is super opposed to me getting in shape and has told me to put the weight back on because it is making her feel bad about herself to see me doing well. I am more energetic and am happier with myself but she constantly tries to get my to break my diet and not exercise. I don't know why she is so against me getting in shape.

I just want to know why she is being so negative against me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JwjvBCP-UcU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dump her stupid ass

Sounds like your gf is a piece of shit. Do what you want but remember that no woman respect submissive guys, no matter what they tell you.

She's afraid that you'll get more attractive than her and get yourself a more attractive girlfriend.
Once you are more attractive than her though she'll also be happier to be with you than before.
Bottom line is, fuck her complaints, work out and fuck her afterwards instead.

>My girlfriend is super opposed to me getting in shape and has told me to put the weight back on because it is making her feel bad about herself to see me doing well
>has told me to put the weight back on because it is making her feel bad about herself to see me doing well
>I don't know why she is so against me getting in shape.
She told you to your face, and you even typed it out and you still don't get it? She's insecure that you're going to get hot and leave her, so she wants to drag you back down to her level. Get out now, you do not want this kind of person around you in the future.

I am a very motivated person and she likes to just stay content with where she is. I never noticed these problems till she started to make fun of me for dieting and exercising every day.

Dump that human sack of complacency, reach your goals and find someone as motivated as yourself.

People who aren't willing to improve themselves, will try drag down other people near them so they won't feel shitty about themselves. Continue working out, find someone better.

In the bin.

That's where she needs to go, right fucking now. She's a happiness leech.

Dump her, she is self absorbed. If she really cared for you, she would be happy that you are accomplishing your goals. If she feels insecure about her body, then she should get in shape too. I would tell get that, if getting in shape is a problem, she needs to find a different man.

>shoo shoo gainz goblin

>I never noticed these problems till she started to make fun of me for dieting and exercising every day.
Come on man, I know you like her and all but look at this from the outside. Now she's tearing you down for trying to improve yourself? Drop her now.

>Dump that human sack of complacency
>In the bin.
>That's where she needs to go
>Dump her, she is self absorbed.

I'm not exactly sure if I'm ready to do that.

Obvious gains goblin

Stab her in the shitter

Fucking run OP. Seriously, this type of person is someone who will never be happy and will drag anyone down that they can. This is the same type of person who will put holes in your condoms and "forget" their birth control so they can trap you with a kid. Just fucking run away.

>she started to make fun of me for dieting and exercising every day.

for fucks sake user, grow some balls and stop being so lame.

I don't know. I should get away from her toxic behavior but I feel like I can't because she relies completely on me for everything. A couple of my friends tell me I need to because she is mean and yells at me over the most minor things. She is super needy and clingy.

user, she's a bitch. Dump her. Do you really want to be stuck with a girl who is uncomfortable with you having physical goals and attempting to reach them? It makes her "feel bad" to see you doing well? Save yourself some trouble brah

>it is making her feel bad about herself to see me doing well
she has serious mental issues. not even shit posting.

Drag her with you on lighter runs. She'll get hooked eventually. Just make it seem fun and she will either join you, or you need to cut her off.

Literally all of this

Had an ex who tried to pull this shit on me and by the second week without hitting the gym I felt the depression coming back strong.

We broke up shortly after and needless to say the depression left instantly.

Sounds like your base problem is being a really weak person, People can give you some nice advices,but in the end all depends on your will.

Why don't you get her to exercise with you? Make it fun and rewarding.

You went wrong by wanting to exercise yourself for your own gain, instead of making it a partnership.

She opposes you getting in shape because it will make you look better in the relationship and she's so insecure that she thinks you'll leave her because of it -- y'know, like women do.

Did I misunderstand or do you weigh 106 at 5'8 right now!?!?!

>Why don't you get her to exercise with you? Make it fun and rewarding.
She thinks its easier to tear me down.

Go for walks with her, do short bursts of jogging. When she conditions herself after a couple of weeks she'll see it's not a big deal.

I think he/she used to weigh 30 lbs more than his/her current listed weight.

I'd break up with a girl 5 times over for the shit you're telling us, and you need to tell her exactly what you're seeing from her. She's mean, she makes fun of you for trying to better yourself, she's insecure, even your fucking friends don't like her and notice this shit. She's needy, she's clingy, and she wants to pull you down to her level where she's comfortable with her average boyfriend that couldn't possibly leave her for someone prettier. This is how she views you as her partner down in the depths that she's too lazy to climb out of. Maybe I'm being too harsh though, try to get her into it with you. It could be fun and maybe you can talk with her about her problems. If all of this fails though, do not hesitate to drop her quickly. And pay attention to these signs in the future, you don't want to be stuck with a shrewd complacent bitch for the rest of your life.

Thank you. Our lifestyles aren't very compatible anymore. They used to be but i realizes I was becoming a lazy bastard and wanted to feel better.

Misery loves company

Punch her at C

>I feel like I can't because she relies completely on me for everything
That just makes it all way worse and gives you even more reason to ditch this bitch. If realized that you had options and a worth far beyond hers you would ditch her right away. But luckily this wretched shit have you completely fooled.

Her well being is not your responsibility. Her well being is her responsibility. Watch out she'll try and play on your empathy when you try to cut the strings.

Kek
D "if hes from nam he gets the slam" walberg is a national treasure

OP you weak, spineless piece of shit, why can't you let go of a failiure of a girlfriend? She obviously has crab mentality and you still knowingly stay with her? What is wrong with you?

Do it anyway.

She can't admit her problems to herself. She is the kind of person who says "That's just the way I am and you have to get used to it" about her toxic behaviors.

fake you own death

I'm 5' 8 as well and 136 lbs is skinny as fuck unless in some kind of M Night Shamalan tier twist you turn out to be a lesbian

>My girlfriend is super opposed to me getting in shape and has told me to put the weight back on because it is making her feel bad about herself to see me doing well.
That's some cluster-B personality shit right there. Offer to work out with her and get her motivation up and teach her. If she says No, GTFO. Don't be with a woman whose life plan is to go down in flames and drag you with her.

>My girlfriend is super opposed to me getting in shape and has told me to put the weight back on because it is making her feel bad about herself to see me doing well

the reddest of all red flags

She goes on the defensive when I even partially criticize her. I try to talk carefully but she explodes and refuses to take any sort of responsibility and will deny ever saying that. She will often cut me off mid-sentence and ignore me.

user, you may be willing to overlook a lot in her, but for Christ's sake if you stay she will become the mother of your children. Don't let that happen. Leave

Do it anyway. Either she joins you after realizing she's insecure and crazy or you upgrade.

Fuck off,exercise is sacred

bad news OP, your gf is a woman

>has told me to put the weight back on because it is making her feel bad about herself to see me doing well
Tell her that she should feel bad. Make her move her ass to the gym.

Sounds like she's envious of your results. Next time she says that, tell her straight up that she's asking you to be less healthy and you don't approve of that. I know how it is having a gf and telling her to fuck off is a lot harder than people here make it out to be, but you need to put your foot down somewhere.

I once had a bf like that. I know it is shitty user but you know the hammer is coming, do you.
I knew it, deep down, but I did not admit it to myself and stayed for two more years in a failing relationship.

Yeah loneliness is scary, and you like her. Feeling needed is a good feeling too. But people that hold you back can never make you truly happy, and in the end you are the most important person in your life.
Take your time if you must, but don't waste as much time like I did. Take care of yourself.

careful with that edge

Dump her. There's somebody better for you out there. How well people care for their bodies often reflect other traits - if caring about your health scares her you should gtfo

dump the gains goblin

Use her insecurity as fuel to go even harder at the gym. I love when people hate on me, it makes me do whatever I'm doing with 200% more effort. As long as she isn't actively sabotaging you, don't be moved by her complaints at all. You're a man; be the rock and don't let her tell you how to run your life.

Also be prepared for her to leave at any moment. That kind of self-absorbtion doesn't make for a healthy long-term relationship. If she is so scared you'll leave her if she becomes more attractive I believe she knows she would do the same if the situations were reversed.

>My cousin was a rich dentist and also really kind guy.
>He tried breaking with his gf and she threatened to suicide.
>He panicked and they got back together.
>She got pregnant by "mistake".
>After giving birth his gf told him she hates kids.
>He took care of their son practicaly alone for the whole first year while she was lazy shit watching tv and facebooking on the phone the whole time.
>She even refused to breastfeed her own son.
>She finally got bored I guess because when about 1,5 year after their son was born she decided to take him to court.
>She took his son that he loved and cared for and now has to pay her alimony.
>He went from happy charismatic guy to unrecognisable depressed mess.
Learn from his example OP just as I did.

Lmao this reads like what incels read to masturbate. This obviously didn't happen, court proceedings are not that biased towards women.

They are in eastern europe at least. I'm not even joking. I'm not telling you every girl is bad, but when she tries to influance you then run.

>She's afraid that you'll get more attractive than her and get yourself a more attractive girlfriend.

thisthisthisthisthis
I got one of my mates into lifting and she wasn't happy with it so he stopped, when I asked her why she said exactly that, really is pathetic

You will be living with yourself for the rest of your life. A woman could leave you at any moment. Never change who you are for one. You're more important.

>Honey, don't get fit! Stay fat with me!
Tell her to get fit with you or find someone else. Lazy fat fucks are scum

When you get Veeky Forumser you'll realize you were only with her because she was all you could get, she knows it too

Same goes for femanons with fat boyfriends.

Exactly this. Get in shape anyway.

I find it amazing that more men don't murder their ex's.

Sounds like some borderline. Be very careful when breaking up with her. Everything from suicide threats and attempts to rape accusations

Bro its borderline. Be really fucking careful about how you do this.

@OP, is she a feminist? Toss the feminist rhetoric right at her, overhand.

>my body, my choice

>she has told me to put the weight back on...

How did you not laugh in her face?

>it is making her feel bad...to see me doing well.
This is really the only important sentence there.

look up ''crab mentality''

my ex was super skinny but she had this weird fetish where watching me eat turned her on. so she fed me all the time and i felt sick and got fat

>put the weight back on

"Or what? You'll leave?"

>OP is getting redpilled
>people helping can't see the bigger ruse behind it
>mfw I'm getting baited to reply

Well, considering that OP is definitely a lesbian...

Breh... just drop the cunt. The worst thing you can do to yourself is surround yourself with incessant negativity.

just think about how pathetic this is

>because it is making her feel bad about herself to see me doing well

Where do you people find these specimens. Dump that subhuman.

You need to put the 30 pounds back on, but in muscle this time.

SHOO SHOO GAINS GOBLIN!

Hey user, I think I had a gf that was a bit like yours.
She was a bit more sly, not
>"user it's making me insecure that you work out"
but more
>"oh c'mon user you don't need to go to the gym you look amazing"
>"just stay in bed with me"
She tried putting the work in, but she was never committed to it and gave up, then she wanted me to.

I just ended it with her for a second time (not for that reason), because she managed to find her way back into my life, but although it hurts now, it's better to be alone and rebuild myself than to be complacent.

Drop that bitch.

SHOO SHOO GAINS GOBLIN!

youtube.com/watch?v=JwjvBCP-UcU

1. Tell her you don't like her criticizing your goals.
2. Make efforts to make her feel appreciated.
3. Get her to tag along. Even if only once in a while. Tell her she looks hot when she works out/sweats/run.. Etc. Give her attention and positive feedback.

If she won't even try to follow you on your journey, you will have to drop her.

tell her to stop trying to run your life, if she continues leave

>i suffer while having a girlfriend

yeah, likely story.