It's not the 80s anymore you plebs. Gyms are old weight vest are the new wave

Seriously, I haven't gone to a gym or lifted a dumbell in a year and a half and, pound for pound, I'm probably stronger, more explosive, and more durable than all of you gym fags.

Tell me, why haven't you looked into weight vest workouts? Being a huge behemoth is out. Chicks want lean mean 6foot 1 180 pound fucking machines, such as your humble OP. I can teach you my ways if you're curious.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bE1Ro_wPGIU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

problem with weight vest is they're a huge bitch to put on when you go heavy

I'll bite. Teach me your ways, but first post dick so I we know you're not a virgin.

Thats why you buy two weight vests.

My philosophy is easy to comprehend. Wear weight vests and do normal body weight exercises; even handstand pushups (I can do 8 with 80lbs on my body)

I wear two 83.5lb weight vests at a time now. But it wasn't always like that.

No, your humble author was once a gym fag and at first could only bear a meager 40lb on his frame. But week by week I got stronger. After six months I felt 80lbs was too easy, so I ordered a second vest
Now I have maxed out. But! I'm happy with my current state and don't want to grt much bigger. So 170lbs is perfect for all body weight workouts.

The idea is to train like Goku on his flight to Namek. It's basically the same thing and I'm currently at 1.5 earth's gravity.

Sigh. Fucking normies here. Alright I tried to show you dummies the light, but I guess the world's not ready yet.

>not wearing a vest 24/7
>not lifting heavy with an extra 75lbs on
Its like you want to be a pussy.

>curlbro develops some core strength and thinks hes a god

get the fuck outaheer

Sorry mate, but when you have a perfectly symmetrical body that is exactly the Adonis ratio you want to help others get there too.

So what your saying is that you took your weight and multiplied it by 1.5?

More like when youre so insecure about your life choices that you have to justify yourself to strangers online. Its over for you. Bye~

Precisely! When I do body weight workouts I'm doing them as if I weighed 350 pounds!

If people can't see the benefit of that then we'll, you're not smart enough to be a weight vest fag.

How much can you actually lift though? Give us some numbers, squats, deadlift, bench, etc.

I hope you don't go running wearing it

wouldn't that be super bulky to wear? one is kinda bulky as is.

I'm interested OP. what's your exact routine look like?

I'm completely against running with or without a vest.

Now, walking on the treadmill at the max incline at 2.5 mph? That's a different story!

I do see the benefit but you have to remember Goku trained with dumbbells on his way to Namek as well. We can try to replicate G training all we want but until some mad scientist creates a gravity room or a wizard/god gifts mankind with a room of spirit and time, it's kinda moot to shill your training method and you should just let people do what they want to do.

>I wear two 83.5lb weight vests at a time now
youtube.com/watch?v=bE1Ro_wPGIU

Neat. So what sort of training do you do? Convict Conditioning + vest?

100/10

Enjoy your banana neck in the years to come.

Ah, I recognized the potential for this and work on preventing forward neck everyday. Posture is the most important thing to keep in mind while wearing weight vests. Progression should be slow.

My routine is to wear one vest around when I'm chilling at the house. I wear both when actually working out.

Routine is 7 days a week. The actual workouts last about 10-15 minutes.

As for what I do, pushups, inverted pushups, handstand pushups, triceps pushups behind head, curls, squats, lunges, wall squats, pull-ups, lawn mower pulls, shoulder raises, bulgerian fire squats, Asian squat static calf raises.

Thr only ab routine are 5 minute planks a few times a week and side bends.
Thats about it.

I also do dips on my counter.

Real easy. The rest is diet and swimming every now and then.

I have nothing to sell! I'm simply expanding people's minds when it comes to weight training.

Do you swim with the single weight vest?

When my vest eventually breaks I'll see what it's like to swim with a little weight. Maybe 10lbs to start off. That would be kind of cool.

Make sure to have a CPR trained individual on hand when doing that

Your bait is so garbage man

But it's so true though

We're not talking about the girlfriend clause, we're talking about simulated gravity training.

Thanks for sharing that.

Just another reason to not grt married.
How many dudes do you know who get married and lose all their gains in a year?

>tfw nobody who advocates a retarded diet or workout regime ever posts a picture of their body.

You want nudes or something?

Are you inSaiyan?!

I'm at Kaio-ken levels. Super saiyan when I can do a handstand pushup with "both vests on.

God damn user you are a genius.

You'll sink like a fucking brick even when going that low mate. Buoyancy at low bf% is already non-existant so it doesn't take much.

I agree with you about gyms but i dont really use weighted vests much. I feel like they are too expensive. Do you know any cheap sources?
Only weights are use are for pull ups and dips and thats only twice a week now.

>buying a weight vest
>not buying a plate carrier instead
>not enjoying practical weight that can also stop bullets
When Abdullah and his friends move into your neighborhoods ya'll are going to regret your poor judgement

>hyperbolic no gf chamber
Rorororo

>manlet
Don't use weighted vests or you might get even shorter

I want to reach 5'4" will I make it if I keep training?

Just do squats

Alright go ahead lad. How do you do this shit? Just do bodyweight stuff with a vest or do you wear it while walking around or some shit?

I've started doing bodyweight stuff for my core so anything that could help would be great

>I'm probably stronger, more explosive, and more durable than all of you gym fags.
If you aren't pulling 2/3/4/5 then no, you aren't.
>Chicks want lean mean 6foot 1 180 pound fucking machines
Literally lifting for women, lol.

>Tell me, why haven't you looked into weight vest workouts?
I have, I carry it as 100lbs of extra fat. Pretty neat desu, stronk as fuck.

what makes the OHP, bench, squat and dl the strength standards for all of us? I can say if you can't do a weighted pull up with half your bodyweight then you are weak, because those are my strength standards. I can say that instead of a back squat we should do a zercher squat to see who is really strong.

Your going to have knee problems

>I can say if you can't do a weighted pull up with half your bodyweight then you are weak
But I can, whereas I'd like to see you strict press 2pl8, or bench 3pl8.

That's why it's the strength standard. because its FUNCTIONAL STRENGTH, I can lift more than you even relative to my bodyweight. Don't throw out claims like "explosive power and strength" when what you actually mean is "looking lean and attracting thots"

I'm not OP and I didnt say im more explosive than anyone here.
I don't train my overhead press so I dont know what my overhead press is. Either way I still don't understand how overhead press or bench are any more FUNCTIONAL STRENGTH than a pull up or a dip.

Because lifting things off the ground, lifting things off your chest and lifting things above your head are pretty much the only ways you can lift something.
Say there's an earthquake, a rubble lands on your chest, luckily your arms catch it, but now you have roughly 120kg on your chest. How do you expect to survive, or a more practical example, say you have a box of spare parts you need to place on a high shelf, this box weighs 80kg and has no handles, your company is small and you have no excess funds for assisted lifting vehicles/devices. What are you going to do in these situations, curl up into a ball and cry?
Say there's kittens trapped in a drain that's filling up with water, the drain is obstructed by a small late model sports coupe and the kittens can't escape, I'm sorry, if you can't DL at least 400lbs those kitties are as good as dead(this one literally happened and honestly I thank god for every day I lifted up till that point because I don't think I could stand to see a bunch of kittens drowning).

I wear one vest around the house when I'm just chilling. The idea is my body will be think I'm a fat fuck. Yeah it's a little bro science but there's no doubt I burn more calories throuout the day and my body adapts by building muscle. It is like those Africans who carry baskets all day. Their muscles grow to make the task easier. Same with a weight vest.

When I workout, I do basic body weight stuff. I mean that's all there is to it.

I got both of mine for like $170 or $180 combined. I dint remember, it's been a while since I bought my second vest.

But I got them off Amazon. Brand is Cap

My top priority is protecting against knee issues, back issues, and bad posture.

I think the most important things to remember are to progress slowly and be very deliberate with your movements.

I argue that my knees are more protected than most as the stabilizer muscles have no doubt been built up and are very strong

Listen mate if a 120kg rubble somehow lands on your chest you're fucking dead whether you catch it or not.
You mentioned lifting a box that has no handles, how would that compare to a deadlift that has a perfectly even bar that is easy to grab on to? If anything strongman exercises like atlas stone, tire flip and axle cleans are actually functional in situations like these, not the powerlifting non sense of back squat, conventional deadlift and bench press.
If you are going to lift a box are you gonna have your feet together and arms to the side like a conventional deadlift? No you will have your feet spread apart and your will reach down with your arms, sort of some sumo and zercher deadlift hybrid.

A big perk is being able to manhandle chicks. Once you can manipulate 170lb of dead weight on your body, humans are suoer light. Especially the weight class I participate in (90-125lb chicks)

Honestly really considering dropping the gym and doing weighted calisthenics. Currently on vacation and my main staple lifts are weighted ring pull ups and ring dips.

The only issue I have is training legs. Pistol squats are literally satan and I fucking hate doing them.

You just do bodyweight shit whenever with no set routine? How does your diet look?

If you think that doing a deadlift only trains you for doing that exact movement and has no carry over for lifting other things off the ground then you are terminally retarded. Not to mention I was specifically referring to a press where you would have to push 80kg overhead in order to put the box on a high shelf.

If you're saying that compound movements have no carry over into practically lifting heavy things in real life, I seriously fail to comprehend how you can be so stupid.

OP should try swimming a mile out into a lake with both vests on. Show us how hard core you are, you "humble" fatty

How do you clean the thing?

Do not put words into my mouth.
I never said deadlift has no carry over, but I did say that certain exercises have much more specific carry over and are generally much more usefull than a regular conventional deadlift, squat or a bench. So again back to my point, why would these 3 exercises be the standard for anyone's strength if they are not competing in powerlifting? They are not any more useful than other compound exercises.

Yeah, I don't have any set time to workout I just make sure I do something every day.

I don't really do a reps either. I basically just try to do as many as possible each set. Sometimes I do more sets. Sometimes less. I have a really lax approach to working out.

My diets pretty good. Somewhere around 2200-2400 a day. Eggs, fish, turkey, ribeye steak, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, pears, avocado, tomatoes, peaches, bananas,watermelon, lettuce, whole grains, sweet potatoes, protein waffles, sunflower kernels, Greek yogurt ice cream.

That's about it.

I dont clean it. The velcro is pretty gross atm.

The best way to prevent this is to store the vests ona yoga mat folded so velcro is on the inside.

But, it's unavoidable if you're doing pushups on carpet so I don't try hard to keep them clean.

grab the weighted vest on the ground in a deadlift position except with the weight a bit forward from the mid foot position. Then lift the bar above the knee as you would for a conventional deadlift. Now here's the tough part, you have to roll your legs beneath the vest and at the same time lean and pull back into your thighs whilst keeping your arms tightly locked. Now, I like imagine the bar is a car and my thighs are a ramp, the car is moving towards the ramp at the same speed the ramp is moving towards the car (they intersect at the middle which should be mid-foot) then as soon as the car touches the ramp it explodes, turning the horizontal energy of the car towards the ramp and the energy of the ramp towards the car into vertical energy. At this point the vest should be moving freely through the air in a directly vertical motion above mid foot. Now with the vest in near free motion you must get beneath the weight, lift your feet off the ground and try to use the weight of the vest to push yourself under it, roll your elbows quickly beneath it then rest the weight on your front delts, now you should be sitting in a front squat position. Now tighten your core and keep your elbows up and stand up while keeping the bar in a straight line on its vertical path.

>but I did say that certain exercises have much more specific carry over
Yes, "SPECIFIC" which is the opposite of "GENERAL" which is the whole point of "FUNCTIONAL" strength, those 3 standard exercises give the most practical strength in the most robust sense. Meaning I don't train to pick specifcally handleless boxes of the ground, I train to lift fucking everything off the ground.

Ok so why would I need the conventional deadlift SPECIFICALLY to lift things off the ground? I could use any other exercise(zercher deadlift, sumo deadlift, trap bar deadlift, behind the back deadlift) and I will be getting stronger at picking things off the ground.
But I will tell you why squat bench and deadlift are considered the most practical exercises for general strength, it's because of the powerlifting nonsense that has infected this board and most of the fitness industry. Idiots like you have helped spread it as the best tool for getting stronger and more aesthetic(LOL) but the truth is you are training to be a powerlifter, nothing more nothing less.

Pic related is REAL WORLD strength. This is what FUNCTIONAL STRENGTH looks like

I'm going to reach 1/2/3/4 while training handstand and L sit then switch over to calisthenics for good. Mirin' Opie

>zercher deadlift
Too much stress on the posterior chain to train regularly
>sumo deadlift
Not enough resistance on the top of the pull to fully work the muscles
>trap bar deadlift
works the same as a conventional deadlift for the most part
>behind the back deadlift
you mean hack squats? You mean you generally pick stuff up behind you? I thought you were dumb before but jesus this is too much.

>conventional
too much lower back and a living hell if you have short arms, no thx, ill stick to sumo and trap bar and literally anything but conventional.

>Ok so why would I need the conventional deadlift SPECIFICALLY to lift things off the ground?
Because it is the best exercise work the wide range of muscles involved in general heavy lifting.
Honestly the best answer I could give to you is to work in repo or furniture moving for a few months, lifting unusually situated heavy objects that aren't correctly balanced is the greatest display of practical strength and the deadlift is the movement that has helped me the most in this area. I'm now capable of doing jobs by myself that I used to need a partner for. If that doesn't prove the point then I don't know what will. I literally make more money now because I deadlift lots.

>Because it is the best exercise work the wide range of muscles involved in general heavy lifting.
wrong
I don't care what helped you or what didn't help you. For me the conventional deadlift and bench press are awful exercises(squat is alright though but thats beside the point)
There's literally no reason why these 3 specific exercises should be the standard for everyone but powerlifters.

Functional strength to me is being able to resist attempted rape from a fat girl, picking a girl up from the couch and hitting a running powerslam onto the bed, scaling an apartment building, and good balance.

Try working in a field that requires you to lift heavy things regularly.

Sorry but i'm not poor

I'd rather be poor than weak.
I could get rich, but you will never be strong.

Who said I am weak? I am probably stronger than you in the lifts I care about like a weighted chin up, weighted dip, overhead press, front squat etc. I just couldn't care less about how strong my conventional deadlift and bench press is.
To me it sounds like you are a poor construction worker and the only thing going on in your life is picking things off the ground.Pic related, the epitome of functional strength and fitness.

Sounds like we have similar philosophys.

One day people will see the true path.
Would a girl rather be dead lifted or would she rather get plowed while you're doing front squats as her arms and legs are wrapped around you? You and I could plow much longer in said position than this field worker.

>Seriously, I haven't gone to a gym or lifted a dumbell in a year and a half

We can tell

but dude, we are weak because we pick up slightly less weight in a conventional deadlift stance. How can we keep living like this?

Now that you mention it zercher squats will have direct carry over to picking up sloots and fuking them. Never thought of that.