Home Gym General

Yo Veeky Forums this isn't my home board, but I wanted to ask you guys, what's the minimum/most important things I should get for a home gym? I have a pull up bar already. Pic unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FL9cru3TKEg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

rack bench dumbells and barbell

Barbell, some plates (preferably 4 45lb/20kg, and 2 of every other type), a bench, and a rack (power cage ideally), you don't need much more than that.

bare minimum equipment to make gains
>gymnastic rings
>floor mat

Bare minimum equipment to lift weights
>squat stand
>barbell
>plates

yo what's that's pic from

Hyper minimalist would be a squat stand, bench, barbell, and weights; however, if you were to get cage instead you have an area for pull ups without having to buy a door frame pull up bar.
My good friend has a home gym with a rack and the things I listed previously in addition to dumbells and trx things. Its really nice and when hes in town we'll lift together and get zestos after.
His pitbull is super nice and hangs out in the gym.

Bench press
Pull up bar
Some dumbells

thats about it.

Remember: Only Pull ups, sit ups, and your run matter in life. All other exercises you do just to complement those. This is the final redpill.

Power Rack/Squat Stand
Barbell and pl8's
Dumbbells
Bench

memories, 1995 anime

Not OP but what do you guys think of two-piece squat stands? How likely are you to kill yourself with them? Seems like they'd be good for saving space when not in use.

Magnetic Rose has always stuck in my mind, really liked it.

Personally I wouldn't trust them, im sure thy would work fine but i feel like id be constantly worried all the time

Is this a new meme cause it's retarded

Invest in good gym mats. I threw modular mats under my power cage and shit sucks. My feet always torque the mats and now nothing lines up. I need to add a mirror too.

I never use the treadmill and the machine is really there for the isolation exercises. The power cage, bench, mats, bar and weights are my necessities.

>doesnt have safeties for squatting
>he doesn't squat
>he bought a cage to bench in
What did he mean by this?

i have a pullup bar + dumbbells and its fine desu
once i feel im stalling ill either get more plates or join a gym

is it good?

The safeties are those grey bars behind the plates, I take them out unless I am doing 3 plates and up. I also remove the bench when I'm squatting in there.

>adjustable bench (incline, flat, decline)
>squat rack or 2 squat stands
>adjustable dumbbells, aka 2 Dumbbell handles
>1 barbell
>if Olympic Weights= 4 x 45's, 2 x 25's, 2 x 10's, 2 x 5's, maybe 2 x 2.5's
>if Standard Weights= 8 x 25's, 4 x 10's, 2 x 5's, maybe 2 x 2.5's
>pull-up bar

People usually say that Standard weights and equipment are inferior to Olympic weights and equipment, but if you live in a small apartment or house Standard weights are ideal and work just as well as Olympic.

Yeah I thought so.

Why is no one mentioning pull-up bar? Pull ups are just as important as squats, bench and deads for strength development.

>i have a pull up bar already
that's probably why

i need some peanut butter cause im really jelly of this home gym >:D

I have some squat stands. Mine don't have arms to catch a barbell in case of a botched squat, but I'm only doing OHP at at home anyway. But: Olympic lifters/high bar squatters don't need safety catches, they just bail their lifts. They also have rubber pl8s. I guess it really depends on the kind of floor you have. Is it pricy?
If you are in Europe, take a look at Marbo sports. And sqmize for barbell.

looks comfy

Just get the one up from that the adjustable squat and dip rack its like that but has spotters etc u can buy online for like less than $80

infact i have a shot of mine in this pic!

a cheeky shot from the other side of the gym!

looks like many gains were already had in this gym, and many more soon to come. thanks for posting.

A question for you mate, how much time would it take to take apart a squat stand like that ? In three pieces, the two sides and the back orange bar. I ask you because I'm considering one like that but want to hide it under my bed when I am not using it.

what does Veeky Forums think of dumbbell only workouts?

Yeah bought this yesterday got no room for it though so thinking about removing that door at the back there where the green wall is tearing down some of the wall from probably where that plastic window starts to where the door ends to leave an opening of about 150cm and putting it in the room there, thing is thats my workshop so needs a good clear out kinda panicking that ive over done it and wont have enough room lol

I see no reason that they wouldn't work as well as barbell. I could be wrong though

Probably not that long actually its literally just removing the bolts on either side of the orange piece so if u keep the tools under ur bed aswell shouldnt take too long

i feel like if i had a home gym, it would just be a rack and bar.

although i wouldn't be surprised if the addiction got to me, and 6 months later I was shipping in handcrafted kettlebells and tearing down my car port to fit battle ropes and a boxing ring

if you have enough weight, you can make really good hypertrophy gains, but its a lot harder to get very strong on DB goblet squats and DB deadlifts

I've been homegymming inside a tiny fucking apartment with just a barbell and a couple weights and the only thing I really need is a pull up bar.

Lol all this is so unnecessary. Just buy a couple of weight vests and do some bodyweight exercises 7 days a week while wearing it.

Of course this shit is some stuff nobody is talking about and these gym fags here seem to dislike the idea.

Short sighted fucks.
Do me a favor. Imagine you are me wearing two 83lb vests. What does that mean? Means you'll be ripped to shit.

I haven't stepped into a gym since winter of 2015.

shame i cant put some heavy machinery upstairs coz i got mo'fuckin 2 floors but dont wnna fall through the roof

How about some kettlebells, if you can get them cheap?

That's what I thought. Thanks dude.

Holy shit, that is a sweet setup!

>wear a couple of 40kg vests and do a fuckload of (not-so)bodyweight exercises all day every day
>"lel I don't even step foot in the gym"
>hardly ottermode
yeah, so fucking worth it.

Are you trying to make weight vests be the fucking sips meme of 2017? Because this is how you make weight vests the fucking sips meme of 2017.

Jesus. I'm going to apply to janitor/mod next time it's open just so I can get perma-admin banned later after I abuse my power to get rid of this shit.

people have different goals. If yours is to have a body your faggot bf would appreciate that's fine.

I've got
>floor mat
>resistance bands
>jump rope
>ab wheel
>grip strengthener
>pull up bar
>adjustable bench
>one pair of dumbbells (medium weight for me)

My home stuff is mostly just for stretching and calisthenics. If I want to lift, I go to the gym. Obviously it'd be nice to have a power cage and barbells, but I don't have room for it.

aye boys just built my power rack last night, to join the home gym club.

Wondering how I can maximize rest/work days? I went back to a 5x5 after being unable to lift for a few months, to get my numbers back up quickly.

Should I do the normal 2 lifts + accessories every other day now that I don't have to worry about gym hours/driving? Or is it important to have a 2 day break after DL? I'm pretty good at feeling when I've over trained.

Anyone do a different routine after being able to lift 24/7?

best addiction to have

yes

youtube.com/watch?v=FL9cru3TKEg

Harder to progress on compounds, pretty much impossible to make good leg gains
That being said with dumbbells+pull ups you can get good gains

power rack, bench and oly barbell with weights, you can probably get it all for under 400 with some wise shopping

>he doesn't use a sip vest

I've been using them for over a year,

Bench Press:

I rely on the pins with my life (literally). Have to constantly check if they are properly pinned or not. For reracking, I would have to be careful not to rerack past the bar catch or it would be the end.

Squat:

I've only done zercher squats, as I don't trust the stands fully extended,

OHP:

I couldn't really fully OHP because of low celing (thats why I have these instead of an actual rack)
I do the Z-Press or sometimes sitting OHP

These are the only things I can think of that could actually kill you.

The racks I bought were not the exact same ones in the picture.

The main reasons I would not recommend this is because it could get unstable at times.
I would only recommend this if you have absolutely no money and no space. You could even buy a more expensive version of these stands that look more stable, look out for stronger pins if space is a problem.

>I haven't stepped into a gym since winter of 2015.

I can notice that.