Why is everyone so minimalist in their routines...

Why is everyone so minimalist in their routines? They do like 45 minutes or an hour of workouts maybe once a day and then just do fuck all for the rest of it??

Bodybuilders like Arnold spent 4 or 5 hours in the gym every day. 4. Or 5. Hours. And you all think you can look like Arnold by doing an hour max and "eating right :DDD".

No wonder fucking natty lifters look like shit. If you roid up then sure you can probably spend an hour every day, but do you seriously believe that you can build as much muscle as a bodybuilder doing 1/5th of the work? Cmon now..

Exercise shouldn't consume your entire life.
And I'm a girl so I don't need to do that much. Just squat, deadlift and kickbacks.

>why do you guys all have lives?
>you should be in the gym instead of actually trying to live a normal life

Ok, jimmy

That's fine but why bother bulking and cutting and all that if you aren't a professional bodybuilder? Clearly if you want to be a professional then being in the gym and eating right has to become your life. It's cool if you lift weights for an hour a day as a hobby but don't think you'll be anywhere close to the actors and fitness models you see in day to day life. It's just the truth, but I think a lot of people are delluded and really believe those kinds of bodies are achievable on minimalist routines.

Don't forget the cardio and sex for maximum lower body gains

I know OP is trying to bait, but what is

>Zero experience noobs with shit recovery who will benefit more from frequency
>Actually warming up and going hard on 5x5 compounds take around an hour for 3 exercises
>Tendonitis from too much volume too early
>Burnout and lack of sustainability

I'm not going to say whether or not an exact routine is too much volume or not, but beginners tend to be so focused on making the perfect, flawless routine that they keep adding exercises to existing ones thinking it's not enough volume, and then get too tired too quickly and make slower progressions than if they just followed the program regularly.

> I don't need to do that much

keep telling yourself that when you can't perform basic feats of upper body strength

low volume minimalist training that eschews accessory work and focuses myopically on "muh heavy compounds functional strength stabilizers" is the internet lifting counterculture of today

Veeky Forums and reddit nerds want to look like the kids who picked on them in high school, but with their superior ability to read things on the internet they think they know better and have an inside scoop

sooner or later (i hope) most guys who lift long enough realize that doing more volume (on compounds as well as accessories) and doing isolation work are positive things for size and strength

Nobody thinks you can build a body like Arnold's with less work/natty.
People have lives.
People don't get paid to compete and aren't sponsored, people have to work for that shit.
Recovery for natty's isn't anywhere near as good as it is for someone like Arnie.
Plenty of good reasons why people don't spend 4 - 5 hours in the gym 5 - 6 days a week.

I don't like cardio
I could do upper body occasionally. Maybe try to learn how to do pull ups.

Also of note is Arnold and bodybuilders in general don't really give a fuck about strength, they care about being sculpted with extreme amounts of reps to make the muscles grow and burn.

A classic set is benching high rep low weight all the way up to low rep high weight then back down to high rep low weight. The high weight would probably only be like 100kg though

>why do you bother working out if you arent going pro?
>why do you bother running if you aren't going pro?
>why do you bother going to school if you aren't becoming albert einstein?

Less is more, too much volume is detrimental and you should cycle between the minimal effective dose in your programming and exceeding your maximal recoverable volume before allowing yourself to recover to make optimal gains.

Also for the vast majority of gym goers, if you take more than 2 hours in the gym you should work on your fucking work capacity and conditioning, or shut the fuck up and lift.

you are so completely full of shit and clueless, and you have no idea that you are

giant bodybuilders are not going up to a "high weight" set of 100kg you fucking mongoloid, they may not be as strong pound for pound as powerlifters that focus exclusively on the big 3 but any bodybuilder with decent muscular development is going to be strong as fuck

there are no guys with 18+ inch lean arms trenned out of their minds benching 100kg for a heavy set, you are a fucking idiot, stop posting

I spend only an hour in the gym but I go hard.

Tell me, for push day for example, what more do I need then

OHP
Bench
Incline Bench
Dips
Lateral Raises
Tricep Pushdown

Quality over quantity. Why would I spend another hour in the gym doing a bunch of isolations, aint nobody got time for that

too much volume is detrimental (above MRV), but less is not more in most circumstances

you should be working near your MRV for best results, i know there was some memery about the body becoming desensitized to higher volume and needing even more to progress but this doesn't really happen (you can just do a lower volume phase and re-sensitize)

problem is,most guys will do too much volume

bullshit, most people can do a whole lot more volume than they think they can

most guys will jump into too much volume without building up to it, or have no idea how to periodize so they can dump the fatigue once in a while

Must be easy to spend 3-4 hours a day in the gym when youre a virgin neet living at your parents.

I got a wife and kids, and a fulltime job. Im lucky enough if I have 1 hour to spare to go to the gym

If you work near your MRV every single day, one day very very soon you will exceed your MRV by being under recovered, and if you don't understand what happened it'll take a little while to figure it out and get back to the point where you're progressing again. When you knowingly exceed and allow yourself to recover from exceeding your MRV and work back up to that from the minimal effective dose, the body hyper compensates from the added stress. Watch CWS's videos on programming. He's a really smart guy, you can learn a lot about programming from him and all of Juggernaut training in general.

if you still have energy and strenght left after finishing your heavy compound lifts, youre not going hard enough

or youre juicing

why dont you do what all married couples with kids do and get a home gym? SS is literally the working mans workout

never did I suggest working near MRV daily, I'm well familiar with CWS and JTS

I am challenging your suggestion that "less is more" - it's not, more is more, provided "more" is not "too much"

Forgot image. While more is technically more, beyond a certain point it has vastly diminishing returns. It's important for a good portion of your training to remain in the sweet spot where you're making the most progress for the least work. This will go a long way to help you to recover well and avoid injuries.

all I'm saying is, you should be working near your MRV at the highest volume phases of your training cycle if you want to make the best progress

i'm not telling you to hammer yourself one set under MRV for each bodypart week after week, that will probably kill you

I like the gym culture, seeing ripped ass guys around me pushing themselves to the limit motivates me to go harder too. I tried home gym a few months but then sold all my shit again because I didnt like working out alone, and I had less motivation.

Being around cuty fit chicks in yoga pants and buff ass guys as your 'competition' is literally a free test boost

Oh okay, my bad I was having a problem understand where you were coming from. Here have a qt.

thanks lad, here's one back to you

1. You get 99% of all possible gains by doing like 2-3 hours of lifting per week in total
2. Arnold was using steroids and was literally paid to lift and eat
3. You're basically a retard and your post screams "NEET"

are you sure you have a wife and kids? You talk like a grade school child

This is implying that Arny isn't a massive roider which is pretty funny

>why do you bother going to school if you aren't becoming albert einstein?
i dont want to bee an overrated B category Bill Nye styled "science" master

I limit my workouts to 20 mins. I feel bad for you, son.

He was on gear

>seeing ripped guys motivates me

>Bodybuilders like Arnold spent 4 or 5 hours in the gym every day. 4. Or 5. Hours.

I know this might be hard for you to comprehend, OP, but some people have jobs and loved ones.

only autists crave that Arnold/bbuilder look

it looks retarded and gross to everyone else

I don't even do 45, it's 30 with warm up + stretching included everyday, when it's more I just become bored and give up, 30 everyday is just the perfect number of my attention.

Your routine entirely depends on your goals, aviable time and such bullshit. Currently I am on a PPL with 7 exercises with two of them being strenght exercises on each day + circuit and cardio workouts on my rest days. All of those days take up to 2h.
>Goal: Be athletic and strong

But I could also reach that with a fullbody x3 week split only doing OHP, weighted Pullups and Squats while boxing on some other days, only taking up one hour each,

Literally only depends on how much you can put into it and how much or what you want to get outta it.

Bodybuilders lift as their profession. I'm an engineer. I am also a married father of 3. I don't have 4 or 5 spare hours every day to spend in the gym. I would rather spend time with my kids than work out. I would probably rather work out than spend time with my wife tho.

I don't wanna spend too much time in the gym

lel that's tragic

You'll understand once you get a job and a girlfriend, kiddo.

Also, reminder that Arnold had a 28.7 FFMI which is about 4 points past the natty limit.

because they did roids dumbfuck, of course they could lift 5 hours a day

That's not a minimalist program though, lad. You've got 4 accessory movements and 2 main lifts. You'll be fine with that, although I'd recommend adding in close grip bench

Nigger i have a job

get a job

>albert einstein
>overrated
Neck yourself

LONDON

because of the diminishing returns. not everyone is a brainlet who wants to spend all his free time in the gym.

What is maximum recoverable volume you stupid fucking cunt.
What is the cortisol spike in naturals after roughly an hour of resistance training

I fucking wish I could train 5 hours a day, but as a natural my skeletal muscles and nervous system couldn't handle it.

Your reading comprehension is really bad bro

everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but ain't nobody wants to lift heavy ass weights

so true

she's so hot...

>implying that Dorian Yates didn't dwarf Arnie with a completely different training style.
>implying that you can't get through a GVT style training in an hour and a half a session if not less
>implying that as far as bodybuilding goes routine matters anywhere near as much as anabolics and eating like a freak

Arnie did steroids. Steroids increase recovery time drastically. If a novice spent 4-5 hours in the gym. The recovery of such exercise would take up to 3 days to recover from

Meanwhile, in order to complete routine Arnold did, they'd have to be 90% recovered the day after to do a sperate body part

Read up on training for natural athletes.

This is now a tamashi thread

You think you can go to the gym for 4 or 5 hours a day and look like Arnold? Arnold went 25 hours a day. He lived on the border of 2 different time zones just so he could lift for an extra hour. He would then lift while he travelled the the next border. Always lifting. Dedicated, motivated, inspired. Arnold would lift those weights until gym and then spend timezones with muscles. Whole muscles big and motivated muscles. Arnold.

Natty lifters litterally can not do the same amount of volume as guys on gear.
We don't have the will power, stamina, or the most important thing. Recovery capacity.

We can try(and for a few years I did)and get good results but you'd have to do NOTHING ELSE except gym sleep eat rest and recouperation. If you fuck up one single thing your entire week is fucked. IF YOU'RE LUCKY!
You could end up depressed, exhausted, mentally ruined, injured, frazzled completely and every single joint will cry out for fucking mercy.
And that's if you just screwed up for a few days, if you did this shit for a few months, you're going to catch a fucking major sickness and be down for a long while. And you're going to, no matter what, need to rest for a few months.

Working diligently intelligently and consistently is better then going into the gym and going balls to her clit for 4 hours and having to hobble home.

To be fair this:
>i dont want to bee an overrated B category Bill Nye styled "science" master
is pretty poorly written

can confirm - friend is ex bodybuilder, doesnt roid anymore, still benches 140 kg for reps

>2-3 hours
You must have no endurance.

who is he? a model?

Nigger I'm on sheiko doing at least 5 heavy doubles and/or triples plus accessories 3 times a week for bench alone and seeing the best gains of my life. This "too much volume" meme needs to fucking die just like the "I don't wanna get too big" meme. You think you can show up to the gym for 90 minutes 3 times a week and get in "too much volume"? You'd have to train til you fucking vomit and then keep going to hit your recovery limit in less than 5 hours a week.

tendonitis comes from shit form, bad hand placement and tight muscles

Didn't think it was worth making a new thread for, is this routine good as AxBxAxx BxAxBxx for someone that has worked out for 6~ months and is starting to exhaust beginner gains?

Because pro bodybuilders literally care about nothing else but muscle development.

Normal people have a life that precludes spending 4 hours in the gym every day you stupid fucking autist.

No.

If you want to learn babby's first programming lesson do lyle mcdonald's generic bulking routine and read the whole fucking pdf because it contains a lot of important information.

Thanks mate I'll give it a read. I got it from the routine general, here's another I saw, is it shit?

Not him but add core work and cardio and you're good to go.

I highly doubt anyone here is trying to be a professional you lard ass, and if you haven't heard.. Arnold spent 4 hours in the gym while taking a cocktail of drugs that could prolly kill 25% of Veeky Forums

>And I'm a girl
why do you think we care if you have a cunt or not? Also,
>L O N D O N
>O
>N
>D
>O
>N

>Why invest anything other than everything or nothing in a hobby
You must be really fun at parties

OP, that's because working out is ALL THEY DID! They didn't have day jobs.