How important is the USA in historical terms?

How important is the USA in historical terms?
Are they Rome tier yet?

Nobody will ever be Rome-tier due to its first-mover status.

They are Mongol Empire of our time.

>4200621
Nope. You're giving Americans too much credit.

Maybe like the Indians after the Muslim invasion(Mughal era) would be a good comparison.

Since World War 2 they have been unquestionably the most powerful nation in the history of the world. It's only been a short period of time however, and their influence is already waning.

Not Rome tier. Maybe not even bongland tier yet.

America is not Rome, and has impacted the world in far greater scale than Rome ever could.

I know this is bait but

>t. 56% amerimutt with 0 perspective and 0 actual knowledge of history

says the fat amerimutt who stole the ideas for his government from rome and uses stolen rocket technology from nazi germany

Not even close, but they could have been if they managed to subjugate Canada, as well as use their nuclear monopoly when they had it. Instead they will be a historical footnote because they wanted to be the "nice guys" instead of strong men.

More like Mongol tier.

They rose fast, relevant for a century or two, and fade away.

nice one brainlet, you sure showed me

2/10, at least you tried

you can find that note on the moon

Not Rome tier, but at the top of the heap over the last 1000 years or so.

>1000 years or so

>Rome
>Roman law, Latin alphabet, Roman Christianity, imperial fuckload of Latin loanwords in every European language

>America
>shitty TV shows and rapping niggers

America is sure more influential.

>greentexting faggotry

I don't think we're at Rome tier yet, if we ever get there. I'm going to say more like Spanish/Portuguese empires. Big, got where we are through a combination of luck and preying on the weak (native americans in both cases), and probably can't hold on forever.

you have had a terrible education, like most people of the 21st century it seems

Everyone hates the US and the vitriol from them if you ever suggest anything positive about the US indicates to me that the US has something to be envied, as the hatred would be inexplicable otherwise.

If a comparison with a classical state or government is what you want then the Roman Republic is the best comparison in the way the provincial governments and actual power vs. centralized power in fact worked; also obv USA founders did have a bit of a "we Rome now" complex as every European power did at the time, but they took it a little further. If there is a Roman Empire of this era; it can only be the USA.

Hard to say how it will be viewed 1000 years from now, I don't think Rome can be surpassed in how its perceived, what I can say is that the US is the most powerful and influential country to ever exist relative to its time, and the only nation that can compare is Britain at the end of the 19th century

More or less, this. While Rome has had the most profound and visible effect on our modern world, there were contemporaneous thriving civilizations and parts of the globe in which everyday people lived their lives entirely ignorant of Rome. As has been said here before, you can go to the most remote shithole in the world today and still find kids wearing mickey mouse or superman T-shirts.

It's shocking how oblivious Europeans are to how Americanized they and the world as a whole has become.

This. If at any point I started inescapably seeing Chinese/Russian/non-American TV shows, celebrities, and movies on a regular basis throughout my daily life it'd be clear and obvious to me who the reigning cultural hegemony was. Meanwhile Europeans shitpost about America's supposed irrelevance while their mum is sitting upstairs watching Seinfeld and listening to American pop music.

It's the same deal with when people meme on how "whites have no culture". American culture is so dominant that many simply see it as the default

To name a few, think about:
- pop culture
- cinema
- use of modern technologies
- global geopolitics
And you'll have USA inevitably there.

That's a brief description of their importance.

>whites have no culture
Who event believes that ?

I was born in the 80s and I've literally never watched a single Seinfeld episode.

Also to add, I only know that the show even exists because of Costanza memes from /sp/.

And yet the fact that you know what Seinfeld is and could likely recognize its characters says enough.

I'm fairly certain like half of my fucking country doesn't even know shows like "Seinfeld" and "Friends" exist.

Niggers in America, because white (read: Anglo) culture is the "default" for them, something they don't even notice, so they assume culture only manifests in the form of shitty haircuts and diarrhea-inducing food.

You'd be surprised user

I've even seen white people say that bs
white guilt is a bitch

Well I did watch some Friends episode in the 90s, but Seinfeld was completely absent, our TV networks didn't even buy rights for that, nobody showed it here.

See

America could lose its dominance status soon but I really don't believe it will happen.

It will all come down to who dominates space in the next century. That's where the American Empire will rise

Rome never dreamt of having the ability to end mankind with the push of a button. All civilization and humanity exists each day because America allows it.

A temporary great nation, much like Sweden

America is massively important politically, culturally, technologically, in every way really. Yet their dominance is only a century old so I wouldn't say it's quite Rome-tier. That said, it'd be practically impossible for a country today to maintain an actual empire as vast and dominant as Rome, no matter how powerful. So relative to the times we find ourselves in, it's reasonable to compare the two in terms of global hegemony. The question is more how long that hegemony will last. Given that the US isn't as powerful as it was in the last couple of decades, I'd say that it's only going to keep getting weaker. The extent of American cultural influence and the ability to nuke the world into oblivion is enough to assure me that this process will take some time though.

don't be delusional, America is most of a continent. if alaska was independent and took over the coast up to Monterey for 100 years, that would be equivalent. America simply has too many people and too much money to ever be a temporary great nation

there's no such thing as giving Americans too much credit.

We take all the credit.

I'd say American is more powerful in its time than Rome was in thiers.
For starters Rome couldn't debase its currency indefinitely and export the inflation to other countries

> impacted the world in far greater scale than Rome
This is actually true, but it has sadly been for worse effect than what Rome did

Rome was around for longer, you're at about the point of Gracchi brothers

you millennial historians are the worst

Waning? More like other powers are rising. In a realist sense it is waning, but in an actual sense it is not diminished. Whenever an empire forms a state of hegemony over a circumscribed geopolitical territory, like Rome over the Mediterranean basin, or the Seljuks in the Near East, it faces a backlash of anti-hegemonic revisionist powers. See: Mithridatic wars and the Jugurthine War, or the Seljuks wars against the Byzantines, Georgians, and the First Crusade. Inevitably these challengers are defeated and subsumed into a consolidating empire. The only question is whether the U.S. actually constitutes a universal empire in this sense.

t. Amerigoblin, proud citizen of the great satan

It's kind of sad. You were a normal person once.

They gotten into power by the time the world was pretty much connected with each other and will probably be seen as the protagonist of this early globalism.

Probably also the last hurrah of the west since after WWII it was them that kept up it's controversial influence on the world.

>You were a normal person once.
What did he mean by this?

Britain was Rome. USA is the byzantine empire

Veeky Forums should just die.