We discuss the benefits of Bench vs. OHP. Personally I think you need both to be aesthetic

We discuss the benefits of Bench vs. OHP. Personally I think you need both to be aesthetic.

Also how do you meet girls? I tried tinder, but they're all not interested in anything serious. And well it didn't turn out well for me. I met a couple of girls and got hurt when I realized I was one in many guys. I think online stuff isn't really a good solution. I'm 19 I can't go to bars. Where can I go? Just hang around the mall? Any actual females here to give advice

>Bench
pecs
>OHP
front delts

that's it

There are so many ways to hit shoulders I just don't see OHP as being special. It's barely better than bench press for front delts and garbage for the rest of the shoulder musculature. Vertical pulls hit traps much harder. Some people think you need to train your body in every plane of motion I guess so there's a reason to do them.

if you only want aesthetics you don't need any of those. start using dumbells more like the faggot you are.

ohp has free shoulderblade movement, which makes it a better exercise than bench for front delts.

dumbells and cables*

>Also how do you meet girls?
>I'm 19 I can't go to bars
Get a fake ID and go to college bars if there are any in your vicinity.
If that's not possible join some kind of club or activity group. Generally just be more social and outgoing and at some point you will meet someone.
Easiest way to meet a girl is through a common friend (for example at a friends birthday party)

>We discuss the benefits of Bench vs. OHP
They train different muscle groups, do both.

Yeah but ohp is fun as fuck and looks sick when you're holding weight over your head

so do dips and band push ups which i'd both do over ohp

those are both good, but they don't include scapular upward rotation, which is important for a healthy shoulder, long-term.

pull ups.

pull-ups train scapular downward rotation...

that's nonsense dude. doing pullups alone will give you healthy shoulders.

bench: chest, triceps, front delts (less)
ohp: chest (negligibly), triceps (moderately), front delts
you personally don't know what the fuck you're talking about
this

OHP is fun as fuck and looks great but it's nothing special for shoulder development, all presses vertical or not (although delt involvement goes up with angle of inclination) involve the front delts, to the point that if you train bench press and close grip bench press with enough volume and frequency your front delts will already be trained more than adequately (besides, when is the last time you saw a physique with noticeably lagging front delts? never)

that leaves side and rear delts, both of which are much better trained with raises - even doing overhead work with dumbbells and a higher degree of flare (which activates a lot more side delts) is going to be vastly inferior to just doing side laterals of some type

t. no clue

ohp is a shit triceps builder.
wouldn't even call it moderate.
dips are better for triceps.

scapula upward rotation can be strengthened by strengthening your traps and serratus anterior. guess what strengthens those retard? vertical pulls and benching. if you wanna do ohp have fun but don't act like it's necessary.

yeah, moderately was generous on my part

it's too front delt limited to be a decent tricep builder

ohp has greater ser ant activation than pullups or benching.
benching in particular sucks because you're keeping the shoulder blades in an unnatural static position the whole time.
high volume ohp makes my serratus pretty sore.
guess where i feel soreness after doing a bunch of pullups? (hint: it's not my serratus)

also, are you seriously trying to equate training scapular upward rotation with downward rotation just because partly the same muscles are involved?

maybe stop making contrived excuses not to do a fundamental human movement?

yep, exactly.

>ohp has greater ser ant activation than pullups or benching
greater meaning jack shit. it's a poor exercise for serratus. and it's a poor exercise for traps. it's straight trash for scrapular upward rotation. quit acting like this is some kind of reason to ohp. it's not. you do ohp for front delts. the most worthless reason for an exercise to possibly exist when all pushing exercise already abuse the fuck out of them.
>guess where i feel soreness after doing a bunch of pullups? (hint: it's not my serratus)
i sure as hell hope you don't feel it in your serratus or you're weak ass bitch.
>also, are you seriously trying to equate training scapular upward rotation with downward rotation just because partly the same muscles are involved
wow you're fucking retarded and way to miss the entire point.
>maybe stop making contrived excuses not to do a fundamental human movement
there's nothing fundamental about it. it trains a set of muscles groups all of which can be trained better by different exercises. it's not necessary nor fundamental. if you have fun doing it go ahead but stop trying to act like it's some essential movement you dumbfuck.

feel the same way about deadlifts

>overhead press

You should be doing both.

Also, meet girls in church.

If your routine includes posterior chain, back and traps lifts besides deadlifts then you don't have to deadlift but deadlift is top tier.