en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigismund_I_the_Old
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigismund_II_Augustus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radziwill_family
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Radziwill
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaking_wheel
desuarchive.org/his/thread/4149728/#4152496
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dump ahead

A lot of work has gone into interpreting this, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's just Fuseli's interpretation of sleep paralysis, which must have been even more terrifying in his time.

I love that painting so much, i want it in my house

what is the evidence it is about rape

Basically all WW1 art.

something about the partially undressed and distressed state of the woman, the implications she is a prostitute, the dominated man in front of the door, and what look like blood on the bed. Dont really know where the name "the rape" comes from. It was shown as "Interior"

This painting both confuses and unnerves me.

If I had that problem back then I'd keep myself at abbot or churc, where else could you go, so fucked up.

why so?

Cannibalism in a castle siege in Japan.

The hand on the chair. And is that supposed to be a partially obscured face behind her left shoulder?

Made a spooky art thread here:

A Jewish girl being attacked by fellow villagers after falling in love with an Orthodox Christian boy.

An old man kills his own son

It’s one big play on words mixed with the cuckoo’s demonic cousin

The Japanese are knock off chinese after all

>those yes
every time

>be machiavellian queen
>your husband is old and frail
>your only son is young and inexperienced
>have problems with unruly nobles in one area
>worry that they might stir up shit when your young son becomes king
>have your teen son established as Grand Duke of that area so that he can solidify his power over those nobles before becoming king
>hope this will allow him to more easily curb their power in the future
>instead your son becomes best bros with the unruly nobles
>finally becomes king
>makes the unruly nobles his closest allies leading to the greatest prosperity in the history of their family
>decides to marry one of the unruly nobles, it's true love!
>lose your shit and have her assassinated
>your son gets depressed
>force him to remarry but he doesn't care about his new wife, lives separately, never has children, your dynasty dies with him

It is indeed sleep paralysis.

>Feeling a weight press down on your chest
>Feeling like you're being dragged off bed
>Lump body, can't move

All standard sleep paralysis features.

who dis?

>machiavellian queen
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bona_Sforza

>old and frail husband
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigismund_I_the_Old

>young son
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigismund_II_Augustus

>unruly nobles
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radziwill_family

>best bros
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikolaj_"the_Black"_Radziwill
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikolaj_"the_Red"_Radziwill

>it's true love!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Radziwill

The painting () shows Barbara and Sigismund II. She supposedly died of illness soon after their marriage, but rumor had it the furious king mother had her poisoned.

i did an image search and got
>Life and Death of Harriett Frean
what the fuck google
Thanks user

The funniest thing is that Bona apparently spent her entire life being hated, making enemies everywhere, and dealing with cutthroat court drama to the extent that she couldn't even conceive of the possibility that if she places her unsupervised teenage son in charge of a bunch of nobles around his age he's going to party hard with them and become friends and not mortal enemies.

I'm trying to find screencap of some gay people complaining about a crucifixion? Do any of you happen to know what I'm talking about?

Based jews

imagine fucking up that bad.

>be Rome
>absolute sausagefest
>no women to fukfuk
>steal all the women from a nearby city
>rape the shit out of all of them

You're a bit confused. The word "rape" in the rape of Sabine women refers to the kidnapping itself. The were taken for marriage, not rape in the modern sense.

Am I blind? I can't tell what's going on. I can't see what that thing is on the left side, and the woman doesn't look distressed at all. She's just kissing a shape. And since when does rape involve a woman embracing and kissing someone?

i'm aware. i'd imagine women literally stolen from their home city for the purpose of coitus and procreation would probably not consent to getting fucked repeatedly though user.

That's not what the history books say.

That thing is an alb, the old Germanic term for elfs. Elfs were imagined to be responsible for the dreams people had and the image is an illustration of someone having a nightmare. The German term for nightmare is Albtraum, which basically translates to "elfdream".

>not wanting to be taken from your boring provincial life by a strapping young man, marry him and become a respected wife and mother laying the foundations of the greatest city on Earth

gay

I used to live pretty close to the Detroit museum that has this. It was fun to visit. They even had a "spooky tour" pamphlet.

This maybe counts? It's very unusual. A miniature portrait with a woman next to the open coffin of her child.

"War Cripples" by Otto Dix, showing German WWI veterans and their crude prosthetics. What makes this even creepier (to me at least) is that it was destroyed by the Nazis after deemed "degenerate" and all that remains of the original is this photograph.

I could’ve sworn it was at the National Gallery in London.
I must be thinking of another piece by Fuseli.

Tfw my name literally means wise elf

gives me flashback to those ww1 photos of mutilated soldiers

Goya's "The disasters of war" series

Interesting how they ate people before they ate the horses

>art showing the dark and unseen sides of Veeky Forums

Napoleon was the Hitler of his time.

They're not monsters, jesus

Animes often show characters being hungry or having great appetites. It seems to be a prominent obsession.

it’s just a fun reflection of real life. People love to eat and get hungry.

>They ate the women first
>Then moved onto old and young men

So progressive.

Kinda hot desu. Looks like a wicked orgasm.

There's a version at the DIA and this version at the Goethe House. I think Fuseli did at least 1-2 more, but not sure where they are.

I don't see any Fuseli works at the National Gallery in London online, but the DIA lent their version out about 10 years ago to the Tate in London.

CHRISTED.COM

Is there anything spookier than just living in Detroit?

on suicide watch

How do the branches not break under the weight?

Kek

>how it feels to chew 5-gum

I fucking love that painting. The panicked regret in Ivan's eyes is my favorite piece of any painting.

Isn't it a literal nightmare 'riding' on her chest?

Isn't it a literal nightmare 'riding' on her chest?
Or is that the horse?

Why does she have a ludicrous amount of blonde pubes?

wtf is that thing

And the romans would definitely not have any reason what so ever to try to portrait a more rosy image.

Is your name Alfred?

Wasn't that common practice in certain times? The english atleast liked to take family photographs with the recently deceased.

pretty fucked up once you know the story

What is that, a painting for ants?

the wheel by Jacques Callot.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaking_wheel

The Strappado by Jacques Callot.

grow up

>t. Anglo

Wasn't he just taken prisoner or did they do some nasty shit to him aswell?

It always amazes me that people actually went to such things to have a good time.

desuarchive.org/his/thread/4149728/#4152496

i suppose it was people's horror, thriller movie night of the 1600s.

I made it. That's me (DestinyWolf) as the Angel of Fate (duh) guiding Princip to shiot the Archduke and start WW1.

Do you like it?

well most of the audience are soldiers. these scenes depict the torture and execution of french soldiers for war crimes committed on the civilian population of Lorraine.

pic related, french soldiers massacring and raping civilians.

Las criaturas...

pic related probably one of the earliest instances of the firing squad being used.

>/pol/ wants to burn this and replace it with gay supermen because muh degeneracy

Now that is FUCKED

>writers and historians from Timur's own court reported that Bayezid was treated well, and that Timur even mourned his death.
I think I'll side with the faggot who couldn't even steal a sheep properly.

AFAIK people rather saw it as properly entertaining. Doesn't Casanova describe an execution he went to where pretty much everyone but him had a good time, laughing and feeling the groove with one of his companions even openly fucking his mistress while a poor sodd was tortured to death?
Most of the audience for executions were civilians.

the Massacre of Naarden, Netherlands during the Dutch revolt.

soulless, psychopathic m*doids who lack empathy massacred a small city of 3000 people leaving only 60 left.
they spared neither woman nor child, forcibly locking civilians inside the church and their homes, then setting fire to the buildings, burning them alive.

is there any limit to m*doid brutality?

Assyrians loved making bas reliefs of their impaled victims. Common methods of Assyrian punishment for prisioners and captured populations included flaying victims alive, impalement, mutilation of the genitals and mass rape.

Pic is IIRC depicting Ashurbanipal chillaxing in his garden after he invaded and destroyed Elam. The woman accompaning him is supposedly the Queen of Elam. Her husband's head adorns the tree.

>ywn make a jewess fall in love with you and her entire tribe and fellow village forces her to convert to christianity