What are the best bulking foods for a poorfag?

What are the best bulking foods for a poorfag?

Other urls found in this thread:

efficiencyiseverything.com/calorie-per-dollar-list/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

whole milk

>20oz of Pasta
>Half a jar of peanut butter
>6 eggs
>48 oz of milk
>10 tortillas

4200 calories, 250-300g of protein, 400+ grams of carbs, for less than a $120 a month.

Beans and rice

BLACK
E
A
N
S

Oatmeal rice milk peanut butter chicken breast

holy fuck,
is this the god of bulking? why have I not seen more posts shilling black beans before?

That's a cup of uncooked black beans btw, still my nigga

does cooking the beans make them lose protein?

Yeah all the protein boils out of them

>tfw pajeet
>eating these on a cut
>didn't know before just now what they were called and thought they were high protein low calories

wait is this true?

lol no, cooking them doesn't effect its protein. It's not like you're going to eat them raw anyways.
Also I would say lentils are even better than black beans and are way more convenient to cook (boil for 20 minutes)

There's a general stigma around beans in the North America, in that it's generally considered a historically "poor people" food. Like, penniless peasant food, and so they didn't figure heavily into north american culinary tradition. Our contact with black beans has been their use in latin american cuisine, because other peoples poor people food is unique to us, as opposed to our own, which is not.

>pajeet eating black beans
aren't you lot into different beans? Black beans, compared to other common beans, are usually more expensive.

You forgot to mention that red lentils are the cheapest bean you can buy.
If one is ever terrifyingly broke and doesn't mind eating like an ascetic monk, brown rice and red lentils could be every meal of the day.

How does one figure out the ratio of beans:lentils for an effective ratio for lifting? I've done it myself manually before but there must be some sort of site or app that inputs a given food and shits out how much of which food you need for your optimum diet preference. I need 3000cal for bulking so at least I could just eat 5 cups of beans a day and be good.

don't look at me, I just 1:1 with rice. I don't know if it's optimum, it's just how I like to eat it.

Let's assume a TDEE of 2500cal and 175g protein.

You need 100g from both and 1250cal.

Black beans: literally 2 cups makes 1250cal, and 78g protein.

Red lentils: 2 cups (rounding from 1.88) makes over 1250cal, and 96g protein, so that's your calories good and 174g protein also hits the mark. This is literally fine for bulking since you're overshooting your daily requirement, and only need to add about 15% more to be fine. Unsure how much this would cost you a day per bag, since amounts vary.

Going from >Walmart:
>basic ass uncooked black beans run 8.7¢/oz, equals to $1.39 for a day's worth
>basic ass red lentils run 15.5¢/oz, so $2.48 for a day.

>that equals to, before tax:

>$3.87/day
>$27.09/week
>$54.18/biweekly
>$108.36 / $119.97 a month depending on calendar days

>$1,439 a year at most, which requires exactly one month of work at $9/hr before taxes. You could theoretically work one month out of your entire year and feed yourself totally for the other eleven, though prices vary depending on calorie requirement and bodyweight, and protein needs

Is monk mode best mode?

For calories, either rice, potatoes, beans, or pasta.

For protein, probably beans or off brand protein powder.

Milk
Eggs
Brown Rice
Lentils
Beans
Peanuts (I think theyre the cheapest nut you can buy)
Potatoes
Chicken Breast (assuming this is youre grocery list then youll be able to afford one type of meat)

desu this is way everyone should be eating and countless fitness youtubers have gone on to say that dirty bulking is a waste of time.

Monk mode best mode without a doubt.

The only hard thing would be keeping yourself in check because that food could get boring fast. But if youre poor and want to make gain its the only option. However, if youre a decent cook and know how to spice up beans then youre set for life, pinto beans slowly cooked topped with pico de gallo fuckkkkkkkkkk

I don't remember where i read it but it was something about non-meat sources of protein having a bad absorption rate compared to meat, meaning instead of the usual 0.8g of protein per lb you would need from meat sources being way more from non-meat sources, hence why is so hard to fulfill the protein intake as a vegan.
I don't really know about it just wanted to check if any of u guys actually know anything about this or if is just random bs being spewed on fit

Those numbers have to be cooked beans. Uncooked would have way more protein.

Rice, manager's special meat, potatoes, pasta, chocolate milk, and frozen vegetables are my staples. How poor of a poorfag are you? What's your food budget?

Not him but I remember a good long winter where I had $15/mo for my food budget. Ramen and protein powder were my only sustaining dregs

White rice, eggs, split peas

efficiencyiseverything.com/calorie-per-dollar-list/

Check the prices of things in stores near you. Calories per dollar and grams of protein per dollar are the two metrics you try to optimize. Foods that are good at both, like oats and pasta, should make the most of your calories and then you get the rest of your protein from a cheap complete protein source which is most likely the cheapest whey concentrate you can find in bulk online.

Oatmeal, whole milk, any nut butter, bananas, eggs, beans, rice, frozen peas, whole chickens or discounted meats, bread when its on sale.