How well can you swim Veeky Forums?

How well can you swim Veeky Forums?

Didn't get swimming lessons when I was a kid, so I've been trying to practice alone at a nearby pool. Figured out how to do the breaststroke, back stroke, front crawl, doggy paddle. etc.

So I could swim from point A to B. Could save myself if someone thew me in the deep end. Through I still can't properly tread water in a stationary manner.

Other urls found in this thread:

ruthkazez.com/swimming/ZeroTo1mile.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm the fucking same. Went to my local pool everyday to teach myself how to swim and I reached the point where I could swim laps for hours.

Still don't know how to tread water in a stationary manner

I was a Lifeguard for two years and dealt with lots of little kids that didn't know how to swim. Teaching yourself to swim is all about feeling safe and time in the water. It is like time under a barbell. You have to get confortable at doing something in order to improve. Just keep it up and you will make it. try floating then tread and so on.

We had to tread water for 3 minutes without our arms and it was the hardest part of becoming a lifeguard.

>swim every day during the summers as a kid
>pools, lakes, rivers
>did swim team for a few years

I could probably tread for a few minutes nowadays before I get bored and move on. Decent swimmer tho I guess

OP's pic is precisely how you tread water jn one spot. Learned it in Water Polo in college. Both legs swirl in circles away from you and back in, like the interlocking fans of a duel beater, or think of the teeth of gears meshing together. Any lifeguard or Polo player can show you in no time.

>can't tread water in a stationary manner

You can just frog kick while pushing back with your hands. Never tried eggbeater legs.

I want to learn how to swim but to embarrassed to get lesson at uni. Want to switch out running for swimming since it looks way more fun and i heard there are more benefits.

Should I get some lessons by paying for them or just go to rec center and try to learn by myself.

Swimming was the one thing my lanklet body was good for. Entire family swam competive and we're all messed up. Multiple knee and shoulder surgeries.

You can probably figure it out on your own, but if you're self-conscious about taking a lesson, you might want to bite the bullet just so you're not inevitably self-conscious that you're somehow doing it wrong.

I can think of 2 other leg movements and 1 hand movement to float in one spot off the top of my head, people just need experience and to learn to control their breath and it becomes easy as fuck to float.

I started swimming the instant I was taken to a pool as a 4-year-old and I've been a fantastic swimmer ever since. Swam in high-school, too (best on the team for backstroke). I can swim any style any distance.

Don't be nervous and take a class. I can only give you positive words of encouragement on it. You'll thank yourself when you are thrown into a lake and can swim to shore.

Also, chances are, girls won't be making fun of you for not swimming (when you go to attend class to learn), they'll LOVE how cute you are needing them to help you with your shirt off and stuff.

I'm a decent swimmer, I grew up around lakes and had friends with swimming pools so it kind of came natural to me. I was signed up for swimming lessons as a kid but wasn't taught much, I had to teach myself different strokes and how to tread water.

I love swimming, I wish I would have done it competitively in school.

shits mandatory in australian school

ruthkazez.com/swimming/ZeroTo1mile.html

This is a good program for anybody recently starting. You do need to be able to swim for 4-600 yards continuously beforehand though.

I want to learn the other styles, but I get ankle pain from kicking and have to use a pool buoy and that only helps with freestyle.

Senior boy runner up champion 2008, did swimming training 3 days a week in my teens, haven't been in a pool in years.

I can swim alright. But then, I'm aussie, at my high school you spent every Thursday afternoon at swimming lessons until you could swim to an acceptable level.

The trick to treading Is a deep breath. Keeps you me boyant.

Swimming instructor reporting in

Get lessons, your biggest challenge of learning to swim will be controlling your breathing. Have a crack and you'll slowly improve

Is it possible to forget how to swim? Dint think I've swim in over 10 years and back then I was pretty average at it.

I shot out da momma pu$$y able 2 swim

Y'all breef bad?

>tfw can swim, but can't float/tread water

Such is life as a dense fucker with high bone density :/