How do I quit soda, bros?

How do I quit soda, bros?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T8G8tLsl_A4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Replace with Diet Soda
This will give you the runs and taste like shit
You'll eventually drink water

honestly sugar is one of the most addictive substances on the planet even more addicting than cocaine. how do you quit something you have a dependency on? realistically you can't quit it, treat it like a drug addiction and slowly taper off, find alternatives like coffee and tea, if you sweeten them try and use very little sugar, eventually you will be ok with 1 or 2 spoons of sugar in a big cup of coffee or even none. Better than the 30 spoons of sugar in every bottle of soda
educating yourself on sugar might also help you with your goals if you have a brain
youtube.com/watch?v=T8G8tLsl_A4
also don't listen to this guy, you ever seen a skinny person drink diet coke?
there is a reason for that, artificial sweeteners will actually make you gain more weight than regular because of the response in the body to the level of sweetness. Stick to the real sugar since you are addicted to it, just taper off and reduce intake over time while being more active

Sparkling water worked for me.

>artificial sweeteners will actually make you gain more weight than regular because of the response in the body to the level of sweetness.
Got a source for that, dipshit?

Go through your house, gather up all the bottles of soda, go to a sink. POUR THEM ALL DOWN THE DRAIN.

Now, you NEVER buy more, EVER AGAIN.

DRINK WATER, NIGGER, AND LEARN TO LIKE IT.

>b-b-but can't I drink sugarfree soda?
NO, NIGGER, YOU CAN'T. You do that, you're doing NOTHING to change your shitty habit of liking sugary drinks. Also artificial sweeteners are POISONOUS.

>b-b-but I don't like water!
TOUGH SHIT, FAGGOT. THIS IS YOUR LIFE NOW.
If you can't have the simple token discipline to stop drinking sugary crap and drink god-tier based WATER, then YOU WILL NEVER MAKE IT, EVER and should just kill yourself now.

>why are you being so mean to me!? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
BECAUSE YOU ARE A FAT FAGGOT AND NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO YOURSELF. OTHERWISE YOU WILL ***NEVER CHANGE***
You want to be coddled? Go to goddamned /r9k/ or r e d d i t or some other shit place; THIS IS Veeky Forums, NIGGER, you either COME CORRECT or GTFO.

Now: GO GET BUSY. You have sodas to pour out and THE STICKY to go read. GET ON IT.

/thread
/thread
/thread
/thread
/thread

In all honesty just stop and drink only water. Do not buy any or order it when you go out to eat. In like 2 weeks, the cravings won't happen anymore.

I allow myself a San Pelligrino or a diet Arizona Green Tea at meal time. Other than that I drink out of the same insulated steel tumbler, which I only put water and ice in; this helps with staying consistent.

insult me and expect me to do homework for you? good luck and learn how to search the internet

1. switch to carbonated water
2. switch to normal water because it's better for your teeth

Even if he cited a source, this hasn't been proven yet (or what he's attempting to articulate, anyway). There are studies that go both ways

There is not a single medical journal that proves artificial sweeteners negatively impact your health.

Ice cold fizzy water with a slice of lemon. Tastes delicious in hot weather just like soda. but has something like half a gram of sugar (from the lemon slice) compared to dozens of grams that a small soda can has.

There doesn't need to be any 'medical journal' proving that fatasses need to STAY AWAY from sugary drinks regardless of how they're sweetened, your point is invalid.

Do this then it's easy to stop drinking soda

It's not sugary if it has 0g of sugar and uses a zero calorie artificial sweetener. If they have poor discipline, an artificially sweetened drink is a healthier alternative to a drink sweetened with sugar.

Thanks dog

Artificial sweeteners are a chemical that are not able to be absorbed by the body so they pass right through as waste and that is why they have almost no calories. They are sweet because they bind with the sweet receptors on your tongue so I don't see how you can put on weight knowing how they work. From what I've heard they can make you want to eat more sweet stuff but that is when your self control comes in and you have to choose of you want to be a fat fuck or not.

baby's first internet, did your feefees get hurt? fuck off to >>>reddit faggot, no one cares

Water is literally God-tier

Literally just willpower. Addiction is a good pussy filter. If you can overcome it, you've proven your strength. If you can't, get fucked pussy.

Whatever you have in the house currently, pour out asap. Whenever you get the urge to drink it, become fully manual for a while, as in don't just get up and walk automatically to the fridge or drive to the store and get some. Become fully conscious of what you're doing kg what you're planning on doing and convince yourself to snap out of it. It's ALL mental and you'll get better at it the more you'll do it. You can replace soda with something else, but it won't help. Just force yourself not to do it. That's how everyone else has to do it, that's how you have to do it. If you can't, just accept that you'll never improve.

Keep making excuses you fucking loser. It's about the habit and breaking from the dependency on sweeties, not about the face level biological process of consuming artificial sweetener.

>Only hothead in the thread

You new to Veeky Forums hombre?

you clearly didnt read the other replies

Stop enjoying drinking. You need water, it's not a toy to have fun with.

make tea
add one teaspoon of honey
drink instead of soda
after a while leave out the honey.
ta da you just replaced a bad habit with a better one.

Cold turkey. That's what I did. Have some discipline to accomplish this, because its the easiest part of the journey

don't drink water.
i started drinking water and now my doctor tells me i will die some day.

>sugar is one of the most addictive substances on the planet even more addicting than cocaine

What utter, utter nonsense.

lol I just went cold turkey

Haven't had soda in 3 years

Sparkling water is absolute filth.

You've got a lot to learn.

This is honestly true
I used to be totally addicted to coka-cola. probably 2 cans a day at least. going through 2 16 packs a week without the extras I bought with my fish n chips. Probably averaging about 30 cans a week no joke. Then I started browsing fit and the soda meme got into my head, every time I drank a coke I could imagine the disappointed looks of Veeky Forums people watching me.
Now I can't even drink coke at all. so uuh th-thanks I guess

Completely spastic.

Look at this amount of sugar.
Look at it.
That's the shit you're putting in your body.

Gin and tonic.

1. dump all the soda you currently have down the drain
2. don't buy any more soda

if you won't at least do #1 RIGHT NOW you will never make it

This worked for me. Now whenever I think about getting a beverage with calories, I remember drinking calories fucking sucks compared to eating them.

This is a fatlogic meme. Things that have no calories can't make you gain weight.

To be fair, items can be marked as zero calorie in the US if they contain 5 calories or less per serving.

I don't know the actual calorie count, but a 0 on the package doesn't literally mean zero.

>1 can

That's actually not that bad looking. I think I'm content with that.

SIP

are you addicted to sugar?

Eat a nice juicy green apple to calm that sweet tooth.

Switch to drinking tea with honey or sugar and gradually reduce the amount of sweetener you add to zero.

well the way I did it was to have it 2-3 times a day for a few years and eventually get sick of it, and really if I hadn't been drinking cheap stuff and/or hadn't been drinking out of 2 liter bottles so it was always flat by the time it was 2/3 gone, I might have not gotten tired of it, although I would've pretty definitively switched eventually
what you can try is switching it out for something else that's sweet but less sugary, and then repeat until you're down to something acceptable

i quit that shit cold turkey

it's really not about that for most people, they want to be healthy more than they want to break their habits
if you want to fix their habits more than you want to help them to be healthy then they have no reason to listen to you
t. former fatass

Diet soda, ignore all the retards telling you it's just as bad, it has no calories and no sugar.

That doesn't look like 35g of sugar per can

>they can't just drink water

This society is doomed.

HARD WORK AND GUTS

First step with addiction is honesty. You drink it beacuse you like it. You like how it makes you feel. Chem addiction is easy to beat but people only get addicted when they lack a support network

Fags are probably gonna hate this, but the diet Lipton teas are amazing. They don't even taste like diet drinks. I hate every other diet drink myself.

0-5 calories a bottle, but I'm sure there's gonna be some meme about how bad they are.

>ywn own a transferable full auto mp40

WHY EVEN FUCKING LIVE

Pedialyte Oral Electrolyte Solution Unflavored

Balanced amount of sugar, sodium, potassium, and zinc.

Green tea, Asian tea in general, especially Japanese.

Diet drinks or sparkling water for a healthy option (of course check the label to make sure it only contains minimal ingredients).

Soda drinkers are one of the worst
>muh obesity despite not eating much
>muh hormones
>muh medical problems must be to blame
>muh excuses to keep drinking that shit

Used to know someone who would drink 4L of soda AT LEAST per day. Would complain he doesn't loses weight although he barely eats and would go to the doctor for hormone treatment. Fucking weaklings

>replace sugar drink with sugar drink.

t...thanks user

Had been drinking diet coke all day long for several years. Switched to sparkling water shortly after taking the red pill.

Easier than I expected.

HONESTY.

Each time you want to drink or eat shit, think to all the shame and the sufference that you feel.

Pretty much worked for me.

Stop being a bitch and drink water

Drink less and less every day. Don't just quit because you'll go back.

i gave up sugar for lent and it was pretty easy desu. I kept it up for a while after and I was fine.

just eat fruit you retarded faggot

its the only answer thats actually helpful

soda is fucking nasty, how much of that shit do you shove down your gullet to make you want to drink it? Just fucking kill yourself if you struggle to stop drinking carbonated water sugar

I drink soda like 3 or 4 times a month

Soda is for the children.

soda was the only vice ive been able to quit in my life. maybe i was just lucky to enjoy sparkling water

If you make a claim you have to back it up with a source or you're a shit posting jack ass who doesn't know shit

Not him but soda is for kids. The kids of shitty parents.

Everything is a toy to have fun with.

The world and everything in it exists for my pleasure.

Including you.

I work two full time jobs and low carb monsters are my go to , feels like shit, but I'm always drinking tons of water