You guys were joking about the "1g of protein per lb. of body weight" thing, r-right?...

You guys were joking about the "1g of protein per lb. of body weight" thing, r-right?? People act like that's achievable from diet alone (no supplements / whey) but it seems impossible. Even when I eat a shitload of protein dense foods I can barely get over 100g, and I weigh about 160 lbs.

Please tell me this is a fucking meme...

Other urls found in this thread:

precisionnutrition.com/all-about-protein
examine.com/nutrition/should-one-gram-per-pound-be-the-new-rda-for-bodybuilders/
bbc.co.uk/guides/z8899j6
bodyrecomposition.com/
powerliftingtowin.com/powerlifting-nutrition/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It is a meme.

Spoiler alert: People from reddit give better fitness advice than Veeky Forumsfags do for the most part

it's a meme

>1g of protein per lb. of body weight

per pound of LEAN MASS WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS SO MUCH??

>289 grams of protein
>1650 calories

Feela fucking good man

You don't need 1g per pound, but it's not difficult to achieve even if it was necessary.

It's 1g of proton per kg lean body mass

160 is pretty easy

It gets hard when you get over 200lbs.

I weigh 220 and take in about 50g of my protein from whey. So you really shouldn't have trouble hitting 160 just from food

This.

Is everyone in this thread trolling or what? It depends on how many calories you're eating but if you eat anywhere near 2500 calories, 200 grams of protein is easily achievable. Ever heard of meat? Chicken breast perhaps?

Its 1kg of protein per 100 grams of lean bone mass. How many times do I have to say this!

Actual ressearch says that 0.6-0.7 g per lb of bodyweight is enough. Above that you're wasting money.

>How much protein do you need?
>How much protein you need depends on a few factors, but one of the most important is your activity level.The basic recommendation for protein intake is 0.8 grams per kilogram (or around 0.36 g per pound) of body mass in untrained, generally healthy adults. For instance, a 150 lb (68 kg) person would consume around 54 grams a day.
>However, this amount is only to prevent protein deficiency. It’s not necessarily optimal, particularly for people such as athletes who train regularly and hard.For people doing high intensity training, protein needs might go up to about 1.4-2.0 g/kg (or around 0.64-0.9 g/lb) of body mass.2 Our hypothetical 150 lb (68 kg) person would thus need about 95-135 g of protein per day.
These suggested protein intakes are what’s necessary for basic protein synthesis (in other words, the creation of new proteins from individual building blocks). The most we need to consume throughout the day for protein synthesis probably isn’t more than 1.4 – 2.0 g/kg.

precisionnutrition.com/all-about-protein

>precisionnutrition.com

sounds scientific

Does anybody have that graph of protein consumption for different athletes? Strength athletes were eating far more than their peers as it gave better performance.

Also, how the fuck are you struggling with protein counts? Add a scoop to your day since it's cheap as fuck if you're struggling or drink milk. 140g of chicken breast has 40g protein according to Google. If you eat a chicken breast for lunch and dinner with a glass of milk and oatmeal with a scoop and a glass of milk for breakfast that's 150g of protein right there. Eat beans as a side to get more.

Protein cannot be that important

>1g of protein per lb. of body weight

Way too much.

How do I calculate lean bone mass?

Is too much protein a thing?

Yes, and you can fuck up your liver, kidneys, and give yourself kidney stones.

There's a study that gets thrown around about 0.82 g/lb of body weight being optimal for trained people, and 0.6 g/lb of body weight not being that much worse. So it's not like you'll see a huge difference if you eat 0.6 g/lb of body weight, but 1 g/lb of body weight is overkill.

It's also not impossible, but it would fucking suck especially when you're trying to eat at a caloric deficit.

Alternatively 2 grams of protein per kilogram of lbm for our European friends

itt: natty cucks

I eat 2g per lb

Eat chicken breast or eggs every meal. Chicken is very dense in protein

0.8 g/lb

When does it become too much? Is lean bone mass also really a thing?

1g per lb of lean body mass ON A CUT
if you're maintaining or bulking you need even less

>when I eat a shitload of protein dense foods I can barely get over 100g
You're doing something wrong. I'm a vegan and I easily get 120g without supplements.

The sticky says 1g/lb on a bulk and 1.5g/lb on a cut.

You need half a g of protein for every lb

Use Whey. It's food. Don't let fggts tell you otherwise.

I put my money/gains on (soon to be) PhD Eric Helms

It's per kg you spermlord

Like how is this hard? 1lb of chicken breast is 100g of protein

Its a completely arbitrary number that is not backed up by any (((actual))) science

>can't tell if sarcasm

Broscience is an actual science.

Stop buying flavored garbage and buy isolate unflavored.

>lean bone mass
Jesus fucking Christ that was a hearty chuckle

Sorry to break it to you guys but it isn't a meme

examine.com/nutrition/should-one-gram-per-pound-be-the-new-rda-for-bodybuilders/

You mean that place that got a YouTube channel banned because they would derail entire threads circle jerking over his quips?

>hes still not using a particle accelerator to get all his protons
never gonna make it

9% of your calories at maintenance:

bbc.co.uk/guides/z8899j6

It's a meme. Even for muscle gain about 0.5g / lb of bodyweight is plenty.

have you ever eaten a fucking pound of chicken

Not that hard at all, and i dont even use supplements, im also 170 lbs.

You will get a lot of different numbers, but just eat as much as you can.
yes

inb4 liver cancer.

if you have two healthy kidneys you can go for 1.5-1.6g per pound of bw. barely anyone goes that high so i wouldnt worry about it.

It's really not that hard if you know what you're doing user. It's 1g of protein per LEAN lb of body mass. So just eat a bunch of chicken breasts, fish, & eggs. High protein foods that are low in calories.

No
No
When maintenance or bulking sure
2.2=/=2 you stupid fuck
This is only if you're doing bodyweight and light training and it's to maintain mass. And it's actually 0.76g/lb
Kidney stones? Really? Maybe if you only drink Gatorade and no water.
You need at least 1g/lb on a cut. Psmf puts you at like 1.1 with its calculator.

All you fucking niggers complaining about how you can eat that much or muh info is more correct. You're all fucking small and will stay small.
For instance I'm on a -1000 cal/day cut (but m-muh muscle loss - wrong again bucko, strength and sets are staying exactly the same for weeks now) and I eat AT LEAST 240g protein a day, usually around 270. 80g carbs or less. Only 2-3 scoops of isolate/casein after lifting.

>lean bone mass

Listen to the Brofessor here! He studied at Broscience Academy for years!!

I've read any noteworthy study from the last 30 years. These are average people. Not average gym-goers. Average. People.

Ask anyone who lifts for a career what they think. Read forums from people with real experience and results.

Or stay a skinnyfat sperglord forever.

1 gram per lb lbm is the upper limit of protein intake sufficient for training. Realistic anywhere between .55 and 1 gram is enough for the purposes of training. That is about 1.2 2.2 grams per kg lbm

1 gram per lb is only used because it's a very easy way to remember. 0.9 is a better measure

Also
1lb != 2.2kg
1lb = 2.202kg

its kilogram of protein per pound of body weight u tardo

THIS

>lean bone mass

whut

You're fat. You have no room to talk

Boogie would have to eat a cow to get his macros in

Maybe if you've been training less than 3 years, are natty, and/or are fat. You can't put on mass and stay around 8-10% when you're a sniveling little shit eating 175g of protein a day.
Will be 8% 215 in 3 weeks there sport

Boogie has no muscle and has years of stored fat to use as energy, so no.

He can eat a multivitamin and drink a gallon of water a day and get all of his macros.

He litterally only needs JUST enough vitamins to prevent his body from eating his internal organs...and let's face it. Dude is not healthy. That will do serious damage to an already ruined system.

So you fraud? Sorry for your inadequacies buddy

It actually blows my mind that people AREN'T getting 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. How many fucking calories are you eating, dude? If you're 160lbs you should be eating at least 3000 a day. How the fuck are you going to get to 3000 calories a day without hitting that? I usually get around 3500 a day with almost 200 grams of protein. No supplements.

Cite one publication advocating anywhere near 1g/lb.

>If you're 160lbs you should be eating at least 3000 a day. How the fuck are you going to get to 3000 calories a day without hitting that? I usually get around 3500 a day with almost 200 grams of protein. No supplements.

not everyone is 6'8" bro

serving of kirkland greek yogurt for breakfast, one for after dinner = 46 g protein

add in some oatmeal and chia seeds with this and you're probably hitting an easy 50 g protein by the end of the day

the remaining grams of protein could be filled out decently with lean meats for lunch and dinner (a salad w/ sardines helps w/ protein too)

realistically you could easily hit 100 g with this if you integrate enough lean meat

I never said that. But I like your pathetic views on seeking to better yourself. Nice sheep mentality.

It's not a meme

bodyrecomposition.com/
powerliftingtowin.com/powerlifting-nutrition/

>bodyrecomposition
>powerliftingtowin

So you get 1008 cals of protein and 320 cals of carbs in a -1000 cals cut diet? Impressive!!!