Hurt my lower back during a deadlift today. How long should I wati for it to go away / go to the doctor...

Hurt my lower back during a deadlift today. How long should I wati for it to go away / go to the doctor? Hurts like a motherfucker but it's still not as bad

You may have a fracture, but most times its just a pinched sciatica. I would go to the doctor if youre in serious pain for more than 1 or 2 days.
When i first started lifting around 3 years ago, i gave myself a compression fracture because i was ego lifting.

I hope it wasnt too bad. I could barely get up from bed the first couple days, much less walk. Every now and again, i get this nagging numb/pain in my lower back when im sitting or driving too long.

If i have a piece of advice for you, it would be to seriously do mobility exercises, and stretch alot, specifically for rehabbing.

It doesn't hurt like a fracture. It hurts when I sit wrong or have to bow down. I was only lifting 100kg but I'm till a beginner

you pinched a nerve or some shit

i had this too and the doctor made an x ray and everything was fine i just put way too much stress on my lower back

You mean before excercising?

inb4 that one guy who claims you can't hurt yourself doing deadlifts

Just quit deadlifting

Replace it with Romanians and keep moving forward

it's impossible to hurt urself doing dedlifts u retard

Wait til u go to sleep and wake up.

we got another one boys

this

if it doesnt get better after everytime you sleep then go to the doctor

>You may have a fracture, but most times its just a pinched sciatica

No, like 90% of the time it's a muscle strain in your spinal erectors. 5% of the time it's a herniated/bulging disc, 4% it's damage to supporting ligaments and other structures, and maybe 1% or less is a fracture.

Where is the pain? Does it feel like pain directly in your spine? On either side of your spine? If you press on your paraspinal muscles, you can you find a point of tenderness? Do you have numbness, parasthesia, or shooting pain down your leg?

Like I said, it's most likely a muscle strain that will heal and be fine within a couple weeks. Lay off of deads and squats for a bit, take some ibuprofen, and keep walking around and doing non-strenous activity. If it doesn't improve, or you start to get neurological symptoms, go see a doctor.

Finally, fix your fucking deadlift form, you fucking faggot. I deadlift 585 and squat 455, and I've literally never hurt my back, and or even came close to it. Do more core work too.

Within 24 hours- ice it and take advil.
After the initial 24 hours- heat to relax and take advil
Also, it will hurt like hell when you wake. You need to work through the pain and get on your feet. Go on a long ass walk on the beach on advil and with a heating pad. With back pains, the more you keep up and walk it off, the better and faster it goes away.

Yes it will feel better to whale around in bed, but you'll just freeze up and it'll take a week or so to recover.

Also, no HEAVY deadlifts or back straining until a week or two has pass.

In the meantime, correct your form with researching youtube and taking videos of yourself practicing with just a bar

Fucking go to a doctor. No one on this board can actually accurately assess your situation. Whatever bullshit the other people spew, you need to go to the doctor as soon as possible. back injuries are no fucking joke.

Actual doctor here, not every back strain needs to be seen by a doctor.

the potential consequences of op following shit advice are so severe that it's better if he just got some actual help.

Shit advice romanians are even worse for your lower back retard

I did some deadlifts the other day and really hurt my back, I was pretty worried because the pain didn't go away after 3 days. I just did more deadlifts yesterday back is now totally fine

if it's not a full muscle tear or a bone fractured to pieces, all a doc will do is say "oh wow we should get you schedule for back surgery in three weeks".

Back injuries often resolve by just rest+NSAID+walking. If not, they usually require surgery or rehab but arn't urgent risk of further injury.

The thing is that op doesn't actually know exactly what it is. The real need is for an accurate diagnosis.

The doctor won't fucking know unless they use their limited MRI time for an ambulatory back injury case.
This is what a sports med doc will say
>Your back hurts? Looks like there is no sign of a neurological problem
>We could take x-rays but it wouldn't show anything
>Take it easy. Rest. Have your gf lift heavy stuff. Do some easy walks.
>I'll get you a script for RX Advil. If the pain is too bad, come back and I'll get you prednisone to fuck up your hormones and a mild opiate to get you hooked on the harder stuff
>anyway, if it still hurts in three weeks we'll do an MRI that'll cost $500 for just the co-pay.

OP should stop lifting and just rest and do light walking and if things get worse over the next week go to a dr.