Villain Choke

How strong would someone have to be to choke someone out with one arm at a 45 degree (or greater) angle?

Like 7... maybe

try front raising a 170+lb dumbell. thats how strong

/thread

Is there a way to cheat this choke, by shifting the arm somehow to change which muscle groups you're using, or maybe against a wall?

How strong would someone have to be to choke a girl like that and finger her at the same time?

The fingering has to last longer than 10 minutes.

I was just thinking about this, but more in like a choke-slam way. Has anyone ever seen a legit video of a chokeslam (WWF, worldstar, or other) where there was no assistance via a hand on the back or grabbing the waistline for the initial lift into the air? (unlike pic)

Single-arm push pressing the weight of an average person for at least one rep.

I imagine that if you get into their business and then push press them up (using your legs to help) by pushing up against their jaw, it's probably doable.

yes you assist your muscles with the Force

Against a wall, you can get your back and legs in on it by pushing forward a bit. Tiring as fuck though.

its nearly impossible

I saw this happen IRL in elementary school, though it was a big kid lifting a smaller kid. They were the same age but big size difference.

You seem to forget about the other guy's leg impulsion

Using a wall would work. Here's a shitty free-body physics diagram from google but the science is still the same (except the picture omits friction)

Basically the force on the person by both you and the wall (i.e. you sandwiching them), in addition to the friction generated between them and the wall, will make it easier to hold them up. This is due to the fact that you're not actually holding their full body weight if you're pressing them against something, as the wall and friction both generate forces counter to the "lift" you are providing them.

In laymans terms: To lift them up, you need a big force going against gravity up and to the right. Having a little force preventing them from going down (friction) and a little force pushing to the left (against you) lessens the amount of energy you need to put up and to the right, and it makes for an easier chokehold

Yeah they always jump up with it, remember they're essentially carnival actors; half of a wrestling match is one of the guys selling the move. I mean, worldstar has to have a video of someone getting PROPERLY chokeslammed, right? Right?

>tfw you can find kim kardashian getting fucked and children getting beheaded on the internet but not a legit chokeslam video

Why do you care so much?
Is this your fetish or something?

No, I want my inner imagination to be satisfied with a real-world example of something I've only ever seen done by actors

My actual fetish is kim kardashian getting beheaded by children

Can we calculate this?
Any math fags here?
How much force would it take to lift a 130lb person?

Did it to my little bro and smaller friends as a teen, use both hands and your whole body to get them up and lock out your shoulder and elbow and remove off hand, done

I guess enough strength to curl a body?

So for a girl, if you can curl ~140 lbs then you should be able to curl like 90% of girls.

Can you do a one armed 200 pound front raise?

I've gotchu senpai

I mean you're raising someone up with one arm, and then you have to fight gravity with your arm for however long it takes to choke them out, plus applying force with your fingers (probably around 15 PSI on the vein/artery to be safe), and on top of that they'll be kicking around like a motherfucker making it a harder overhead hold. It could be the best arm workout ever.

Threads like these show just how preteen Veeky Forums is.

great post and congrats on the 420 themed palindrome

Damn, I didn't even notice that

Are there any online communities that aren't?
Genuinely asking because if I see another "will I ever be Chad?" thread I'm going to start backtracing ips and you know what the consequences will never be again

Our friends over at /wsr/ have an answer for us
(In terms of an 130 lb individual)
>Well I don't know shit about how to estimate the amount of friction. If there was none at all, pushing them up against a wall at a 45 degree angle would require force equal to ~1.41x their weight, so 184 pounds of force.

Not front raise, dumbbell press.

dumbbell press is above the shoulder joint idiot
Don't forget the ridiculous grip this needs

That's not a palindrome faggot

In stage combat it's not that hard.

Basically it's like those ye olde one arm-bent-over-press things.

Plus the person being lifted helps by being as close as possible, bending at the knees when the "choke" is applied (looks like they're being "pushed/overwhelmed" but really they're preparing for the next part), then basically the Choker Oly lifts while the Chokee "bounces" up on their feet.
Notice how they almost always grab tthe Chokers arm or shoulder? Just like acrobats, thay'e actuaully supporting themselves as well on the Chokers Gross muscles and skeletal structure.

Quite simple, try it at home.

It's definitely possible to hold a light person above your head with one hand. Grip strength seems like the limiting factor. The action is somewhere between a vertical press and a front raise since the weight of the person isn't directly over your body; the villain's arm seems to be somewhere between 45 and 80 degrees above the horizontal usually. Higher angle is going to be easier.

I saw a stage show once which had a guy dragging a girl along the floor by her hair - she grabbed his wrist real hard like you said. Looked great.

>Looked great.
ikr
When that audience gasps, it's a great feel and you know you've done a good job.

My favuorite is getting "pushed" backwards, "falling" over, "smashing" the back of your head, then writhing and grimacing in "pain".
>tfw had a lady after the show ask if I ACTUALLY has whacked my head.
>feelsgoodman.

Don't lock your arm out form the get go
Get "under" them, and one-arm press them up, using legs and locking arm up as go up, basically OHP with one hand.
Still requires a good amount of strength, and you'll only pull it off with someone smaller/lighter than you.
I did a few times to break up a fight when I was a bartender. Very effective, in the sense that it scares the shit out of everyone around, so you can deflate a fight without actually hurting someone.
Being realistic, it's not a good fight move, because it makes you really vulnerable, but on the psychological level, it works wonders.

You mean The Forceā„¢

Sometimes you just gotta choke a bitch though

>All those villians are mentally retarded.

I miss old Kane

That answer is correct, but it makes it seems like you'd have to expend more effort to hold someone against a wall than if you just held them up in the air, which is obviously not the case, so it is important to consider where that force comes from. When you hold someone against a wall, you use your legs and core to do most of the pushing, instead of your shoulders, which are weaker, so ultimately it is easier.

To elaborate on , when you want to assess how "hard" it would be to hold someone against a wall, you need to think about it in terms of torque on the shoulders and the elbows, and not in terms of the force going through the arm. When there is no wall, there is quite a bit of torque on your shoulders and elbows, and you can't just lock out your elbow, as putting all that load on the joint would be dangerous and painful. In the second case, the force if parallel to your arm, so there is no torque on your elbows or your shoulders.