/fat/

one day you may edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
for /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

previous /fat/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a5dNGhJdKGY
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
youtube.com/watch?v=WMdSHNnRbEs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>1100 calories below TDEE

WHATEVER IT TAKES within a reasonable amount.

>tfw you look in the mirror

i can never make it because i have stretch marks

it's only 1:18am
plenty of time m8

>averagecalories per day this week: 1700
>average g protein per day: 110
also got a pr tonight. yeh buddy.

well, it's not over, user.
check out this infographic I made about fading (and preventing further) stretchmarks.
Literally all it takes is a couple of supplements a day to have with a glass of water, and to rub an oil/cream on your target areas once or twice a day.

They tighten and fade a lot if you build muscle, nothing to worry about.

Will creatine slow my fat loss? I'm a skinnyfat asshole trying to cut

put it down fucko

oh boy, an image on the internet telling me to buy stuff with zero citations to studies or research
medical professionals tell you that newly grown skin cannot be removed without surgical intervention, but THEY haven't read this infographic!
take my money!

Confess fellow fat goy

Do I need a spotter if I'm just squatting / benching the bar? I'd be a little embarrassed to ask.

>I have never seen a vagina
>one day you may
hmmm dont think so user. Plus you are suppose to put the edition in the title not the first line.

>QTDDTOT

>end of day
>1119kcal
>MFP: NOT EATING ENOUGH YOU ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>eat a cracker
>1214
>MFP: All is well. You're doing good!

schizophrenic asshole

if you need a spot, you need a spot. but if its just the bar, you could just roll it off to one side or down your body

when can I go back to eating like a pig already

right now

Does a protein shake count as a snack? It has calories like chips so I don't see why not

but I'm nearly at my goal
would be a shame to waste it

I thought that this 'lifestyle change' was supposed to be a commitment that I'd eventually adopt as normal. But nothing has changed. I'm still just waiting for the next opportunity to stuff my gullet with shitty foods.

Never gonna make it...

If you begin stuffing your face after you have made it, you are wasting it just at much as stuffing your face before making it. Either way, you never made it.

If it isn't a meal, count it as a snack. If the calories are high enough to be a meal, maybe you should make it one. Snacks shouldn't be very heavy, generally.

I don't mean every day
I'm not going to get fat again

Oh, that's not what you made it sound like at all.

If you are just talking about a cheat meal , you can have those once a week (or more, I guess?) if you budget your calories properly. If that's what is important to you, make it work.

I was under the impression that my desire to gorge on junk would go away eventually as I got more into nutrition and fitness, but it's still as strong as ever.
I guess I just got better at ignoring it.

Man, I started losing weight after a bad break-up. I really just used the bad feelings to propel myself through the first half to my goal. I really just feel bad though. Feels like i'm doing it to spite her and not for myself. Hopefully I can make it, guys. I can't even talk to random bitches because none of them are as good as she was. I know it will get better but i'm in a dark ass place right now. Any other /fat/bros that can relate?

>lifting for 3d
>not lifting for your waifu

Seriously though using a break up is useful but you can fall off the wagon if you dont make it all about making yourself better

I'm no longer fat, but I have no where to go.

forgot why I started

It sucks to hear, but it really does just take time. Invest some time into your hobbies and the things you truly enjoy and turn lifting into one of those things. Find a reason to look forward to the next lift whether it be setting a PR or simply being better than you were the day before.

never have cheat meals, you're rewarding your food addiction with food

>you're rewarding your food addiction with food
don't really have a choice
I've seen people who live on air and water, I don't want to be that

I feel sad that I could wear that shirt and be accurate :(

That's fair, but I'm not going to never eat certain foods again. I can't eat them all the time, but I'm not saying never. Any food I don't regularly allow myself is a cheat. I know that proper calorie counting can allow me to enjoy these things in moderation.

Make of that what you will, I guess.

You know 'cheating' isn't a good thing.
It has bad connotations, like a person cheating on their partner, or cheating on a test. It's generally looked down on.

If people called it a 'treat' then yes, i'd be with you. That's a damaging attitude to have. But I don't think anyone glorifies or condones people cheating on anything.

doesnt matter what you call it, imagine a heroin addict going "teehee, im gonna have a cheat/treat hit today, im so bad!"

Never.

I did actually write a bit on the opiate analogy but I didn't think it would come up this time
oh well

>"teehee, im gonna have a cheat/treat hit today, im so bad!"
>"teehee, im gonna have a cheat/treat cheesecake today, im so bad!"
I'd treat them with the same contempt desu

>tfw 2kg away from my goal weight and still a fat shit
>down 23kg 100->73
>maybe i just need some muscle mass

post a photo NOW

woops meant to say 100->77
Yeah give me a bit

Yeah, I'm worried I'll need to go much lower than the average weight for my height to get rid of the excess fat, even if I have much less of it than before.

MUH... M MUH CHEAT MEAL

I'd probably order that, and make a decent attempt at it, but throw up after the third slice

>tfw eating a 1000 kcal pizza and drinking a can of Monster Energy right now

I don't think I have enough fibers in my diet, I barely even shit anymore. What do you guys reccomend that's rich in fibers and won't fuck my progress up?

ISS OK

IS MUH CHEAT MEAL
MU CHEAT DAY!

I EARND THIS

>fatties are gluttons
message received
no need to post the other 50 pics you have saved

You could get benefiber if thats in your country, you jsut mx it with water and its 15g of fiber

doing the math and if I stay on point I could reach my goal by my birthday
here's hoping

forgive me father

I put psyillium husks in my oats in the morning and every shit is a one wiper, ensure that it's not from dehydration as well

>TFW so pasty any light blows out the photo, had to use natural light
I'm 176cm and 77kg, my goal weight is 75kg, down from 100kg mid december
My plan was to get down to 75, maybe like 72 and then bulk/cut a cycle

are your calves big at least

yeah i've got thunder thighs/fat calves.

fat hate keeps me going desu

L I F T
I
F
T

>"But Apple, I want to lose the weight first."
No, shhh. Listen. Come close and listen to your friend Apple. Walk into my arms and let me cradle your soft little head. Let me lean in real close and scream into your ear 'LIFT!'
>"But I won't make significant gainz while cutting."
Shhh shhh shhh, my lil dummy. My innocent little puddin' cup. C'mere... and let Apple show you how to lift the weights up and down in a repetitive motion. Even if you're not swole or thicc you'll get definition and look better.
>"But Apple..."
No no no, shhhh.

And this has been Autism with Apple. Have a lovely night, everyone. (Also 3 slots still available in the /fat/ weight loss competition and tournament)

6 months in.

Give me strength to resist all that fatty and amazing southern bbq tomorrow, /fat/.

I went to gym for a couple months but plateaued hard and caught a bad case of fuck around itis
Guess i'll hop back onto it.
Fitness goal wise i'm planning on joining the ADF reserves so want to hit the fitness requirements for that: 15 pushups, 45 situps, 7.5 shuttle run

Man I'm really glad my family is 900 miles away and I have no social life cause I never run into these problems

That was a petty dumb post. You didn't really give any useful information or explanation (nor did the OP ask for advice, I guess, but clearly that was your intent)

looking good user, stats?
strength comes from within senpai, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels

>fat calves
fatbois get easy gains, especially legs

now you're a twigboi

desu i'm more interested in becoming a skinny twink
youtube.com/watch?v=a5dNGhJdKGY
this guy has my dream bod

Start today or, if its an ungodly hour, start first thing in the morning.
My advice is to lift. You'll lose weight faster, you'll still put on some lean muscle mass during your cut and you'll still see gainz on a starting program. I've lifted for the duration of my cut and my arms, shoulders and chest look pretty great. Granted I have loose skin on my midsection but that last little bit will go as I continue. You don't want to go from fat to skinny fat and then have the new endeavor of trying to put on lean muscle mass because
A) You can only, MAYBE gain 2-3 lbs of lean muscle mass a month
B) That in mind, people that just cut an obscene amount of weight can get discouraged with the slow progress
C) You'll fill in some of that loose skin that some of us will undoubtedly deal with as you go and feel good about yourself as you're doing it.

I remember when I first started getting definition. A vein in my hand that went from the pointer, past the thumb and up my forearm started popping more. That one little vein filled me with such pride that it actually helped me continue and not catch the fuck-around-itis. Its just a genuinely good feel.

dont disappoint them

That's actually useful info. Much better.

I have my moments.

What are some ways to measure fat %?

Just looking for tips you guys may have cause I know my body weight but I'd like to get a better idea of how fucking terribly i store my fat.

300lbs in Jan, 253lbs now but I'm also getting better at workouts and intermediate fasting so I expect the progress to pick up momentum.

>tfw 250 lbs and slowly going up at just 6'2''

I feel like a rock rolling down a greased hill. I am getting desperate and might try a fast. I feel like I can control myself if I can somehow get my body to stop being addicted to carbs and shit. I feel like a drug addict.

Skin fold calipers and the tool on scoobys site
combine it with this
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
and then cross reference with photo guides of body fat percentages will give you an alright estimate

>everyone lives in the US

Calipers or tape. I personally found tape to be a bit more reliable because calipers can be thrown askew by loose skin which is an unfortunate fact of life.
Maybe try meal prepping and adjusting to a set amount of food per day? I find that having structure helps me out, but when I started I used keto as the tool to provide that structure and just kept it at or around 1800 kcal a day. Same height, just 50-60 lbs heavier.

no part of the US is at 3:52 AM now

>veins having anything to do with muscle mass
I'm a disgusting 145lb skinnyfat with literally no muscle and my veins get huge just by drinking water. If I drink enough, dozens of turquoise blue veins show up across my chest and it freaks me out.

goo stuff man, don't rush it though you need to learn healthy habits that'll stay with you instead of crash dieting down and then gaining it all back.
Focus on 1lb at a time just keep hitting your deficit

I honestly think I can control what I eat if I "reset" my body to stop craving shit which means keto or fasting I guess

Why the fuck would you even give a shit about stretch marks once you have an otherwise good looking body?

That's unsettling but you missed my point - I got more defined forearms via veins and muscles which made me feel better about lifting in general. The moral of the story is 'lift weights and feel good.'
Do what you feel is best but you need to temper willpower first and foremost. Find whatever structure works for you but having a hard limit that you abide by may do more than you think. I didn't adopt IF or anything until way later, I just ate keto until I hit 1800 kcal and then boom. That was it for the day. Worked for me to at least cultivate that discipline. Remember that making it is like.. 80% diet, 15% willpower and 5% exercise.

No, creatine isn't caloric.

You don't need a spotter to squat at all. Just bench in a power cage.

I just assumed that the poster is from the US, because it would at least be understandable for him to assume that the other poster is from the US. But I've just realized that it's 04:55 here, so that poster is probably a yurofag, which makes him even more retarded.

Reminder to those obese not just overweight folks that you don't have the time to be lazy. Start eating healthy today. Once its habit, your stomach will shrink and your body will no longer accept fast food garbage. Ate clean af for a month, now its almost impossible to overeat since my tum is small and if i even try to eat fast food i instantly get sick and question life. Made it really easy to lose the weight. Hardest part is starting, stick with it and all goals will be yours.

Thanks for the uplifting words brother, it's going to be a difficult next few weeks for me.

How am I supposed to make gains lifting if I need to lose 50 lbs before I look human? How do I get swole on a 1k deficit?

>Wanting to revert back to shit way of eating.

Never gon' make it.

>been an up and down "lifestyle changer" since 2014
>been on a good stretch of normal person eating for nearly 3 months now
Swear to god fellas, losing the weight isn't hard. Keeping the weight off is. This is a pretty good stretch of a lifestyle change (can't call it a diet, can I?) for me, but I'm living in constant terror of slipping up, especially when I'm pretty much expecting it to happen and especially whn I'm getting massive urges to binge eat almost every day. When will my hormones stop burning a hole in my pleasure centres??

I just want to see the abs I know I've built over the past 3 years of lifting. Just once.

Don't worry about building muscle while you're trying to lose fat. You can do both under some limited circumstances, but it's really not worth it.

If you're just starting out training, you don't. Just learn the movement pathways, adapt your CNS to them, learn form, and reap the benefits later.

If you've been making linear progress for a while now and have just suddenly decided to lose weight, don't worry about it. You won't lose much strength, just work out at 80% of your normal working weights and maintain that volume for the duration.

This doesn't actually work. I unintentionally fasted during a trip for 24 hours once and then ate

youtube.com/watch?v=WMdSHNnRbEs

Skip to 7:40, listen to the discussion on energy homeostasis. You're unlikely to "reset" your metabolism, and you're absolutely fucking not going to reset it in a couple of days.

Hey apple. Can I get back into the competition. Name is Kunf. I missed a weigh in cause I had a bunch of family in town. Im at 213 now.

I also have ~50 lbs to lose

>already cut out sugar
>soda
>junk food
>everything except home cooked meats
>dying to bulk and make gains already

how do i, as a skellington, get myself addicted to food

i fucking hate eating it is a massive inconvenience and it only gets in the way of the things i enjoy

do i need to give myself a sugar dependency? i pretty much never eat sweets because they have no nutritional value and while i'm not the healthiest person in the world you still get some nutrition from fast food, etc. but candy, soda, etc. has no nutrition

How do you guys calculate your calories?
I'm doing meal prep and I have no idea what 171 grams of grilled chicken breast is.

Sure thing.

Name -
Height -
Starting Weight -
Current Weight -
Goal Weight -
Pounds to Lose (Max of 20) -
Losertown goal date for that 20 lbs or less -

Glad to see you again.

you need a food scale