Veeky Forums, I'm a police officer in the United Kingdom

Veeky Forums, I'm a police officer in the United Kingdom.

I just finished backshift, and I was in a bit of a tussle with a young lad. He nearly wrestled me off him. Had me thinking.

What kind of martial art is best for a police officer? Keeping in mind I can't go about punching folk in the face.

Perhaps something with a lot of ground work as 90% of our fights end up going to the floor.

pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O-KSvjb3a58
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jiu Jitsu or Judo

well if you're in the UK you should just surrender to the peaceful muslims because you're the real criminal here. if it's a white bloke you're after then you should call the sharia police to sort it out for you.

LE MUSLIM MEME

Is it practical though?

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is very reliable grappling/ground fighting.

really though what % of your arrests are "asians" or somalis?

Olympic Wrestling or Jiu Jitsu

>LE MUSLIM MEME

better report yourself to the police, you were just culturally insensitive on the internet.

>I'm a police officer in the United Kingdom.
I hope you get disembowled by precious quintessentials you fucking traitor. Your country is being swept up from underneath you and you willingly act as a muzzle to supress the native population and a buffer between them and your elites. Not even meming, I hope you die. Its fucking sickening whats becoming of your country.

>What kind of martial art is best for a police officer?
>Asking this question AFTER you go on duty as a police officer

What kind of retarded place is the UK? Do they just hand you a baguette and tell you to enforce discipline with it with no training?

You said you ended up on the ground so in theory yes a judo throw to concrete could ktfo someone

>LE MUSLIM MEME
I can't wait until one of them slits your throat for being haram, pig

Your entire country deserves to die

Muay thai

You should probably ask a cop what the best martial art is best for a cop.

America America oh say can you see

good ole fashion american wrastling is good for controlling someone on the ground. Probably not submit them

Judo is really good.
It's nice to learn some grappling for if you get taken to the ground. And boxing/kick boxing is great for learning to dodge, timing, and to take a punch even if you can't hit people.

But judo alone by a skilled practitioner will defeat 95% of casual fighters.

n-no-NOT ALL MUSLIMS YOU RACIST

Not him but Ausfag here, just because you do a bit of training in restraints at the academy doesn't mean you're going to near the same standard as someone who actually trains on the reg

This

Judo slams are fucking brutal

Actually don't. Fuck the pigs

90% of cops are college dropouts who bit the bullet and got a civil service job

>LE MUSLIM MEME

Its not a meme though is it. Ive lived near the bastards for years.

Cops are more respectable than a welfare queen in green. At least on paper.

oi fellow rozer. i'm a police officer in lithuania. nice to see someone with same interests

I was actually about to post a similar thread when I saw this.

Only been lifting a couple months, but judo does like a good supplement.

I haven't done martial arts before. How do I differentiate shit clubs that just want my cash from ones who actually know what they're teaching? On websites they just list a bunch of certs that I haven't heard of.

Learn Wrestling. Or Judo. Or Sambo. The entire emphasis in wrestling & sambo is controlling the other person's body. Add Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for extra on the ground.

Check to see if they are affiliated with a legit federation, if they compete in tournaments, if they are oriented around competitive training instead of more toward youth activities, make sure they offer full contact sparring and don't just do drills, make sure the head instructor and senior students aren't out of shape slobs, make sure they don't try to isolate you from the sport at large, be wary of places that pressure you into contracts or force you to buy gear only from them, make sure they specialize and don't claim to teach or hold high ranks in a suspicious number of styles, be suspicious of people who claim fancy titles or to have created rheir own unique art or recieved super secret training.

this

If Brazilian Jiu-jitsu has become the only martial art used for ground/grappling work in MMA, it's not bye chance

Exactly what you describe, no pucnhing, kicking. Pure grappling, and you learn everything you need to know about leverage, locks and "weak angle" to keep and guy twice your size still without being in a strength contest.

Maybe a stupid question, but aren't you guys trained as a part of your job? I would've thought so.

Look for a style that will teach you to stay OFF of the ground, something defensive rather than offensive.

Probably the best way to see if the school/ instructor is "real world" oriented: ask if the instructor can give(sell) you a private lesson where you will train in your kit.

This might not be the school for you if:
....school promises you a black belt in X years or less
....is proud of its Jr. black belt program
....looks like a daycare
....promotes itself as a tournament school
....competes in musical forms
....likes to showoff its point sparring trophies
....students cannot tie their belts correctly
....students and/or instructors have attitude
....instructors have something to prove
....instructors do not command respect from the students
....tests students simultaneously
....students walk across the training floor in their shoes
....instructors spend too much time hugging the young girls

>tfw 10% and no one likes me in the brotherhood

Prolly gonna get merced at home one day by a coworker.

like most others here have said, BJJ and judo. I will add that even though you can't just punch people in the face, a focus on evasive boxing skills seems logical. Look up slip bag drills and training, like this
youtube.com/watch?v=O-KSvjb3a58

Doesnt really matter when Ahmed has a blade and is stabbing the fuck out of you while you try to wrestle him. Maybe move to a less cucked nation if you want to be a cop.

>Just spent time since posting researching nearby schools
>Find 1 out of a dozen that doesn't look like absolute shit
>While looking into it find it's tied to and hosted in another place
>Front page is plastered with kids shit and touting a "homework" area and lcd tvs
>Page for the bjj section highlights how anybody can do it and how great it is to get toned

Fuck my life senpai. I know if it's more than 15 mins from my house I'll stop going pretty quick but all my options are dogshit. This is why I have a home gym.

And here I was thinking law enforcement actually understood the problem their country has. Turns out you're just as stupid as everybody else.

Who will apprehend criminals in the delusional world you have created in your mind?

BJJ is the most effective grappling art bar none, even if you didn't do any wrestling/judo you'd be so formidable grappling you could easily hold your own on the ground.

Find yourself a BJJ school which incorporates wrestling/judo principles, most BJJ schools also have an MMA syllabus so that is what is taught most places.

For striking Muay Thai or boxing, MT has the advantage of kicks, knees and elbows which even your average boxer has no idea how to defend against. Once again, MMA schools can teach you everything you'd need to know.

Stop talking shit you cunt, you know for a fact that muslims and their backwards desert culture is becoming a massive problem in the UK - don't stick your head in the sand.

the combination of boxing and wrestling is the most useful and widely accessible

>implying you'll have time between arresting shitposters and covering for Muslims pedos to train

Have you ever arrested some hot Lithuanian girls?

Would you let a suspect go if you were bribed enough money?

Do you or cops there take bribes?

I've lived in Kaunas and Vilnius for over a month and had little interaction with police there but they all looked like they didn't put up with much shit.

That's not how the song goes dumb ass

This. People are dying and if you downplay it you are just as responsible as the towel headed fucks who drove the trucks themselves. Man the fuck up you pussies.

>I was in a bit of a tussle with a young lad
you sound like an old man.

>I can't go about punching folk in the face.
confirmed american larper

Surely it would be jiu jitsu

Which criminals are we talking about? The ones that rape, assault with acid, run child sex rings and blow shit up or the much more sinister social media thought criminal or average non-politically correct native born citizen?

I'd be care with jiu jitsu, definitely not judo if you hurt your attacker you can get sued

Any form of grappling is great for an officer. Wrestling & Judo for takedowns, jiu jitsu to control them on the ground. Round your game out with some stand-up afterwards too

you crackers are about to get it real good now. bet that medicine tastes real good

Greetings white citizen! Best avoid the roads at night what with the Moslems pouring out of Oblivion airports in these troubled times.