My knees hurt. Elastic knee braces or bandages for heavy squats? Don't just tell me which, tell me why

My knees hurt. Elastic knee braces or bandages for heavy squats? Don't just tell me which, tell me why.

Do you know why it hurts? Better to solve the issue than to patch it in such a way that it will make your knees hurt more on the long run, plus making you dependent on a piece of equipment.

yeah, it hurts because of doing 5x5 at 80kg at age 30

I know someone's going to come along and say how that is not much whatsoever, but my technique is not wrong, I started with a trainer

I do realize btw how 80 is not heavy, I used to do 110ish 2 years ago before a shoulder injury

and I wouldn't like a knee injury as well

best piece of advice someone ever gave me when i said my knees were hurting was this - don't let your knees go past your toes and push your ass out as far as you can while keeping balance.

>tfw warm up with 100kg 5x5
>tfw 23

Love being young, tbqh.

wait what
both of these are baby weight

This board is beyond saving

I'm sorry m8 but when you're squatting 80kg you don't get to say that your technique is fine. Even if you have a trainer he might not know shit.
Upload a form check to PLG and they'll sort you out.

- dude is super weak and not very old
- dude is convinced that his problem is due to being too strong for his knees?

i'm same age and squat 5plaet np

>it hurts because of doing 5x5 at 80kg at age 30
Most likely not. Do you ever stretch/foam roll? The pain could very well due to trigger points in your quads/legs in general.
Also, I don't believe you about technique, post a video

>I used to do 110ish 2 years ago
No offense, but do you actually think that's a lot of weight?

stop being a baby? ever heard of no pain no gain?

>yeah, it hurts because of doing 5x5 at 80kg at age 30
>TFW I'm doing sets of 5 with 150-170kg at 31, while underslept because the kids are having nightmares, propably about me being as weak as you

Go to a fucking orthopedist, you mong.

not OP but I have a question related to knee injury. I have had problems with knees for 2-3 years but said fuck it and started lifting last year anyway, squats included. Knees got even worse although it is much worse while running. Question is which leg excercises are not heavy on knees? Squats and leg press are out of qustion but what about others like DL, knee raises etc. ?

>Question is which leg excercises are not heavy on knees?
Go to a fucking orthopedist, you mong.

How the fuck would we know which movement keeps injuring you, if you don't even know what's wrong with you?

this.

Athlean X also says you should do box squats instead of squats to help stop over-relying on your knee tendons and force your body to actually trust you glutes, hams, quads and friends

everyone on this board also has a 7" penis and is above 6 feet tall. and that's completely normal, right? you must think it is

>forcing your body to trust your friends

spotted the dicklet manlet

>tfw can't squat heavy because no friends to trust

Do you not realize 110 kg is very little also? lol

80 kg is basically bodyweight. It's by no metric impressive

>5x5
>80kg
>30
Slow down big guy.

>knee wraps for squats
>assisting your quads for squats
>assisting muscle X in a predominantly muscle X exercise
this is called cheating my friend. might as well wear a bench shirt for benching and call it a day

>don't let your knees go past your toes
how is that even possible. are you 1/10th repping or what? my knees go past my toes almost instantly

why can't you faggots just answer the question? nobody else in my gym even does freeweight squats at full rom, let alone at bodyweight weights so I don't give a fuck about your projected insecurities, whatever you say doesn't make my knees not hurt

I know the reply to this is only going to be something like "why do you care what others do, go lower, go heavier, etc etc etc" instead of anything helpful. this board is so predictable

Sleeves are easier to use. Bands are probably better, but you have to re-wrap every set.

given your age what is most likely your case is tight quad muscles, other than that we can have no idea since we dont know how you perform the squat

post a video of you squatting so we can judge your form, if you seriously want to fix your issue

>cheating
There are separate gear categories dummy