Upright rows

How do I make sure this excerise doesn't fuck up my shoulders? Should I keep the rep range high and lash in periods where I skip this exercise?

Also, what are some good alternatives to upright rows?

Learn to isolate the medial delt without heavily depending on your arms or lower back to do all the work. Something like a seated bent arm lateral raise mimics the top portion of the upright row, while maintaining the elbow in a fixed position. Those reps you'll feel should be felt exactly on the upright row, otherwise you have a higher chance of shoulder impingement .

Inb4 upright row is bad mmmkay

I use an ez bar and it seems to be okay for my shoulders.

Why would you want to do this meme exercise? Just do ohp and lateral raises. Maybe some dumbbell press after that.

>Why do an exercise that hits your rear/lat/front delts equally when you can do multiple exercises?

You're basically saying why squat when you can leg press/leg curl/leg extension

No. Not even close. Why do exercise which can fuck up your shoulders when you can do safe and proven exercises. Upright row is a meme. Because people who do this shit can't even press the bar over head.

I imagine doing this exercise with the cable rope thing would be the best way to do it

>How do I make sure this excerise doesn't fuck up my shoulders?
Shrug.

bullshit. RIP rotator cuff; the exercise

this, and also pic related.

You have to be 18 to post on this site.

That's terrible snatch form

just dont do them they are a garbage exercise

>RIP rotator cuff; the exercise
that's the behind-the-neck OHP. Even if you are able to do that without any direct impingement (something not so obvious), it will still fuck your supraspinatus over time and there's nothing you can do to prevent it. Nothing. To minimize damage (in BTN press) you could use a klokov aka very-wide-grip variant with perfect form.
Fact is, you probably should master other lifts and try it when you're at least past intermediate level.

upright rows don't have, AFAIK, any unavoidable impingment. I'd rather use dumbbels anyway, a barbell may cause some issues with wrists. Dumbbells give shoulders a better chance to move naturally too. Also don't raise your elbow up to your ears and don't use a narrow grip stand.

Face Pulls are better and easier on the shoulder.

Very light weights and loads of reps. Best used as a warm up desu. Don't be like me and go too heavy and fuck up your shoulder. I fucked up my right shoulder because of this, shoulder impingement has me out of the gym for 4 more weeks

DESU, just do delt raises, ohp and dumbbell shoulder press senpai

>Face Pulls are better and easier on the shoulder.
Face pulls aren't better and aren't easier on the shoulder. In fact, you could fuck up your shoulders with an undue external rotation. Besides, face pulls don't hit the lateral deltoid so they aren't a direct replacement.

do them with dumbbells

This is what I do

>ohp
>lateral raises
>face pulls
wow i hit all 3 delts without fucking my shit up

Use dumbbells.

Why would you hurt your shoulders permanently when you could do exercises that are safe and trains the same muscles?

But they don't hurt shoulders permanently, you fool. Any exercise if performed with poor form may end up with an injury. That's hardly an argument.

db raises as an alternative? db lateral raises are gay

all three of those exercises could fuck your shit up. try to to rotate your shoulder late on face pull or to forget to shrug on OHP just once.

A squat can fuck you up too retard.

>upright rows
>healthy shoulders

Pick one

Any lift done incorrectly can fuck your shit up, what's your point?

exactly that one.

I pick two.