>rippetoe insulting Chris Duffin

someone stop him before i steal all his milk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1xDPr2F1nV8
youtu.be/WL2i-u1bi8o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

duffin is a faggot, justl ike rippetoe

both of them a pretencious retarded faggots

when was last time you deadlifted 1000lbs (sumo with straps in gym)

or squat 4x own bodyweight?

I've noticed SS shills like Jordan Feiganbaum are on this kick that physical therapy is bullshit, stretching is bullshit and there's no need to do it, foam rolling is bullshit. Basically all you need to do is run SS and that will fix all your problems. If you're injured just keep lifting weights that will fix it

It's fucking retarded to say the least

its basically
"this strange trick that PTs hate will fix all your issues and basically youre fucking stupid" in nutshell

hes generalizing so hard in this video its not even funny, not even acknowledging variety of issues people can have

I'm just listening to a little bit of it he's going on about why does PT isolate injured areas when that's not how they function when uninjured

Idk rippetoe maybe because they're injured and trying to make them function like normal is exacerbating the injury and by isolating it we can begin to restore function in a pain free manner

Holy fuck he is retarded

Duffin is fucking weird.

hes our guy

went through lot of shit
but he also knows his shit

when was the last time being strong= being not retarded and not pretencious?

fucking retard

Have you actually listened and read everything they've said?

I was actually going to apply to PT school at one point and did about 200 hours of shadowing before I switched to the MD program.

He says PT is bullshit because it has been crippled by insurance company regulations. The majority of people that go through physical therapy just naturally heal up over those weeks and they would get the same results without the PT because the PT is just fluff feel good exercises that don't actually strengthen the muscles.

The vast majority of people I saw go through outpatient therapy got more benefit from their pain medicine than they did from 12 weeks of PT.

I definitely don't agree with the whole no stretching and no cardio aspects of SS. Those seem more like unnecessary gimmicks of the program to attract more lazy people

Flexibility is an extremely protective factor. The one thing that the majority of regular people who get injured have in common is that they lack whole body mobility. Excluding major accidents, you never seen people with high levels of flexibility getting injured doing daily activities.

Cardio is also an important aspect to overall health. This is not even up for debate at this point. No one cares about your lifts if you can't even go up the stairs without getting winded.

i did listen

im just saying i dont agree with everything he said.

do you think you can just go out there, roid the fuck up for few years and get to such numbers while being coached by yourself ?

fucking imbecile

ehh most PT's suck ass.
i think like most shit. it will vary by person, form and diet on the road to recovery.

yes, you cant put everyone in the same basket
and this applies to many things in life

except rippetoe does just that

yeah rip was wrong on that.

When the vast majority of people do the same things and respond to the same things, it's better to focus on them than it is to factor in the snowflakes into a conversation

Rip just doesn't care about outliers. If someone is in that group, then his information doesn't apply to them.

so basically whenever someone points out the bullshit i would spew out i just need to disregard them completely and tell them they need to fuck off with their special snowflake attitude?

I wentmorgen to Physio school and what rip says is true. How the fuck are you suppose to fix an issue by isolating one muscle with 1lbs of ressistance? The lack of strength training knowledge is staggering.
There are legit physios, and rip even works with physios. And they follow srudies and use proper strength training. But a massive amount of physio doesnt know shit. They dont stay updated on evidence research, and they jump on the newest fad no matter what the evidence says. Like movement screening, kinesiotape, cupping, light therapy, magnetotherapy. There is so much bullshitin physiotherapy. And so much bullshit that ypure thaught in school.
They are trying to fix it with evidence based practice. But that will take decades before everyone is onboard.

Rip has said numerous times that everyone thinks they are a snowflake, when in reality they are just as normal as everyone else

The only argument ever made against him is generic "everyone is different"

Look at the comments of this video. All of the criticism is more snowflaking.

Except the amount of bullshit in physiotherapy is pretty insane. Look up fascia release. Its basically stretching your skin. Which happens naturally when you stand. Yet they think it has some magical property.

Everytime something in the body is discovered its suddently a. New reason for pretty much all kind of pains and syndromes. And they try to cure everything with some new techniques that deals with the discovered part.
Its god damn ridiculous and embarrassing to see all these "medical professionals" jump on the bandwagon on every fad out there.

When I was shadowing, it was dry needling that was the biggest rage. It was being marketed as one of the best modalities at first, even though there was very little non biased research on it.

There were wait lists of DPTs wanting to get certified and the outpatient clinics were advertising it and charging $300 for 15 minutes of it.

Then the insurance companies said no to reimbursing it and suddenly it just died off completely and very few push it now.

The amount of modalities that are useless is insane. Some of them ARE usefull in very specific cases. But they are applied to everything. And due to the placebo effect and regression to the mean, they think its effective.

(((Feigenbaum))) (((Baraki)))

their claim is that
1. heavy lifting stretches muscles more effectively than just stretching
2. heavy lifting requires great cardiovascular output
both claims are true. problem is the lifts they perform do not stretch all my muscles like stretching does nor does it seem to provide the same whole body benefits of cardio activity. it looks good in theory but does not hold true in real life. cardio and stretching make me feel much better than lifting alone. furthermore a routine that wears you out so much that you can't do cardio or stretch is an awful routine for beginners.

Chris duffin is pretty balls deep in some ineffective physio treatments.

I do find the cardio part interesting. When I began SS weighing 170-180 lbs at 6 ft 3 I could run 10 km in reasonable time with no real training.
Now that I have run SS for 3 months with zero cardio my strength has skyrocketed but even running 3 km is very challenging. I am wondering how much of the perceived loss in cardio is just weight gain (i am now 220 lbs. ~18% bodyfat) and how much is lack of cardio training.
During my compounds I can attest to the fact that my heart rate rises significantly and I am pouring sweat.

It was hilarious listening to the PTs try to explain how doing 1lb dumbbell curls and quad sets were supposed to get the person walking again

One PT I shadowed actually made the patients start walking and doing some light barbell exercises, but the clinic manager made a rule that said no PT could do anything that wasn't on a premade flow sheet.

The number one complaint against Rip is that he shoehorns everyone into the same program, but I shadowed at 6 different PT settings and they had premade flow sheets for Neck/shoulder/back/wrist/knee and every single person followed the same exercise program for every injury.

>ineffective

[Citation needed]

40lbs of muscle in 3 months.................... cmon man not even the cunts on this board are that dense.

Unless you are on some decent gear and diet.

Go through all the studies of movement screens and see how inacurate they are.

With complete cessation of exercise training, a significant reduction in VO'2 max and a decrease in plasma volume occur within 2 weeks; all prior functional gains are dissipated within 2 to 8 months, even if routine low- to moderate-intensity physical activity has taken the place of training (Shephard 1994).
Muscular strength and power are reduced at a much slower rate than VO˙ 2max, particularly during the first few months after an athlete discontinues resistance training (Fleck and Kraemer 1987). In fact, no decrement in either strength or power may occur for the first 4 to 6 weeks after training ends (Neufer et al. 1987). After 12 months, almost half of the strength gained might still be retained if the athlete remains moderately active (Wilmore and Costill 1994).

it is also quick to get back into conditioning

strength takes much more to build upp

basically
get back to conditioning you fuckk

There is no evidence that things like voodoo flossing work and it's not even allowed in most areas for physical therapy since it is considered potentially dangerous.

Most of the foam rollers are just pure snake oil gimmicks

go through the podcast with duffin on his channel, theres some itneresting stuff in there, and to be frank i cant say for certain if it really works or not since i didnt have it done on my own body or see it in person

but theres certainly some interesting stuff to it.

Even if you disregard this entire shit, if you see how fast Duffin recovers from injuries there has to be something to it.

>how fast Duffin recovers from injuries there has to be something to it.

That's the completely wrong mindset.

You shouldn't be getting injured frequently enough for that stuff to even matter.

Also, how do you even scientifically quantify injury recovery? It's idiotic to make a statement that because he gets hurt so frequently and then recovers so fast that his advice is solid.

>not doing whatever it takes

The issue with these modalities is that they lack a propper theory of mechanism. They lack evidence of effectiveness.
Even lifters with no experience in physio related topics learn how to work injuries. Its called experience.

And he is selling his product, the shoulderoc, as a solution for nearly every shoulder issue. I do agree there are some good specific uses for it. But you cant apply that to a broad range of syndroms and pains because it work in some cases.
Why should you use something that is proven to be inefficient in many cases when we have studies that show treatments which show good results?

Duffin is a big fan of movement screens, yet they are so bad at predicting injuries and pain. They are all over the place. I like duffin, but he is not a good source of info on physio related topics.

Would you say just doing agile 8 daily would get someone's mobility up to par?

>Yes goyim, do whatever it takes. Don't worry if you cripple yourself.
>You can buy our movement screens and modalities to fix you right up.

it is tho

he recently tore some leg muscles, due to some antibiotics usage (1 month ago)

here you see him pulling 600lbs from blocks again

youtu.be/1xDPr2F1nV8

theres difference between pushing yourself and being outright fucking stupid

> During my compounds I can attest to the fact that my heart rate rises significantly and I am pouring sweat
I cannot lift at this level without my form breaking down and risking injury. The amount of cardio output I can safely achieve when lifting is much less than just doing cardio. And I can lift a lot of weight. This furthers my belief that such a routine that relies on lifting for cardio and wears you out too much to do other forms of cardio is a poor routine especially for beginners. For an advanced lifter this would be ideal perhaps but not a beginner.

>he recently tore some leg muscles, due to some antibiotics usage

wat

youtu.be/WL2i-u1bi8o

2:00 he explains it

The dact that he recovers quickly from his own injuries doesnt make him a legit source for physiotherapy information.
There are plenty of elite lifters who does the same. But that doesnt make them a physiotherapist.

This is proof that anyone can become a guru as long as you memorize basic anatomy.

you are not supposed to workout while taking antibiotics.

what you said has nothing to do with what we are talking here about

>I definitely don't agree with the whole no stretching and no cardio aspects of SS.

Rip's argument is that strength is a more important adaptation at first and takes a more focused effort.

Once strength is built, adding some conditioning work shouldn't take long to adapt.

He believes that stretching is not an end in itself. The goal is to have the mobility to do the things you do.

>implying I would imply any of he shit you listedd
>implying you are not a complete moron

Doesn't Mark say that you can do anything you want after SS.

I feel like this is the part that gets lost on most people.

The program is literally
>Starting
>Strength

The program is meant to be run for six months to a year and then you move on to whatever is specific to your goals

Yeah, they truly believe deadlifts and squats will fix ALL back problems