People who didn't deserve death

Why did they have to kill him?

Sure he was part if the Nazi regime and paracuting into England was eccentric, if somewhat a novel gesture to broker peace.

Any other Nazi high command I can say yeah I get nuremburging them but poor Hess doesn't have a black Mark of him from what I can see.

Anyone got any evidence of personal wrong doing on his part during the war?

His only war crime seems to be his eyebrows ;-;

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Afghanistan_(2001–present)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_military_intervention_in_Libya
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_bombing_of_Yugoslavia
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He looks like a literal neanderthal. Master race indeed.

Is this bait? He wasn't executed and if I remember correctly he wrote books praising Hitler well after the war

He only died because he killed himself after being allowed to live another four decades.

It's speculated that he was assassinated.

Why would anyone feed, clothe and house him for decades and then assassinate him when he's practically on his deathbed?

I don't know. there was an Unsolved Mysteries episode about it. Basically it's speculated that he was involved in shaddy shit with the UK government or something and needed to be silenced.

>poor Hess doesn't have a black Mark of him from what I can see.

You know, apart from being second in command as all those countries are invaded and being responsible for the laws stripping Jews of their rights.

>let's punish a man because he had political beliefs
Hess did not commit nor authorize any war crimes or crimes against humanity
his only crime was that he followed the wrong ideology

>let's punish a man for helping to start the bloodiest war in history and passing the laws that allowed the holocaust to happen

>aiding your country in matters of warfare is now a crime

>launching aggressive wars of conquest is a crime
>stripping civilians of their rights so you can steal their property and then murder them isn't a crime

but why would anyone try to kill a 91 year old man that is doomed to spend the rest of his life in prison?

for the pure pleasure of ending a G*rman life

This is not a thread about NATO.

many countries have done that (and some are even doing it today) and have never received any form of punishment or moral outrage
you are just measuring with double standards due to Hess' political beliefs

When did NATO launch an aggressive war of conquest?

Who is doing it today?

Hess was in the UK for most of the war. He can't really be blamed for many of the war crimes perpetrated. Yes, he helped with starting the segregation but by that logic the US presidents should have been imprisoned because the US was also a segregated state at that time.

Was the US government directly robbing and murdering it's segregated citizens?

>kill a 91 year old man
user I think there's a VERY good chance that a fucking 91 year old man died of natural causes

The Klan was with protection of law enforcement.

>whataboutism
The fact that some people get away with it and others don't isn't a reason to do away with the rules, its a reason to enforce the rules universally. Just because some dudes get away with it doesn't make hess less guilty.

He killed himself...

local PD != the fed, especially in the south

Were those law enforcers acting on the direct orders of their government?

That brow alone is reason enough to have him put to death.

>When did NATO launch an aggressive war of conquest?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Afghanistan_(2001–present)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_military_intervention_in_Libya

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_bombing_of_Yugoslavia

I had no idea Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Yugoslavia had been annexed by NATO

Also
>NATO
>Iraq

so war crimes only count if you annex land?

The question was when did NATO launch a war of conquest.

>military intervention=conquest
wew

This bushy eyebrowed fucker deserved a lot worse

The absolute state of (you)

Yes.

War of conquest doesn't imply they need to annex land. Those nations are all essentially US/ NATO occupied colonies anyway.

Glad to see my thread is still up.

Sorry for any confusion I didn't mean executed but he was incarcerated for an unfair amount of time I feel. Like Albert Speer (pictured).

I personally feel he died naturally but to die in spandau prison was cruel and unusual considering his cooperation and earnestness to broker peace.

Also those of you being mean about him are being so purely on political grounds right? Because by all personal accounts he seemed a nice guy.

Hate your h Himmlers and Bormans...hell even goering if you hate chad like behaviour...but leave poor Hess alone.

[Citation needed]

>essentially

The federal government? No, they weren't

Yes, they were occupied by foreign soldiers who committed war crimes against citizens. That is an occupied territory.

>he seemed like a nice guy
if you weren't jewish.

>we are part of a military alliance with you, please build a military base here
vs
>gib clay

>implying invading Iraq and killing Saddam Hussein wasn't just gib clay

>implying temporary occupation is the same as conquest

Also it seems unjust that Hess does in prison and doesn't get proper published memoirs when Otto here (pictured) gets to have a book and live free until death.

But I guess he helped mossad after the war commit politically malicious assasinations (instead of bringing them in to face justice properly) so he was one of the ' good guys'.

Btw I think Otto Skorzeny was cool as fuck but I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of it because he actually has blood in his hands from people he killed personally, not just gauge links like people here are using to diss Hess.

>iraqi freedom
>NATO

Was Skorenzy behind any of the policies that deprived jews of their properties and rights? Or are you just drawing a false equivalence and assuming that Hess just got fucked for being a nazi?

You could say that about nearly every prominent European pre 1945, Hess was just part of a party that was more pro-active with the Jewish hate...

>more pro-active with hate
like actively depriving them of rights and property? Which Hess was directly involved in?

Skorzeny was an honest soldier and a good man at his core, whatever wetwork he did as a commando he took to his grave. Hess was a policymaker and has far larger responsibility for atrocity than a commando who was growing more disillusioned with command the more the war went on.

Reading the latest version of his autobiography was really nice especially his feelings on how the nazis treated Mussolini after he had rescued him or how he saw Himmler as a fool.

>muh moral equivlancy of the Ku Klux Klan and the Nazi Party
>being this much of a nigger

First off, the Klan had pretty much collapsed as an organization by the time World War II came around. Second, the Klan is and has always been a decentralized organization. Every one of their subdivisions operates independently of the other. When "the Klan" commits an act of violence, the actual participants are generally limited to the members of that specific branch. This is the polar of opposite of the Nazis who were tightly controlled from the top down by Hitler himself. Third, the grand total of lynchings in the United States from 1882 to 1968 is at most, 5,000. That's the total number of lynchings, of which the Klan would have been involved in very few by virtue of it not existing from 1870 to 1915, and of the victims, one quarter were white. The annual total of murders for any given year is around 17,000 for comparison.

TL;DR a century of on and off low-level racial violence in a country with an already notoriously high murder rate is in no way comparable to the terrorizing and murder of six million people in the span of 12 years. Now fuck off.

You mean Hess was just part of the government who codified that hate into law.

Well let's be fair, it wasn't the worst job going and he had to earn his high position. If not condoning it you can understand it surely?

Besides, if he didn't be would have been forced to resign at best and executed at worse. And he had his family to consider too, that played a large part I think. Indeed I think he said as much at Nuremberg but that's of little weight to you I presume.

You both raise good points but I just feel that life imprisonment for Hess was too harsh. I agree he should have recived a few years for the aforementioned property policy he enacted but he wasn't in the same league as those he was in prison with in terms of crime.

My point would be 20 years with reduced sentencing like Speer would have been correct.

But alas dear the true reason for his jailtime was soviet pressure to keep as a sort of 'trophy'. Am I wrong in that?

>Otto here (pictured) gets to have a book and live free until death.

Lol okay Ivan.

>incarcerated for an unfair amount of time
>Like Albert Speer

Are you actually serious?