Just watched this

Just watched this
>meat causes cancer and will kill you when you're 80
>if you overweight, you'll get diabetes
Did anyone watch this and feel completely unaffected? I'm just going to blow my brains out when I get dementia at 70 so who cares about getting cancer. I'm going to eat meat, maintain a healthy and active lifestyle while these whiney vegans die at 100, living the last 30 years of their life in a wheelchair and shitting their diapers

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18558591
youtube.com/watch?v=AvSLeoUVb54
diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
reddit.com/r/keto/comments/1zjlm/scienceanimal_protein_rich_diets_could_be_harmful/cfupxyt/?st=j403pmhn&sh=b3278c44
caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?m=1
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21353476
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10763906
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/bph.13622/full
press.endocrine.org/doi/pdf/10.1210/endo.139.10.6216
jstage.jst.go.jp/article/bpb/24/4/24_4_351/_article
newsroom.unl.edu/announce/beef/2846/15997
ars.usda.gov/SP2UserFiles/Place/12354500/Data/isoflav/Isoflav_R2.pdf
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0958694611002123
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/09/soy-is-devil-and-not-in-fun-way.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/09/soy-is-devil-and-not-in-fun-way-22-12.html
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/general-info/known-and-probable-human-carcinogens.html
nature.com/onc/journal/v19/n43/full/1203828a.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I'm just going to blow my brains out when I get dementia at 70
I get nervous thinking how pathetic my 30s will be. Hopefully most people will be obese so at least by comparison I can feel good about looking somewhat human.

You've spammed this film everyday, either go vegan or don't. No one will care outside of the internet anyway.

The documentary is shit. It ignores a shitload of research regarding cancer and diabetes. It also blatantly lies, like how they present one egg-study as comparing eating eggs to an egg mcmuffin, when its actually compared against oatmeal.

Overall just shit.

i was pretty affected by it.

am i gonna become full blown vegan? no. but im definitely going to try to cut down on animal products. i hope to get to the point where i have none in the house, only have them when i go out or am at a social function or something.

This is my first time posting on Veeky Forums you KEK

If you get chronic illness from a shitty diet like this doc suggests then you'll regret it. It's not like you're just getting the sweet release of death sooner than you would. You're getting a poor quality of life for years and years leading up to the death. Even if your fantasize about blowing your head off it still makes sense to eat very little animal products throughout your life.

kys OP

>thinking about your 30s
I'm just counting down the days until I die. I'm just killing time and bullshitting until it's all over in a haze of hedonism and existential dread

>.png
You dun goofed

LOL make me you vegan pansy!

W-what?

maybe if youre retarded??? please prove that non-processed meat causes cancer without referring to flawed studies that refer to processed meat as 'red meat'

>vegan pansy!
>makes thread due a vegan documentary that has clearly worried him

Okay pal

I can't watch health documentaries. They always either scare me or make me angry or both. Remember The Union?

>actually replying seriously
Holy crap. Do you literally have autism?

do it for ethical reasons and for the environment. but this documentary is straight up lies.

>replying seriously
>Veeky Forums

Pick one soyboy

Why people want to live longer so bad?
You smell bad, you cant eat, you cant chew, your bones break easily, you become weak, you lose your hair, your primary senses, you forget things, your family and friends will die before you
Being old is trash

pretty amazing how all you sperg autists on Veeky Forums know more than doctors who have conducted peer reviewed studies on the subject

kys OP

>>if you overweight, you'll get diabetes

No, they say animal products cause diabetes. They even interview an obese fat acceptance nigger doctor because he's part of the vegan priesthood

I don't want to be 80, I want to be healthy at middle age instead of a wreck. It's common sense that exercise isn't going to negate the fact that you make more than 10 percent of your diet animal based.

kys OP

ive had a lot of weird medical problems the past few years. I'm young and healthy (23), have been lifting since i was 18. i got bells palsy and vestibular neuritis a couple years ago, which left me with permanent nerv damage, and constant pain in my legs. doctors have told me im a possible candidate for MS later in my life.

even if cutting out most animal products can decrease my chance of getting MS by .5%, that's enough for me.

>I'm young and healthy
>i got bells palsy and vestibular neuritis

Pick one... OP

>Lady I know goes vegan
>year 1 develops a heart murmur.
>year 2 gets MS.
>now in her early 40s on disability

Good luck.

>young and healthy
>oh but I'm a cripple
Lmfao oh my fucking God you absolute human wreck. Sorry you were born a retard who doesn't understand that meet doesn't cause genetic problems like that. How are you even typing? Have fun with your slow, pathetic death

Appeal to authority. Meanwhile you'll find published doctors backing every fad diet ever marketed, some even diametrically opposed to veganism like many forms of low carb/keto/paleo.

lmao OP getting shit for posting this yesterday when it was actually me :^)

Is soy even healthy? Every time I've tried that shit it makes my farts smell like sulfur. Milk and eggs and beans don't make my farts smell.

bc little bacteria in your gut isnt used to soy, it will get used to it if you keep eating it and it will stop smelling so badly

soy is literally pure estrogen

It has plant estrogen. You know that red meat has actual mammalian estrogen in it right?

Other sources of phytoestrogen:
- Oats
- Rice
- Apples
- Carrots
- Coffee
- Beer
- Bourbon

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18558591

Vegan since january, feelin good, lookin good, and making gains. Sleeping like a baby at night knowing im not causing any suffering with my dollar.

Post your body.

I watching 5 minutes of this documentary and it's already obvious how heavy the vegan bias is.

And I say this as someone who is doing a plant based diet.

watched*

>One single 60 year old man

Wew, must be a scientific fact now!

youtube.com/watch?v=AvSLeoUVb54

What do you mean "vegan bias"? I haven't watched this.

At least he supported his point. Haven't seen shit from you yet, faggot.

>5 sec difference
>accuses of samefag
newfag

>diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
>chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
>mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
>rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
>deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/ >foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
>deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
>reddit.com/r/keto/comments/1zjlm/scienceanimal_protein_rich_diets_could_be_harmful/cfupxyt/?st=j403pmhn&sh=b3278c44
>caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
>saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?m=1
>(cont.)

if this life is all you get 30 years is practically an eternity

>(cont.)
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21353476
>Poor cognitive test performance, enlargement of ventricles and low brain weight were each significantly and independently associated with higher midlife tofu consumption. A similar association of midlife tofu intake with poor late life cognitive test scores was also observed among wives of cohort members, using the husband's answers to food frequency questions as proxy for the wife's consumption. Statistically significant associations were consistently demonstrated in linear and logistic multivariate regression models. Odds ratios comparing endpoints among "high-high" with "low-low" consumers were mostly in the range of 1.6 to 2.0.
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10763906
From an user describing the studies below and the same on isoflavones: Genistein, dihydrogenistein, and equol have essentially the same binding affinity and degree of receptor activation at ERb as endogenous estrogen. Same with dihydrogenistein and equol at ERa. 3 oz of steak contains 1.9ng of estrogen, 8 ounces of soy milk contains 30000ng of isoflavone, clearly higher on a mole for mole basis. And unlike phytoestrogens estrogen is catabolized by the gastrointestinal tract and only about 5% survives first pass to the liver.
>onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/bph.13622/full
>press.endocrine.org/doi/pdf/10.1210/endo.139.10.6216
>jstage.jst.go.jp/article/bpb/24/4/24_4_351/_article
>newsroom.unl.edu/announce/beef/2846/15997
>ars.usda.gov/SP2UserFiles/Place/12354500/Data/isoflav/Isoflav_R2.pdf
>sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0958694611002123
Jamie Lewis on soy
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/09/soy-is-devil-and-not-in-fun-way.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/09/soy-is-devil-and-not-in-fun-way-22-12.html
>(cont.)

>(cont.)
>You know that red meat has actual mammalian estrogen in it right?
>Implying SHBG isn't inversely proportional to protein intake, making meat and animal products excellent for testosterone levels
>https:/press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291

Over-exaggerating the dangers of consuming animal products and benefits of a plant-based diet. I stopped watching when they were talking about processed meats (deli meats, bacon) and insinuating that they're as bad as cigarettes when there's several orders of magnitude difference when it comes to how carcinogenic they are.

as expected, we get people seriously quoting keto bloggers and fraud acupuncturers instead of actual scientific journals. Come the fuck on!

cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/general-info/known-and-probable-human-carcinogens.html
"The lists describe the level of evidence that something can cause cancer, not how likely it is that something will cause cancer in any particular person. For example, IARC considers there to be strong evidence that both tobacco smoking and eating processed meat can cause cancer, so both are listed as “carcinogenic to humans.” But smoking is much more likely to cause cancer than eating processed meat, even though both are in the same category."

Doesn't this just reaffirm everything I just said? Why did you post this?

All of these are factually incorrect, and you are a shitposter.
>b-b-b-b-but you didn't read them!
Actually, I did
>b-b-b-b-but you didn't understand them
Actually, I did
>b-b-b-b-but soy increases estrogen!
Soy has phytoestrogen which has the same binding affinity to estrogen receptors as mammalian estrogen but orders of magnitude lower potency
>b-b-b-b-but vegans are deficient in B12
Not if they take a supplement. Check the demographics for B12 deficiency in the US. More than 40% of the population is deficient, when vegans are 1-2%
Repeat after me: "We can't absorb adequately B12 in meat"
>b-b-b-b-but muh complete protein
I won't even bother, literally go to cronometer.com and prove yourself wrong

ATTENTION!!! To all newfriends who are maybe thinking of slowly cutting out some of their animal products but are intimidated by this SHITPOSTER's links: 1
1) Literally click them and see the ridicule yourselves
2) watch him weasel out of the argument by blatantly, shamelessly strawmanning this post

Reply to me or don't, I'm going to sleep.
peace xoxo

I haven't seen wth but if their source are the WHO reports, maybe it's you who didn't understand them

Please tell me what any of this has to do with fitness?

If you stop being so gung-ho to "disprove" me simply because I don't wholly worship plant-based diets and this vegan doc for a second you'll notice that I didn't stop watching solely because they cited the WHO reports but rather because they're grossly and likely deliberately exaggerating and misrepresenting the studies they did cite you pea-brained faggot.

This thread is garbage but if you can't see how diet and nutrition is a part of fitness you might just be too stupid to post on Veeky Forums.

>living the last 30 years of their life in a wheelchair and shitting their diapers
That's the average meat eater in the modern western world, I'm pretty sure.

Easy, you'll pop a vein

...is this all you got?

d-did I just win the argument?

There was no argument to begin with but if it satisfies you then sure

My gf watched it and I saw parts of it. Didn't really effect me. I've been vegetarian before for years, tried vegan for a while (was hard to maintain not starving mode because broke). I don't eat anymore red meats, and have a fairly consistent healthy diet, while going to the gym or remaining active in other ways.

For me the documentary parts that I saw were very forced feeling like they were trying really hard to push the vegan diet. I understand why, but making gains is a lot easier with chicken.

What are you talking about?

>Soy has phytoestrogen which has the same binding affinity to estrogen receptors as mammalian estrogen but orders of magnitude lower potency

I am the user who originally wrote that part and while true with cells expressing isolated ERa or ERb only it's a pretty irrelevant factoid given your typical serving of soy - like a scoop/25g soy isolate - produces plasma concentrations above the EC50. In the presence of ERaERb heterodimers more closely mimicking the in vivo condition it's somewhat higher also - nature.com/onc/journal/v19/n43/full/1203828a.html

Using proof by verbosity and a wall of blogs as a source makes you an idiot, but no better than and at the same level of idiocy employed by the other side ITT citing a Netflix movie.