/VEGAN/ GENERAL

So after watching this and countless documentaries plus doing my own research, I have finally come to the conclusion that going vegan is the best way to really be healthy and make better gains.

My question to you Veeky Forums is, is there ANY reason what so ever to continue eating animal products, knowing what we know today about how horrible meat and chicken and fish is for you? I mean, of course meat tastes good but so does sugary sweets, the only difference is that the animal product is actually worse for your health than sugar is.

So, whats stopping you from becoming vegan? Other than taste of course. Don't you want to be truly healthy? After doing some shopping on a vegan diet today I actually found out its even cheaper than a regular meat based diet. Not to mention all the professional athletes that are going vegan and finding out that they actually perform better than ever. Seems like a no brainier to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gsjKIIz6CCI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>no brainier
maybe it did need one after all

K

weak b8

I accepted the fact that maybe in the future we won't need any food from animal sources
Cell culture technology are developing way faster than agriculture and livestock

The problem is
>most vegans are fags who don't support new food alternatives (e.g in vitro meat)
>the field need more research and scientists and most vegans are studying social sciences and humanities (and we don't need that kind of shit anymore)

it bugs my mind why vegans can't accept the fact that most people won't stop eating meat because it's fucking natural
just fucking study biotech or something that can actually help humanity while protecting the animals

>>most vegans are fags who don't support new food alternatives (e.g in vitro meat)
Absolutely wrong
>the field need more research and scientists and most vegans
kek, also wrong
vegans are like 1-2% worldwide
>it bugs my mind why vegans can't accept the fact that most people won't stop eating meat
Vegans just don't want to take part in something unnecessary. Everything you need you can get from non animal sources. Literally google "how to get X vegan"
>because it's fucking natural
Vaccines and cars are unnatural, cobra poison and hurricanes are natural

Ok
The vegan mentality is pretty flawed when it comes to convincing others that they should stop eating meat, because whether you like it or not, it's natural and people are never going to stop eating meat unless we get a paradigm shift
The only thing that isn't natural about eating meat is the process of getting the meat, which can be pretty cruel for the animals
What i'm trying to say is that most VEGANS and MEAT EATERS don't fucking care about creating new food alternatives, and that VEGANS should encourage and support the process

The reality is that being vegan only changes the self, you're just covering your backside while animals are still getting slaughtered

Nowadays we have only 2 options, or you keep eating meat or you stop eating meat and feel good about yourself (because you ain't actually changing anything by doing this - the world gonna stay the same and the animals are going to keep being tortured)

Why can't people realize that the best option would be actually making a change and creating something that would fulfill the needs of both groups?

If we create a new meat alternative (and i mean actual meat), which can be created using less money in a shorter span of time without killing any animal then why the fuck the industry would spend billions in livestock if this new alternative is the same thing but cheaper?

But if both groups don't give a shit about creating this new alternative when the fuck would this happen?

If more vegans think about it and fucking start studying biotech to actually develop something new, then you actually would have a change

If I told you the taco I gave you had soy you would call me a liar and tell me it was beef. How much thought have YOU put into meat alternatives? Rape is natural but you'd cry like a baby if I raped your sister.

>The vegan mentality is pretty flawed when it comes to convincing others that they should stop eating meat
This is true. Our arguments are 80% of the time correct and 20% exaggerations or pseudoscience, but presentation of said arguments or activism is at least 50% of the time suboptimal or straight up detrimental to the cause (meat is murder hurr durr). Case in point . Please stop usin rape as an analogy. The analogy itself is right but fails because it rubs everyone else the wrong way.
>because whether you like it or not, it's natural
You completely missed my previous post it seems. I repeat:
Vaccines and cars are unnatural, but good
Cobra poison and hurricanes are bad, but natural
>people are never going to stop eating meat unless we get a paradigm shift
Yes, that's what we're after. Your point?
>What i'm trying to say is that most VEGANS and MEAT EATERS don't fucking care about creating new food alternatives, and that VEGANS should encourage and support the process
But they do, have you ever gone to the grocery store to look at all the meat free alternatives?
>The reality is that being vegan only changes the self, you're just covering your backside while animals are still getting slaughtered
No, google boycott.
>If we create a new meat alternative (and i mean actual meat), which can be created using less money in a shorter span of time without killing any animal then why the fuck the industry would spend billions in livestock if this new alternative is the same thing but cheaper?
But they do. Freelee, who is arguably amont the most influential (and strict/militant) vegans supports it. youtube.com/watch?v=gsjKIIz6CCI
>If more vegans think about it and fucking start studying biotech to actually develop something new, then you actually would have a change
I turned vegan at 25, not getting into college again

>it rubs everyone else the wrong way.
I don't care. If you feel the need to tone police maybe Veeky Forums isn't for you.

Why are you pretending to be me? By the way morals have nothing to do with Veeky Forums so "it's natural bro" tier logics have no place either.

There is no point to try to discuss veganism on here, people get so triggered. Just let them enjoy their atherosclerosis and move on

I wasn't pretending to be you. I'm saying tone policing is bullshit. He's said "it rubs everyone else the wrong way" so I chimed in.

No worries

I wasn't referring to "activism" specifically on Veeky Forums, le epic oldfag. I've seen the same analogy elsewhere and omnis never take it well which contributes to us being seen like psychos

Maybe you need some thicker skin. There's absolutely nothing psychotic about slapping down the "it's natural bro!" argument. I never compared eating meat to rape and I never called meat murder.

Is that Zyzz?

>you need some thicker skin
I'm not the omni that should be converted but keep doing you

my gf and i watched "What The Health" last night.

her friend and boyfriend had recommended we watch it and i had seen posts about it on both Veeky Forums and reddit.

we got through 25 minutes before we had to turn it off. we agreed to there was something really off about the "science" that they were passing off and the tone wasn't something we could trust. here's the catch: my gf is vegan.

did anyone else try to watch it and couldn't get on board?

i thought it was a comedy

hahahaha i found the injured vegan hahaha

What

im vegan, i hated the documentary. Than again i hated cowspiracy also. Everything from the pseudoscience to the harassment of call takers. The basic advantage to being on a vegan diet is that you get literally no cholesterol, and significantly less saturated fat. That is the health benefits. Beyond that most "evidence" is just people that became more healthy after going from a junk food diet to a health diet that just happened to be vegan. Forks over knives is a bit better by the way if you and your girlfriend are interested in vegan documentaries.

>the animal product is actually worse for your health than sugar is

It enrages me that people are going to be duped into believing this. Carbs are the knife in America's circulatory system and vegans are twisting it.

I experimented with the diet once. I was weaker and less satisfied. It's why I stick to meat and everything else I am able to consume.

>can only get b12 naturally from meat, die without it
>cholesterol is the building block of hormones which means you'll eventually run out of it
>drugs that block the cholesterol chain cause massive health issues over time

Yup we were truly not meant to eat meat.

>Carbs, the main energy source the longest lived people, live off of are the devil
Cool go make a Hulu documentary rallying against grains, fruit, and vegetables

That would be vegetal oil (soybean oil being the most used in fast food chains) you uninformed retard.

Asians are sure getting many health issues from eating tons of rice for the last 5000 years or so.

>>can only get b12 naturally from meat, die without it
You don't get B12 naturally from meat, your meat is fed a supplement. So it's "unnatural". B12 fortified cereal exists so no reason for eating meat
>>cholesterol is the building block of hormones which means you'll eventually run out of it
You make your own and you never run out of it. Have you ever even heard the term "cholesterol deficient"?
>>drugs that block the cholesterol chain cause massive health issues over time
What does that have to do with vehaniam

>Carbs are the knife in America's circulatory system

>entire physiology is based on using and managing glucose
>body will literally break down precious muscle via gluconeogenesis to create glucose once glycogen stores are depleted
>fat has to be turned into ketones (very similar to glucose) so the brain doesn't fucking die when glycogen levels are depleted
>carbohydrates are bad

I'll alert the New York Times that some random faggot with zero understanding of human physiology on a Tibetan Flying Carpet Weaving image board has cracked the cause of heart disease even though all current scientific knowledge shows that cholesterol levels over 140 is the only, literally only cause of heart disease.

Not even vegan.

anyone else triggered by the pony-tailed skinnyfat DYEL faggot vegan with shit genetics?

Too much of a headache, literally every spice package or vegetable package contains traces of milk, you have to make everything from scratch and the ingredients go bad a lot faster so you have to constantly go shopping.
Most stuff you can't freeze because it's already been frozen.
So I rather just be a vegetarian and also not worry about a b12 deficiency.

>of course meat tastes good but so does sugary sweets, the only difference is that the animal product is actually worse for your health than sugar is

Lol

How much do you spend on food to get those veg*n gains?

>Blue marker only on chicken, not beans or lentils
>Mentions (((whey))), a supplement, but not pea protein powder which is cheaper even when adjusted for protein%, pouch size and (((pdcaas)))
>cow milk but not soy milk on the list
>Brings in the best animal foods like lean beef cuts, chicken and tilapia, but not crap like hotdogs
>From the vegan side he brings memes like mustard greens and low calorie/protein foods like fucking cabbage, but not actual high protein cheap vegan food like seitan, tvp, tofu, tempeh
Yeah, not biased at all. I wonder (((who))) could be behind this post. Really made me think.

>veg*ns can't argue against you without writing an whole essay and bringing up links to ((((studies))))

Sad!