Why are vintage bodies better looking than today's freaks?

Why are bodies of the Greeks so much better looking than today's body builders?

Is it because of steroids?

How to achieve the body of the Greeks?

>be relatively lean (10-13% b>f)
>focus on ohp and incline presses
done

Greeks were a lot smarter even than they are given credit for, and understood the rules of how to make muscles look aesthetic.

As a result, they sculpted statues which had such aesthetic physiques and expressions that they are striking to the viewer while being, in reality, physiologically impossible even now.

Greeks never had those bodies.

The statues are idealised. They studied the anatomy of muscles, and made some nice sculptures.

They made things larger than life, because who wants to look at normal people. They also followed mathematic formulas to find max AESTHETIC, like polykleitos.

>in reality, physiologically impossible even now

for you

>No roids.
>Knew comparatively little about health, and nothing about nutrition.
>Consumed all of their protein through foods.
>Less food readily available, so can't bulk.
>No machines to isolate muscles, no dumbbells or barbells.
>Workouts consisted of picking up and putting down large boulders and chunks of marble, throwing heavy things, manual labor, and bodyweight exercises.

Just eat well, work as a mover on weekends, and do push-ups and sit-ups every morning.

Oh, and plenty of swimming and wrestling. Greeks loved that shit.

Are these bodies really impossible now?

I think the majority of people, albeit rare, who have these bodies are the homosexuals/ twinks.....

boi

>How to achieve the body of the Greeks?
fuck lots of boys

Old bodybuilders emulated the bodies of Greek gods. Modern ones aim for Greek monsters

Is that pierce brosman?

is it bad i consider them dyels now?

M8 euguen sandow looks just like these sculptures and never had access to steroids

>inb4 Cocain
Source please

that's not greek that's third reich

also not greek

also greek statues were not created by copying the bodies of living humans, they're ideals created by artists. this is a really bad thread, i hope OP is a literal child for his sake

Their workouts were basically track and field and they had dumbbells you monster tard

too bad they painted those statues like dumb faggots

this,

just look at the difference between the muscles on all 3 statues, pretty apparent two are realistic ideals, and one is completely ideal. Albiet in the spectrum of reality.

It can be achieved, but most are twinks.

People don't understand that "less is more". Aiming for supra levels of test also means supra levels of estrogen in most cases. Eating too much, increasing inflammation and parasitic load. Too much training, no care for balance. Nutrition knowledge has also never been more disinformative. The key has always been balance but people want more and more.

yes

New fag here, what are dyels?

Justin Theroux

hes banging jennifer aniston

just like you need a source to prove bodybuilders are roiding lmao

look up how many old time strongmen died in their 50's of heart failure and try again

vintage...so much better looking than now

Because they developed their whole body in a functional manner, compared to bodybuilders who develop one muscle at a time.
Most notably it can be seen in arms and chest.
Every bodybuilder today, and I would say even most amateur lifters have body dysmorphia when it comes to arm (especially biceps) and chest size.
If you can find a lifter today who doesn't do tons of biceps and chest isolation. (i.e. only benches and rows), he will have pecs and biceps in similar proportions to greek statues.
Most lifters would consider his arms and chest "shit" or "mediocre", but he actually looks better, from an objective aesthetic point of view and in the eyes of most normies.

just look in the mirror

>a play on the summer meme
>that fucking spacing, not even reddit anymore
>I'm new but I know the lingo guise
>new fag
funny, but too obvious

sauce?

this

literally identical to me

tl;dr: Greek statues are not unrealistic at all, people are just butthurt.

this statue has rolled shoulders.

>M8 euguen sandow looks just like these sculptures and never had access to steroids
Both assumptions are literally wrong.

1. Sandow never looked like a grecian statue. For example, his arms, were too big and his chest was too small (Note: Greek chestw as apparently developed by throwing the discus according to the sources)
2. Sandow used steroids. The year he went on stage was the year baseball had it's first steroid scandal. Look it up.

Because only cherry picked chads had statues sculpted of them

their womens statues are more attractive to, at least in my opinion

they actually look freaking natural but still shapely and hot

how about you lurk more before posting stupid shit

I'm pretty sure I could look bigger than this guy doing nothing but basic pull ups and push ups.

Years of Bronze Age war will probably do that to you

You're so full of shit and you don't even realize it.
Bodybuilders never EVER work on one muscle a time. If you meant that they work a lot on isolation exercises, wrong again. If you look at training footage of the champions (whether it be Golden Era or nowadays), they rarely do pure isolation except to finish a workout, as a mean to pump some blood in the areas they just work. Otherwise: compounds.
Also
> rows = biceps
Unironically neck yourself

>he doesn't hit his bi's with rows

HAHAHAHA FUCKING FAGGOT, stop jerking your lower back to move weight you can't handle maybe?

You totally missed the point and still managed to talk complete horseshit.

He's right, stfu.

Socrates was not only ripped, he was FUCKING ripped. Pretty much every Greek philosopher, poet, tragedian, and so on would have been, because they were all adult male citizens, and either had to fight in the army or (later) row in the fleet. Or Both.

People underestimate the level of physical exertion these things required. These guys worked out EVERY day. They worked out so much that they actually liked working out. They lived to work out. Their entire leisure time was composed of working out and getting gay over how hot their bods were in the balmy Mediterranean sun. the first ten fucking pages Plato's FIRST dialogue have Socrates lusting over teenager's sweaty, manly pecs through his toga. Socrates likens himself to a lion that is about to gobble up its prey. He can barely control himself. That is how the Western philosophical tradition starts: homoerotic lust for ripped abs. When Alcibiades, the manliest man in history, bursts into the famous drinking party, at which the guests are discussing the urbane topic of Love, it is to ask Socrates why he never fucked him in the ass when they cuddled. you know how the dialogue ends? Socrates goes to the gym and works out.

It is understandable that modern historians, coming from a society of flabby, skinnyfat wimps, are unable to comprehend the sheer manliness of Athens. Socrates saved Alcibiades in a hoplite battle in the Pelopennesian War. Aeschylus, the Tragic Poet, fought at Marathon. And all of them worked out and fucked ass, at every moment they weren't literally inventing Western civilization.

gay

tru dat

>And all of them worked out and fucked ass
teehee

Motivational post thanks

He was a shit tier philosopher if he couldn't control his lust. Thanks for the info, never listening to this guy.

Also, "Alcibiades the manliest man in history"

Looks like an effeminate faggot to me.

Your bi's should not be too involved in rowing movements tho, if done right they hit your back hard and your bi's merely act as a small aid.

So please explain the point of his post if you actually get it. Cause all I can read is "muh functional bod", "bodybuilders only do isolation yada yada" bullshit.

>That is how the Western philosophical tradition starts: homoerotic lust for ripped abs

This is a fucking 10/10 post

I was waiting for this pasta

This is real aesthetics, none of that twink greek shit

Kek hard. Also dont forget they fk pre adolescent boys

it's because of the marble color. if you painted them skincolor it would look very similar to bodies ppl have nowadays

This shit is very relevant. There is a reason narcissistic whores and faggots always post pics of themselves with faggy filters. They make the image look surprisingly appealing precisely because this is not the way things usually look like.

It's often an illusion. The over lifesize statues that you view from a lower angle for instance are completely anatomically incorrect but look perfect from the intended viewpoint. The Greeks put insane attention to detail in seemingly straightforward things. For instance when seeing pic related people think the columns stand at regular intervals while that isn't true in the slightest. Every distance is thought out and calculated for maximum aesthetic and the same goes for their statues. I'd suggest reading more about all this, it's incredibly interesting stuff (A World History of Art covers pretty much everything and is very understandable for laymen).

>is it because they are literally crafted out of stone by humans who wanted them to look glorious?

Explain his blue eyes.
Do it.

Bodybuilding isn't a competition of aesthetics, it's a competition of mass and symmetry. Fitness models are the ones going for aesthetics.

DYEL?

>A World History of Art
Thanks user, will check this out

>>Less food readily available, so can't bulk.
You're retarded. Just because they didn't have modern productivity doesn't mean they didn't have surplus of food.
If they didn't their population wouldn't have grown you cretin.

>implying stoic control is the only measure of philosophical mastery
>implying understanding your place in nature and doing what you want when you want isn't just as masterful

Woah qboa whoa wtf whoaaaaaaaaaaaa

Well I'd say they fail at being a classicaly aesthetic so it applies to them too. Instead of more big its more ripped and having the tiniest possible waist.

Not all philosophies are about controlling lust tho.

You only read "functional" and "isolation" and chimped out, I get it.

The point is that "bodybuilders" have created a warped image of what a proportionate, well-developed body looks like. And that goes back to Arnold's days.
Why they started to do that, I don't know. Probably because it accentuates the V taper.
But every representation of a "fit" man up until the mid 20th century shows them with arms/biceps that most gym bros would consider small. Same for chest.

The other point is that such development can only be achieved by doing a lot of exercises that target these muscles specifically. There is no way you can build chest and biceps of bodybuilder-proportions if you only do "compounds". Or any other type of exercise like hard manual labor or martial arts.

Holy.....That is a hideous body.

Today's body builders are freaks, and not in a good way.

Bloody hell........ Who wants to look like THAT?

The human body is already beautiful.

The ideal human torso is to be in proportion with the rest of the body.

A thin waist, which can be vacuumed, abs, ribs and obliques showing, and a chiseled chest.