Let me get this straight. They have a partnership with SWIFT. Did demo's with AXA, Sony...

Let me get this straight. They have a partnership with SWIFT. Did demo's with AXA, Sony, top 100 international banks and just today got endorsed by HCL.

Why the fuck is this not moving? It just doesn't make sense. Market cap is only 60 million dollars.

Please no memes or shit talking, I just want a reasonable discussion. Clearly this thing has all kinds of endorsements, partnerships and involvements for it to be not some shitcoin, yet it is marketed as a Veeky Forums shitcoin everywhere. Why and when will this change? Was this the same with eth in the early days?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/cUqjaEw
coindesk.com/swift-completes-blockchain-smart-contracts-trial/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Needs a new exchange. Veeky Forums needs to meme it to another exchange.

- its only on Binance and has been botted to fuck
- the FUD/FOMO cycles on it has been nuts and persistent so a lot who are interested have already been burned and are waiting
- BTC is still up and seemingly going up still so alts are dead. some have been starting to recover as people position themselves ahead of the BTC fork/crash, but LINK is still not on everyone's radar so it hasn't started to see those early entries

advice: use its relatively low stature and cheap prices to your advantage while you can. there's enormous profit potential and its still a super small market cap

exactly how are the bots manipulating?

They do not have a partnership with Swift. They won a contest so they could demo their product (+100k usd). But i get your point, should go up after the fork. Nodes will be in place in Q1 2018 so we'll see some movement then. Sergey said at Devcon that a fully operational Chainlink network will be in place "relatively soon" (he later stated 2 years).

If you watch the order book you can see it, but buy/sell walls have been thrown up and taken down strategically p much since it was listed. You'll see bots probing the price, starting at one price a given range from the current price, and then incrementing by a penny toward the consensus price only to have the orders come down, and start over again at their first price.

I think you can only get listed on these exchanges if the request is initiated by one of the official team members. Since getting listed is not on their agenda, it seems that no team member will initiate the request to get listed on either of these exchanges.

On other exchanges (Poloniex for example) you can fill in a request form for a coin even if you are no team member. So we could spam them there. Downside is that this form requires an offical announcement which, apart from their website, they did not make.

Look at ETH.
What makes it worth the $300 it is today?
Smart contracts
They are revolutionary. Don't know why? Google it. You will find all sorts of uses for them, from Finance, Insurance companies, Airlines, you name it. There is a problem however, which is probably slowing down ETH's growth. Right now, smart contracts on the Ethereum network are limited; it's confined within the blockchain and with data on the blockchain.
Chainlink changes that.
All of those potential uses for Smart Contracts - that's all now a very legitimate possibility now. In the simplest terms, Chainlink allows for extenal data to inform smart contracts. When you consider the fact that it's decentralised, it gets a whole lot better.
People that keep saying things like "why would banks use chainlink when they can just make their own version" clearly don't understand the fundamentals of this project. Chainlink's goal is not to "be used" like (e.g.) Ripple hopes to achieve.
Chainlink is merely the bridge that enables data which is outside of the Ethereum 'universe', to communicate with it, and thus execute various actions. Thus, it's not unlikely that adopters will use their own private blockchain (biggest reason would be to avoid the market fluctuations in it's value). But - what will they use to get their data, onto the blockchain - whether it be their own token, eth, etc... Chainlink.

This.

Knocking out that centralization, where you have to trust someone, is THE key to SmartContracts having a real world use case. But how do you get that information -- the fact that the $300 has been sent -- onto the blockchain using data that the smartcontract understands?

3. Oracles. Right now the answer is "hey we can hire Oracle X to do the translation to represent this bank dollar transaction on the blockchain." The "oracle problem" with this is that you are 100% TRUSTING that oracle to act prudently. That they don't tamper with the data. So we can kill coinbase but now we have to trust the oracle instead of coinbase .This is a HUGE problem for Banks who want to get into blockchain but have to trust a centralized oracle to translate data. This Oracle can be hacked, falsified, defrauded, really all the problems that come with centralization.
4. ChainLink - this service DECENTRALIZES that translation process of the Oracle. Now, the translation is trustless, and you have a trustless data feed that informs the trustless smart contract.

news does not affect crypto outside of the small variance surrounding the exponential trend. Expect over $2 this month for no other reason than its time

That's all you had to fucking do Veeky Forums fucj man kek

to sum it up

>BTC craze, 99% disregards anything about alts right now, only smart money is accumulating the dips
>chainlink is still very much under the radar, no marketing, only (big) rumors
>only available on one low volume exchange
>only a small amount is being traded right now, so combine this and the previous point and you have a recipe for easy manipulation

2018 will be big for chainlink, if you have the patience just hodl.

Partnership with IC3, Confido and worked with factom too.

Until the fork ends the price will be low. All alts are hanging on until it ends. Buy more if you have none or hold if you bought in pre SIBOS

Official announcement === bitcointalk ANN?
Why is that shit forum the centre of crypto?

Yes, bitcointalk. Why the "shit forum" is the center, i do not now. But this is required on the Poloniex form :)

Chainlink is the Only non-pajeet coin at it's current market cap

>They won a contest so they could demo their product
Protip: Smartcontract won the contest last year, but there were three winners that year: Smartcontract, Rise, and Coin Sciences.

Yet Smartcontract was the ONLY outside crypto dev that was invited to showcase a demo at Sibos this year.

The Swift relationship is a lot deeper than you seem to think.

We're gonna pump.

Get in on our discord.

discord.gg/cUqjaEw

Better move fast. Chinese going to use Smart Contracts wtih ChinkLink

>discord.gg/cUqjaEw
INV DOESN'T WORK

Great insight user

actually this. Finally someone understands and doesnt meme "ethereum can just implement what chainlink does"

The product is great, the token is LITERALLY useless, in the most literal sense of the word.

The thing is that both ETH and BTC will NEED $LINK

How can they otherwise get the external data to provide their computational logic? They can't , LINK solves the "real truth" problem in a cryptopgraphic way. It's like the HTTPS of blockchains

It is literally used to fuel the transaction fees and also used to run a trusted node.

You cannot use the product without using the token

In a market run off pure speculation literally any token is useless in the "literal sense". What real application does bitcoin provide outside of literally any other crypto that it is price above?

They can use external data but it won't be tamper proof or secure, nobody will use it. That's where decentralized oracles come in.

One billion coins dumb fuck

Sleek FUD

He did NOT state the network will be done in 2 years you fucking pajeet

That was basically when he expects widespread usage.

The infrastructure is already completed

And yes the mkt cap is insanely low. MASSIVE profits to be made here

Binance is dictating the price right now. Not that hard to artificially suppress it. Also no working product yet and won't be for a long while.

Do you not know what "trustless" means boyo?

there is a working product, stupid pajeet. check the website

nodes run on a testnet, its not really working

Sold my 0x for link today

Almost at 50k

Hope this is my way out
i want to dump my girlfriend and travel the world, been stuck in this relationship for too long, would love to have Some cash and make Some passive income to focus on myself

It is working, it's just not implemented as a network yet.

And considering that this is a DEcentralized network, "implementation" and "widespread acceptance" are synonyms.

But the working product is virtually finished.

I hope it tanks some more while Salt moons so I can buy in a decent chunk.

to be 100% clear and i hold big Link bags..

1) No partnership with AXA or Sony, this was confirmed by Rory that purely mockups.

2) their announcement last week was that they had just chosen GO as the language for Chainlink. this means they are absolutely fking no where when it comes to releasing the decentralized network. AND BEFORE any of you dumbfks start howling about the SIBOS demo, that was a centralized Oracle solution.

3) their POC involved data from banks, which sure is great as it's a pain in the arse to get POCs with banks. however no smart contract will ever work with just one bank's data, it's more likely to use the REUTERS reference, and Reuters have just released B1IQ which is this, but without Chainlink. Yes they could use Chainlink at some point to monetize, however given Chainlink isn't built don't expect anything soon.

I believe this investment is like ethereum, long-term hold but until it pays off will be some pain.

you're like me but your goal is 5x as much LINK. I'm chasing the passive income meme so I can travel and think it can become a reality with crypto. Keep on trekking senpai.

They don't have a partnership with Swift true, but as Ripple rises to prominence Swift has a quickly growing need to adopt Link to compete; seeing as they are already in close talks it is likely to happen.

>No partnership with AXA or Sony, this was confirmed by Rory that purely mockups.
Lmao no.
Rory confirmed that they did in fact have a smart contract with them.

Go look, the firewall contract signed by AXA and Sony is still live.

> their announcement last week was that they had just chosen GO as the language for Chainlink. this means they are absolutely fking no where when it comes to releasing the decentralized network.
Except Chainlink network V1.0 was finished before the presale. It's what they used for the Swift proof of concept and Sibos demo.
Source: coindesk.com/swift-completes-blockchain-smart-contracts-trial/

>however no smart contract will ever work with just one bank's data
This makes zero sense.

doesnt that then make the product useless then if the coin appreciates like people itt are claiming it will?

who would pay $10-100$ just to get a little offline data for a single smart contract? it should cost a few cents. dumb idea to tokenize

It will work like adjusting difficulty for mining. Obviously miners arent making the amount of btc they used to or else everyone with an antminer would be a millionare.

so then why would the coin appreciate a lot even if tons of people are using it then?

The Link token is divisible to 18 decimals.

Link could be 1 million a pop, and you could still pay cents worth.

Because supply and demand.

why hodl now when you can hodl at 2018 .

what? Cause fuckin basic economics

This.

Great rundown.

fuckkkk 2 years of waiting for this shit to move!? why are we wasting our time here

This
Token is completely useless

How would you fund the project and reward investors without a token?

Everyone is hoarding their LINK. Only 2% of existing LINK is being actively traded and it dictates the price. It's being botted to hell.

Because they DON'T have a partnership with SWIFT.

They did a thing with SWIFT this one time and every single retarded fucking LINKer has since inferred the existence of a partnership.

What coins are you bullish for that aren't BTC or ETH?

Christ that’s not what was said you card carrying retard. I bet you fail miserably at the hands of the baseless fud and shilling that fills this board

OMG is a lock. NEO/GAS will be bigger, Ripple will live on and grow.

Everything else is a gamble.

FYI decentralization is inherently against human nature. I'm not saying it won't happen, or that the technology is bad. I'm saying that human beings being the investors in decentralized projects, only the "trusted" people in the decentralization industry will generally succeed in their projects.

This means money skeleton and the Ethereum team are absolutely the ones to follow right now, and it's not even close. You want ACTUAL coins that are going to be huge? Follow Buterin, Poon, Zamfir, Wood, Kwon and the like.

Until anyone proves themselves worthy of comparison to these teams who do you think is actually going to get the partnerships of the existing centralized entities run by human beings?

And protip: Buterin dislikes LINK and actively supports Oraclize.

Buterin is a noted communist so what he likes and dislikes can go fuck themselves.

My problem with the line of logic that people only trust established people is that they got there without being trusted. It's circular logic.

With your reasoning you shouldn't have invested in ETH until it was $200 because they hadn't proved themselves yet.

>he later stated 2 years
lmao I estimated 2019 delivery in another thread and some deluded linkie told me I was totally wrong. Now it's straight from the horse's mouth. I was able to make this prediction because I'm a software engineer and I know what it takes to ship software. Here's my next prediction: ChainLink solves a nonproblem .

he said 2 years for widespread use, not for having a finished product.

>Rent Free

this meme is way 2 spicy

2 years for an established API portfolio user.
The network itself is pretty much finished and ready for full-scale implementation very soon.

This is a decentralized network, it will only be fully deployed when it has reached its optimal number of users.

i agree, burning my tongue here

Straight to the top 5 best Link memes. Congrats.

They earned the trust with innovation and they're still developing new projects aka OMG. You'd have to be crazy not to invest.

Investing prior to trust requires vision. You'd have to realize what ETH was before even 90% of Veeky Forums knew, let along 99% of people. If you can do that, hey that's great.

But most people can't and will waste a fuck ton of money trying to be visionary when in actuality they don't know shit about the most lofty minded technological innovation in human history.

Do you KNOW exactly how decentralized networks are going to be implemented? No? Can you really tell me why Oraclize wouldn't do what LINK does? And no just saying "it's centralized" isn't an answer. Why does LINK NEED a token? Why can't Ethereum just set up an Oracle service?

Knowing these things before most people in an already highly technical and highly intelligent market like cryptocurrencies is extremely hard.

It'd have been easier in 2014/2015 when there was only Bitcoin and a few minor shitcoins. Ethereum if you really understood it, would have stood out.

But I prefer to rely at least somewhat on reputation. It's very helpful. It's how seed investments make their decisions too. Invest in PEOPLE. The Ethereum team has proven that they understand this technology WAY better than anyone ive seen. And it's not even close. And I've seen a lot of white papers, websites, presentations, and pretenders. I know they're real.

And Vitalik is still 23 fucking years old. I know I was retarded about politics then too. Give him time.

Oraclize is shit though...

>ChainLink solves a nonproblem .
What are you basing that statement on?

>Why can't Ethereum just set up an Oracle service?
ah yet another linkholder. This has been said so many fucking times I'm almost becoming sick of it. Move along boys, he's fudding.

>Do you KNOW exactly how decentralized networks are going to be implemented? No? Can you really tell me why Oraclize wouldn't do what LINK does?
Well? How is Oraclize going to do what link does?

you are essentially arguing to invest in the tokens that have the biggest names backing them.

link is advised by top academics and industry names like andrew miller, ari juels, evan chang. they have shown themselves capable of interacting with top industry players like SWIFT.

sure they don't have the support of the core ethereum team, but what makes you think this ethereum team is so special that they, only they, can succeed in this space going forward?

Your whole premise is that Vitalik is the only "trusted" name in crypto.
Until half a year ago, hardly anyone outside of autistic crypto forums had ever heard of him.

Crypto is only just beginning, trusted names will continue to pop up all the time.

And the very genesis of crypto, Bitcoin, is notorious precisely for not having had a trusted name attached to it for many years.

Your whole line of reasoning is retarded.

He's right idiot

Everything u said I agree eith, have an upboat

securities are priced by expectations of future discounted dividends/profits, not by supply and demand

k why dont you call up your boy vitalik and have him start working on one, I'm sure he'll be stoked after you suck his dick for a couple of hours.

None of your replies to the claim are satisfactory.

This is the crypto industry. The ONLY experience is crypto experience. No academic, military, corporate, or scientific experience is accepted. Crypto ONLY.

Reputation is not retarded when the reputation is earned. OMG is literally the best altcoin in existence. It's hardly a coincidence that it's backed by the entire Ethereum team.

Of course new named will pop up. Do you trust your ability to find them? Hope so.

If your analysis led you to fucking Sergey well, it's your money.

>GAS
>NEO
The first line of their blurb on the webpage.
>NEO is a non-profit
You realise that is so they can escape litigation for their scam right?

>OMG is literally the best altcoin in existence
>no product
LMAO

Thanks senpai. I appreciate your updates, really keeps us in perspective.
Here's the 3D logo if anyone wants it, we could really stand to improve our meme game.

>unqualified Starbucks barista as CEO

start thinking in mcap and sats desu

Tell me that in 2018

What's this "botted to shit" meme? In the end, if there's a demand, a bot can't keep the price down.

Thanks. Here is my 3D cube render if anyone wants to step up in the meme war.
Really appreciate your posts too, really puts things in perspective.

Thanks, man!

noice, was also thinking of making this

>hodl altcoins
Wew

Really good. I'll use it.

Just try to scalp link in binance and you will see what happens. An user in an earlier thread realized exactly what were the bots doing and began placing counter orders against the bots. When he placed an order that the bot couldn't counter binance just deleted his sell/buy order. It's easy. 90 percent of the link volume is in binance and the volume is decreasing. Another coin being a complete shitcoin would have at least double the marketcap link has now.
Link triple topped before the dump began. That's not normal

Well there's not a lot of demand right now.

bots are used, and should be used, for price stabilization

despite countless lemmings crying "Bot manipulation," i still have no idea how or why bots suppress the price of a coin to 50-80% LOWER than its "fair" price, for weeks on end.

Anyone willing to sell their LINK for cheap, bots eat it. Simply put.

and if that price is below link's true value, wouldn't it induce others to buy them up? then the bot loses

but of course Veeky Forums doesn't understand basic supply/demand, and subscribe to some bizarre ideas of bot voodoo magic

But the bots will eventually have to stop buying, let the price raise than then dump their link, right?

>new exchange
>only on binance

It's on Coss exchange too, silly willies

Because FOMO works that way. If you see a coin rising 10 percent a day you may wait to see if it drops. If it keeps rising and you see that it has partnerships lined up and the chance to go big you buy. You drive the price up and more people join so the moon mission begins.
Links moon mission was nipped in the bud. Whales dumped before Sibos and people panic sold driving the price down. But the same whales that dumped rebought again at cheaper prices. And now volume is drying. Most of the bagholders won't sell unless significant bad news come and there is no buy pressure unless good news arrive.
But ask yourself btc keeps rising because people assume it will keep rising. All it takes is some whales to agree on a price to dump hard and then a lot of people will panic sell. Whales will rebuy the cheap bitcoin and the cycle begins again.
The thing with Chainlink is that it had a massive dump without a proper moon mission.
Memes aside anyone that says that link is a shitcoin is retarded. Is one of the most promising coins at the current marketcap but it's a very long term hold and some don't want to take the opportunity cost and try trading other coins

Because everything has been overstated, you deluded fuckers see everything as a "partnership", as if Swift and Chainlink are now 50/50 operation LMAO. Swift has 100's of companies they are working with or testing applications with. All the other crap OP posted is also wildly overstated. WAKE UP. Price reflect reality. This is vaporware to be in dev for "a few years" as Sergey said himself "a few years" until release. It's dumped because no one wants to hold a 15cent bag for 3 years. Only down from here as nothing is delivered month after month.

Link went 5x ico
Why would whales crash it down to 80%? The only answer is there's no manipulation, no one wants to buy the shit

>mfw bought link yesterday
I'll never fall for biz memes again