Canned Sardines

How does one go about eating these? do you just snack on em? they seem to have top tier nutritional value

Other urls found in this thread:

snapguide.com/guides/make-fishermans-eggs/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What do they offer if you're already taking an Omega 3 supp

real omega 3. the stuff in the supplement you're taking has close to zero bioavailability and is a waste of money

still a great source of protein.

Is this true for fish oil capsules as well?

How does it have 0 biosjsnss?

With oysters I either eat them as is or put them on a cracker, I would assume the same for the rest but you might cut the fish into pieces.
Also make sure you use a fork or something because it's oily as anything

you open the fucking can and then you put it in your mouth and chew

???

shit nigger i know that, ive eaten them before, im just asking what they go with, they seem weird eating it on there own as a snack.

But the metal will make my mouth bleed

idk i just eat them like that.

sardines with a slice of cheese and bread sounds like a good combo i guess

What flavors do you guys tend to go for? also do you just go all out and eat one, or split it open and remove the spine first?

I am a canned fish aficionado these are probably the best canned fish

what others do you like? i usually just go for tuna or sardines.

Eat the spine. If you see eggs, avoid them. Yeah they're nutritious but they're like sand in your mouth.

Mackerel and pacific saury are the majority of my fish based calories. Asia makes some excellent cans that are basically beans in a can, sauce and sides included

the spine is like sand in your mouth also anyway, so you just sorta eat em as is as a snack? nothing else?

I treat sardines and oysters the same.

Never fucking cook them unless you want make your apartment smell like fish for two weeks. They are already cooked.

I like to
>mix them in with spaghetti noodles
>put them on a piece of toast
>put them on a piece of toast, then cover it with scrambled eggs
>make scrambled eggs, then put sardines ON TOP of the eggs....whoa
>put them in the rice you eat with your chicken
Basically they just go well with some type of grain.

Try not to overcomplicate it. Pic related, just got this captcha. No idea how to solve it, because cats consider everything to be furniture.

thanks user, will try them out.

Samefag. One more

Sardine sandwich:
>toast bread
>lay sardines on bread
>either mix mayonaise with spicy mustard or use horseradish mayonaise
>some type of green that's not lettuce, arugula is best

The spine isn't as bad as the roe. I eat 2 cans a day. Either as a snack before/after the gym, or as a lunch with other items that are more filling.

Oh god I love those. If only they weren't so expensive.

Get the Louisiana hot sauce flavor. I always get the Wal-Mart brand ones too, king Oscar is a scam.

I tend to eat them on crackers, and if I have normal sardines, I'll put hot sauce on it.

Is this really true? Thinking about getting some fish oil supplements soon.

Fishermans eggs
>snapguide.com/guides/make-fishermans-eggs/

>king Oscar is a scam.
only if you dont care about sustainability of our oceans and heavy metal ingestion.

Fuck I forgot to check replies to my disgusting recipe on the last thread about sardines. Thought I was hilarious t b h.

Dude king Oscar is over $2 a can...

I just eat them with saltine crackers

I honestly don't know if this was posted as a joke or if /fit really eats them this way. Found it on /fit.

It's an old Italian recipe
they're fucking delicious

Do you eat them whole or cut them up?

I put them on crackers. If I'm feeling really crazy I'll throw some guac on the cracker as well. Definitely a GOAT snack

They fall apart easily with a fork, you won't need a knife. I eat the bones too, as they're the best part. Not all brands have bones, but BeachCliff always does.

What do you think the fucking supplement is?

You can avoid the texture by just filling your ass with them directly.

I stock up on sardines. Got about 6 cans left. have them as snacks with crackers. Cheap and tasty.

Throw em in a blender with 200g of Greek yogurt

>not making food a top spending priority
They taste way better user and you dont notice the spines with them

I make this shit. It's good.

>making food a top spending priority
>buying canned food

Carefully pick one.

I live in Canada and used to get them in a tin with tomato sauce, tasted awesome.

A couple months ago though it seems they changed something about them and they smell like cat food and taste like shit now. Went from a decent snack to unbearable, threw away 20 tins.

Could anyone who lives in Canada possibly shed some light on this, it's been pissing me off for a while.

This one gets it. Put it on a piece of toast with some eggs, the texture and flavor mixes very well.

I enjoy just the sardines as well.

My father was a boxer and he got this meal from my grandfather, now I use it. chop up a meadium size tomato then chop up some onion and crush up the sardines and mix the three together. You can also add crackers if your feeling cocky, it's simple,fast,cheap,and very healthy / you could also use tuna or salmon instead of the sardines. I recommend you guys try it at least once before you pass on into the afterlife.

Do you cook this stuff or just eat it raw?

unless you live next door to a fishery, you're gonna have to buy them canned.

I just eat it raw

but what about all the guts and shit?

Canned sardines are cooked and cleaned. He didn't say he catches the fucking things himself, you sperg.

>chop up some fresh tomato, garlic, onion
>fry that shit up with your sardines in a saucepan (make sure the sardines are canned in tomato sauce)
>rice and scrambled eggs on the side

Never had canned fish aside from tuna, do they all have bones and skin and shit on them?

Nice try Satan.

>says to make sure theyre canned in tomato sauce
>the sauce's acidity is going to make metal leak into the food

>TIL tomato sauce is made with flourine

Yeah. Eat it, pussy.

No it's not true. Fish oil is litterally just a bunch of fatty fish (like sardines) boiled to get the oil out of them. It is effectively thr exact same thing as eating sardines just minus the protein and packing liquid.

I made these but I fucking hated them. I can't stand the taste of fish.

There used to be a brand with smaller whole fish in a mustard sauce.
I've never been able to find it since my youth.
They were amazing.

I see beach cliff and chicken of the sea sardines in mustard sauce all the time. Never tried though

Tell me about tuna, never tasted it before but today I've got a can for free along with a can of Sardines and an analog of these fuckers. I can exchange sardines and sprat for more tuna, should I?

You must be off your head on drugs, you mad cunt!

maybe it was that company only? what brand

I eat them with bread. a bit too strong tasting to be snacking on them alone for me

Mix a can with 3 eggs. Can barely taste the fish.

sardines in tomato sauce on toast, patrician snacking

sardine skin is super thin, you dont even notice it and the bones are so soft they just fall apart and you cant really differentiate them from the meat

canned sardines that is, if you get like bigger sardines at a restaurant the bones are tougher and you have to pick the flesh off

Suck em down like a clitoris.

put them on sandwich
goes well with hardboiled eggs and some kind of salad

Underrated post

Eat the bones it's extra calcium.

>have to eat canned fish outside because my roommates get mad about the smell
>always end up singing hobo songs and sprawling around the porch

It's a good way to spend an afternoon.

Is mercury poisoning a thing or can I eat them everyday? I want cheap macros.

they are pretty low on the food chain so they are pretty low in mercury

Maybe someone more educated on the the topic can give you further info but since sardines are small I think they have less mercury than bigger fish like tuna..

I have a stock of packaged sardines and anchovies as well as wuarts of raw oysters in my fridge at work. Its what I snack on all day. Top tier everything.

I prefer canned oysters. I eat them with a fork

It's like a crackers and cheese thing.

Lots of cheap protein, and less mercury than tuna.

>open rice cooker
>throw in a couple cups of brown rice
>toss in a few tins of sardines, oils and all
>add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, garlic, black pepper, white pepper, cayenne, and sesame oil, all to taste.
>fill up to necessary water level and cook
>enjoy a delicious, cheap, high protein meal and have your kitchen smell delicious for the next few days.

Not a clue about sardines, but I've eaten a can of tuna every day for the past three years (give or take an odd day off) with no signs of mercury poisoning - I would assume as sardines have less mercury they should be fine too?

Cracked lemon pepper herring best spice of omega 3s good protein too. It's the only one imo that doesn't taste like ass fish

Crackers
Mustard
Cheese
Horseradish

a very decent amount of calcium and protein

I eat sardines in mustard on rye crisp, rice, toast, cucumber slices, straight, in cup noodles, in diced tomatoes, on hashbrown patties, in salads, etc.

I eat at least 2 cans a day.