What a waste is sub - saharan africa

Imagine when the european powers started colonizing africa and there were no humans there.
Let's say , circa 1000 ad, a plsgue like the Black Plague hit all of africa and all africans died, leaving only animals in all of Sub - saharan africa.
You can build 3 United States there.
There is huge territory, not much natural disasters. lots of resources.

Other urls found in this thread:

agatlas.org/contents/farming-systems-of-africa/
sro.sussex.ac.uk/60072/
nap.edu/catalog/2305/lost-crops-of-africa-volume-i-grains
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>There is huge territory
Mostly jungle with some deserts.
You can't grow anything there
>lots of resources
mostly metals and other things that aren't really necessary if you can't feed your people

To be fair, the current United States is sub saharan Africa though.

It would be like the United States, if all the niggers were gone there'd potentially be another superpower there.

>boers grow there
>"you can't grow anything there"

between you and me folks I feel like affrica is wasted on the negroes because they are not intelligent, all of their countries are shitholes.
It's like a stupid autist rich kid who inherits a mansion but he doesn't know how to manage it so it falls to disrepair soon.
This in a nut shell africa.

>you can’t grow anything there

When only 16% of the soil in Africa is of high soil quality, saying you cant grow anything there is a bit hyperbolic. But it does express how hard it to grow decent crops without the advent of modern farming techniques like the Boers had. The Boers also lived in the more fertile parts of the continent as well.

That's comparable to (actually, almost the exact fucking same as) the percentage of the land in the United States that's arable.

I think that we all can agree folks that africa is wasted on the negroes.
If the White men was free to colonize it like it did in USA/Canada/Australia, it would be a great place
The United States of Africa perhaps

The United States is not the size of an entire continent. Also arable land is the land that can be tilled for food, soil quality judges the quality the soil is. They are not interchangeable, you can have arable land of low soil quality.

>Mostly jungle
>can't grow anything there

>Thinks he can farm edible crops in such a bio-diverse area

>You can't grow anything there

/leftypol/ is so fucking easy to spot.

I want you to try to clear an acre of Jungle land with no modern equipment and an ax. It would take significantly more time and energy than people had back then to use on such things.

You americans are so lucky.

The portuguese pretty much did it, you just cut the perimeter and burn it all down

Everybody knows it's unfair to expect niggers to achieve anything.

Ok, but they had a massive empire to fund those operations. For a small tribe or village this just isn't realistic.

What is soil resilience?

native American tribes were using controlled burns to clear land for crops
I think you meant to say "for a small IQ this just isn't realistic"

Native Americans as you are thinking didn't live in Jungles. The Amazonians were living similarly to the Kongolese and still are to this day.

This but unironically

Weeds and pests are abound in a jungle and heavy rainfall washes away nutrients. Slash and burn methods can alleviate these factors, though following fallow periods can last nearly a decade in some places.

Africa has shitty soil, shitty rainfall patterns, outrageously deadly wildlife, rife with famines and blights and droughts all over the place, and you basically have to cherrypick good land out if you want to get anything done and leave the rest to be wild land.

I don't doubt the ability of humanity to tame nature but it'd take a long time and probably still be a majority wild landscape by 2018 even if colonized 300 years ago. Think Australia, there's only small pockets of real settlement then a bunch of Abbos in between in the waste.

So if Africa was colonized earlier it would become Australia? That's pretty freaky to think about.. All those shitposters.

>You can build 3 United States there.

And you'll be constantly attacked by people who invented guns before you and then they finally leave you alone, but are dumping cheap corn in your countries putting farmers out of work so you take a loan out but then you realise that you can't pay it back because the loan said you had to open your markets up even more and you can't even build capacity because your spending all this money paying off the interest and don't dare default or you'll get bombed or couped.

Amazonians also burned jungle to plant.
They do it to this day.

Slash and burn is fairly new in the Amazon.

True

The wriong clade of E1b is occupying this land.

>Be African
>See thread

My mother always told me white men have no sanity

Bro it's easy. You need axes, people and fire.

Some questionable land developers would take like half a dozen dumb mutts and burn their new questionable land and they'd sell to coffee farmers. No more than axes and saws (not motorized, duh)

Yeah you mother knows me well

I'm white and I can confirm.

Soil resilience refers to the ability of a soil to resist or recover their healthy state in response to destabilising influences

We black gods shall be breeding their women who can't resist our BBCs soon enough, the end of the cracker is coming.

What is the Amazon

I've known quite a few black people I liked and respected. Poverty is a shame everywhere; and it will be very interesting to see what genotypes/phenotypes people choose from themselves, statistically, after widespread tissue engineering and replacement becomes commonplace.

Shame that so many people have to suffer while humanity struggles to build utopia though.

Africa has 60% of the world's arable land tho. They can feed themselves if they applied themselves.

There's plenty of arable land in Africa, especially in places like Kenya, Central Africa(Rwanda for example), and South Africa.

People also are fogetting that it surrounded by seas from all sides, making it easy to establish fishing industry.
And of course there is also cattle grazing possible

agatlas.org/contents/farming-systems-of-africa/

sro.sussex.ac.uk/60072/

nap.edu/catalog/2305/lost-crops-of-africa-volume-i-grains

West African Food in the Middle Ages: According to Arabic Sources by Tadeusz Lewicki

>Discussion of modern politics, current events, popular culture, or other non-historical topics should be posted elsewhere. General discussions about international culture should go on /int/.
>Veeky Forums is not /pol/, and Global Rule #3 is in effect. Do not try to treat this board as /pol/ with dates. Blatant racism and trolling will not be tolerated, and a high level of discourse is expected.
Will the mods do their job this time?