When people who aren't Veeky Forums give you weight loss advice

>"eating 100 calories of vegetables isn't the same as eating 100 calories of meat you won't get fat"
>"CICO isn't real, I've lost more than 10lbs in a week before"

Other urls found in this thread:

livestrong.com/article/473868-can-you-eat-too-much-lettuce/
today.com/health/60-days-nothing-spuds-leaves-advocate-21-lbs-lighter-2D80555614
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specific_dynamic_action
bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-the-macro-manager-what-is-thermic-effect.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC524030/
m.fasebj.org/content/27/9/3837.full
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_declension
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

stop being fat and you won't get unsolicited weight loss advice

I've never heard anybody outside of fit people talk about CICO.

because sheep dont like math

but... 100 calories of meat isn't the same as 100 calories of vegetables...

you're merely measuring their energetic density, not their makeup or constituent particles.

fuck you're dumb

Are you the idiot? Hes talking about it from a purely CICO standpoint. Sure 100 cals of meat will make you feel fuller for longer, but if you're trying to lose weight, it doesn't matter where the calories come from, just how many there are

macros/micros are 10x more important when cutting

you bloody plonker, it matters how readily it is absorbed, how much of it is, whether it is indigestible, water content, how filling it is and many other things.

Calories only measure how much of it there is, not its quality or substance.

No one got fat from eating vegetables.

NOT ALL CALORIES ARE CREATED EQUAL

>No one got fat from eating vegetables.
Are you legit retarded?

do you have any idea how many vegetables you'd have to eat to put on fat?

please show me ONE person who has ever gotten fat from eating vegetables.

You must be clinically braindead.

People only put on weight because they add either OIL or SUGAR to the vegetables.

Vegetables by themselves would wear down your teeth, make your jaw sore, and distend your stomach before you start to get fat from eating them.

It's physiologically unpossible.

That post made it sound like it's literally impossible to get fat from vegetables, which is untrue. It is VERY possible, just not very common. What's the fucking problem?

If you want to lose WEIGHT, the only thing that matters is caloric intake.

>thinking you have to be Veeky Forums to have knowledge
>PT's are usually dumb as shit and talk out there ass

bro just because you know how something works doesnt mean you have to act on it

people know smoking is bad but just dont give a fuck, it's the same thing

Do people really forget that potato is a vegetable?

IDK if it's happened but 'taters and avocado could get you there.

Doesn't matter. You can get morbidly obese from eating lettuce.

That would be a fuckton of lettuce.

Of course, and it would be hell to eat it, but it is very much possible.

Stop treating outliers like they represent all vegetables.

It's like saying all cars can go at 200mph.

A realistic diet of vegetables will not make you fat, no matter how much you consume, and you will be sated long before you imbibe enough calories.

NO YOU CANNOT
FUCKING GOOGLE IT
YOU WILL GET FULL BEFORE YOU GET OBESE
ITS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO CONSUME AND DIGEST THAT MUCH LETTUCE
LETTUCE IS MOSTLY WATER
AND YOU WILL GET CAROTENE OVERDOES LONG BEFORE YOU PUT ON WEIGHT
livestrong.com/article/473868-can-you-eat-too-much-lettuce/
JFC GTFO YOU BRAINDEAD KNOW-NOTHING

>20 posts
>12 IPs

pls go

Watch that blood pressure, dummy. Of course it's possible. Calories in>calories out=gaining weight. Doesn't matter if it's lettuce.

R U DUM
today.com/health/60-days-nothing-spuds-leaves-advocate-21-lbs-lighter-2D80555614

(answer: yes, you are dumb)

No, you bumbling idiot, it's physically impossible to consume and digest that much lettuce.
It's not a matter of eating "enough" of it to put on weight, but the fact is that we literally cannot due to biological and physical restrictions.
QED

inb4 a bigger stomach would allow you to eat more. you would also expend more energy naturally which would more than offset the increased digestive capacity.

Calories in>calories out=gaining weight. Are you not understanding? I think this is as simple as it can get. Maybe you should take an IQ-test?

inb4 samefag returns. I studied biochemistry and am not an idiot.

>this thread. 24 replies, 12 posters. 1 (at least) massive idiot. irrational hatred for veggies and no common sense or desire to eat healthy

I'm just enjoying the show

THAT IS NOT TRUE YOU FUCKING IDIOT

CALORIES ARE JUST A MEASURE OF ENERGY DENSITY. NOT DIGESTIBILITY, ABSORPTION OR BIOAVAILABILITY.

IF THE CALORIES ARE INDIGESTIBLE YOU WILL NOT PUT ON WEIGHT. GOD YOU ARE STUPID.

FURTHERMORE, THE VOLUME AND WEIGHT OF VEGETABLES TO CALORIES MEANS YOU COULD NOT CONSUME ENOUGH VEGGIES TO PUT ON FAT.

Doctors and nutritionists will tell you it all the time. It's just misleading to say "calories in, calories out" because a doctor is implying that you can eat 1800 calories of macdonalds and burn 2000 calories, then you will lose weight. Obviously a doctor is not going to recommend this because that is unhealthy as fuck. That's why you don't hear it often. The principle is true, but it just misleads people into believing it isn't.

fugg. 140 IQ here. wbu?

>IF THE CALORIES ARE INDIGESTIBLE YOU WILL NOT PUT ON WEIGHT. GOD YOU ARE STUPID.
But lettuce is digestible, dummy.

>FURTHERMORE, THE VOLUME AND WEIGHT OF VEGETABLES TO CALORIES MEANS YOU COULD NOT CONSUME ENOUGH VEGGIES TO PUT ON FAT.
What are you even talking about lmao. Of course it's possible. Also watch that blood pressure.

I'm operating in the Bogdanoff dimension, breh.

Dude you can't eat 50 pounds of lettuce a day. It isn't going to happen. We're talking about eating a third to a quarter of your body weight here, not just a particularly large salad.

Not all parts of food are digestible.
This is especially true of vegetables.

And you can put rocket fuel in a car to make it technically go very fast, but it will probably blow up the car.
Same principle applies with lettuce and veggies. Whilst it is technically possible, it is statistically impossible.
You would have to eat more vegetables than you have time or space to digest.
You would have to eat several times your digestive tracts volume and eat it continously and digest it near instantly, for example.
It is prohibited by the laws of biology and common sense.

You might as well say "why can't humans grow extremely large or small"?

so an idiot, basically.

ironic because they were outed as utterly fraudulent and basically pulling it out of their ass

>inb4 eating 4 cubic ft of solid lettuce mass to gain weight. For a start you would die of liver failure due to beta-carotene overdose.

The question isn't if it's viable, it's if it is possible at all, which it is.

Well you could dehydrate it. You gotta think outside the box. Also the question is "Is it possible to get fat from eating vegetables alone?" The answer is, yes, if you are eating enough calories, you will get fat. What's the problem here?

No, it's already been established that you would die from poisoning before reaching that stage, and that it is literally and physically impossible.

It literally isn't, you'd use more energy chewing and digesting than you'd gain. It's liiiiterally not possible.

>if you are eating enough calories, you will get fat.

This is patently untrue. Please study before posting nonsense. Calories are a measurement of energy. You could eat thousands of calories of rocks and bark and you would not get fat. At all.

I literally did lose 10lb+ in a week.

Adderrall + 400 Calorie daily max. (oats, fish, vitamins, and a metric fuckton of water)

>You can get morbidly obese from eating lettuce

no, you can't. 1lb of lettuce is 63 calories

your stomach would literally explode from all the lettuce you have to eat to even get past 500 calories in one day, you stupid fucking faggot

stop posting and kys

kek this sounds awesome and dangerous as fuck

im 10lb away from my goal. would be dope to have that in a week

That's what everyone keeps saying but I feel fucking great. Only noticeable difference is that If I do exercise, I feel the doms a lot harder. But for working long hours in a sedentary dev job I think it works. (Pretty sure anyone working in manual labor would keel over)

I lost 8 kg in a month... I didn't even plan to diet, nor did I exercise. But as a skelly I suppose it's not much of a surprise.

If CICO worked, you could bulk with coal and gasoline.

Obviously, it's not how many calories you eat but how many you actually digest and metabolize. This is different for every individual, hence some lose weight on low carb or low fat and for others, it doesn't have any effect.

The calories listed on the nutrition facts only take into account those that are usable by the human body (at least, they are in the U.S. Dunno about you other countries out there). When your nutrition label says "100 Calories", you're getting 100 Calories. And, ultimately, CICO does work. The CO just may not always be perfectly known.

I was really studied in nutrition and general fitness science long before i got swole desu so this post makes me sad

but that example is retarded, fuck whoever said that

LMAO at this entire thread

>digestibility, absorption or bioavailability

You're getting into broscience now fatty. You may want to watch that lettuce intake.

I've had this in work about a year ago when I started my neverending diet. (weighed 290lbs) and had various colleagues telling me that what I was doing was wrong, that I should try xyz fad diet, that I was being too hard on myself by cutting out bread and was guaranteed to fail.

Year and a bit later I'm nearly 100lbs down and packing on muscle and they're all asking me for advice. Feelsgood.

That's the exact opposite of how that works.

>Thermic effect of food

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specific_dynamic_action
>bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-the-macro-manager-what-is-thermic-effect.html
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC524030/

TLDR: Fats require 2.5% of the energy consumed to digest, Carbs 10%, and Protein 25%. That means that for every 100 calories of protein, your body burns 25 just digesting it. This is the primary reason why high protein diets burn more fat. Proof:

>m.fasebj.org/content/27/9/3837.full

Each group ate the same amount of calories on a cut, but one group ate x2 RDA protein, the other x3. The x3 group lost more weight than the x1 and x2 groups despite eating the same amount of calories, but they also lost more muscle than the x2 group because the increase in the thermic effect raised their deficit higher than they could sustain without burning more muscle as fuel.

This is why some skeletons (the few that actually do calculate correctly) have issues gaining weight - their TDEE is higher than expected not due to "metabolism" but diet. For perspective, 250g of protein = 250 extra calories burned on top of your normal TDEE. Generally, less processed foods are more difficult for your body to break down thus increasing the Thermic Effect. This is also why it's easier to gain weight on McDonalds than clean food and lose weight on clean food than McDonalds.

So to the OP, 100 calories of vegetables -
mostly carbs - is actually a net 90 calories post digestion whereas 100 calories of lean meat is only 75, or 17% less calories. For average sedentary people with a TDEE of 2200 who barely intake 60g of protein/day, this would only amount to an increase of ~150 if split 10/45/45 - p/c/f. For someone building muscle at a TDEE of 2600 and a split of 30/50/20, this would add 240 kcal to your TDEE.

>TLDR, TLDR

A calorie is not a calorie and CICO by itself is not an effective way of tracking weight loss.

just my $0.02 but i'm smashing off the kg's with fresh juice and the occasional chicken titty for lunch and i'm seeing way better results by chugging a literal assload of veggies into my system round the clock and small amounts of raw protein like egg white scrambled egg and chicken breast than i was when i was eating a purely keto diet that was heavily calorie controlled

said keto diet had fuck all carbohydrates and minimal sugars but a shitload of protein yet I stagnated on weight loss despite not changing my cardio habits during the day
(inb4cardiokillsgains)

my two cents is that cut out carbohydrates if your a lardass like me, cram down as many veggies as you can stomach and cheat meals become clean protein at lunch time

>rocket fuel into car
>rocket fuel is RP-1
>RP-1 is Kerosene with more narrow specifications
>Kerosene is Diesel with more narrow specifications
>Diesel car will run just fine on RP-1
>not faster but exactly normal

TL;DR
Protein/coffeine diet is king

>is these boy woman putins chief hacker
How’s my Deutsch coming along?

Your german is actualy pretty bad.
"junge" is a adjective not a noun.
it is the nominatvie singular femininum of "jung" wich means young.
Also "diese" is singular as well..

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_declension

Posts anime pic and is retarded. Checks out.

>>"eating 100 calories of vegetables isn't the same as eating 100 calories of meat you won't get fat"
It actually isn't.

if you pressed it into a dried up lettuce pellet then maybe you could eat enough to get fat

>"eating 100 calories of vegetables isn't the same as eating 100 calories of meat you won't get fat"

But it's true, every % of fiber reduces the digestibility by 1,8%, when you eat 100 kcal of vegetable you in reality absorb less energy than 100kcal of meat.

It's possible if you are a cow or a dinosaur maybe but not for a human, maybe with fruits but definitely not with vegetables.