Red pill me on saturated fat

>Red pill me on saturated fat
Is it good for testosterone

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6538617
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturated_fat_and_cardiovascular_disease_controversy#Systematic_reviews
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0039128X11003874
bmj.com/content/314/7074/112.long
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No

Yes it is.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6538617

Marginally. Enjoy your heart disease.

>diets changed from what they usually ate to an experimental diet with different foods that they probably didn't enjoy for 6 weeks

The stress of the diet change alone could have produced that tiny decrease

>thinking saturated fat causes heart disease and not over-consumption of simple carbohydrates
Are you stuck in the year 1981?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturated_fat_and_cardiovascular_disease_controversy#Systematic_reviews

Enough evidence to support the notion that SFA is associated with heart disease and its reduction reduces your risk of morality.

>foods that they probably didn't enjoy for 6 weeks
>stress of the diet change

You sound like a real live scientist.

After tens of thousands of years of evolution, please explain why obesity only became a problem and epidemic after carbohydrates were promoted as healthy and fats were demonized?

>if one thing is bad for you, nothing else is

Twinkies are healthy because SODA is what's REALLY bad for you

I'll never eat saturated fat again. The risk of being moral is way too great it appears. Thank you for this article.

>after tens of thousands of years of evolution, please explain why obesity only became a problem and epidemic after carbohydrates were promoted as healthy and fats were demonized?

So much misrepresented in one sentence. I don't know what that even has to do with what we're talking about but okay.

Rates of obesity increase across the world mainly as a country's wealth increases. Access to abundant high-calorie foods and decreases in physical activity lead to growing rates of overweight and obesity.

As for "carbohydrates" as a single thing being promoted as healthy, there are some sources of carbohydrate promoted as healthy (whole grains, fruits) and some as unhealthy (refined grains, processed sugars). People prefer refined grains and processed sugars, which also tend to be more calorie dense. Carbohydrates have also been eaten abundantly throughout human history without causing epidemics of obesity, so I don't know what that point was supposed to be.

>and fats were demonized?

There's different types of fat. Poly and mono-unsaturated fat are pushed pretty hard actually. Saturated and trans fats are discouraged, because they're unhealthy. Fats are also very calorie dense, and fat intake tends to go up in countries with growing rates of obesity as well.

Those studies are interesting. but I must be an odd-ball, because I've eating a low-carb , high-fat (mostly saturated fat) diet for almost two years now and my LDLs and triglycerides have decreased significantly.

> I must be an odd-ball, because I've eating a low-carb , high-fat (mostly saturated fat) diet for almost two years now and my LDLs and triglycerides have decreased significantly.

I assume you ate that diet to lose weight. Losing weight alone can lower your LDL and triglycerides. To lower them to an optimal level and keep them there is much harder to do.

You are losing your argument now.
You're saying that the intake of saturated fat isn't the problem but your body weight is.

And you're saying that you can eat fewer carbohydrates to lose the weight but hinting that you should eat more carbohydrates to keep the weight off.

I know you are a scientist and not some angsty vegan retard, so allow me to ask you, what?

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0039128X11003874

tl;dr it increases testosterone but causes insulin resistance which decreases testosterone receptor density.

>You're saying that the intake of saturated fat isn't the problem but your body weight is.

No, both are a problem. You were likely both fat and eating a high saturated fat diet beforehand. You cut out processed carbs and lost weight, which caused your bloodwork to improve. That doesn't mean you wouldn't see further improvement if you also ate a healthier low-saturated fat diet. As I said "to lower them to an optimal level and keep them there is much harder to do." Isocaloric replacement of saturated fat by poly/mono-fats or carbohydrate lowers LDL.

bmj.com/content/314/7074/112.long

>And you're saying that you can eat fewer carbohydrates to lose the weight but hinting that you should eat more carbohydrates to keep the weight off.

You're again using the word carbohydrates too ambiguously. The type of carbohydrates you stopped eating, I'm sure you're better off cutting out. You can lose weight AND independently improve your health by eating healthy sources of carbohydrates. Cupcakes and oatmeal are not the same thing.

Is that good or bad?

>Responding to blatant shitposting
Baka user desu

Eating saturated fat on purpose against pretty much all nutritional advice for a small (if any) testosterone increase seems pretty retarded to me.

Sugar is the devil
fats are okay in moderate - small doses
trans fats are a big nono
carbs are fine but complex carbs are better

Fatties gonna fat
Fatties gonna research their bias
Fatties gonna do literally everything in their lower conscious and subconsciously to cosign their own bullshit
You are a broken human
Stop trusting yourself
Also while your reading this get over that whole subtle narcissism thing it's not subtle in any way

Good argument retard.
Baka user gtfo btfo lmfao lol kek desu... more letters with no debate...