If you had to choose ONE exercise for the back, what would it be?

If you had to choose ONE exercise for the back, what would it be?

Pullups/chinups You could get the same result probably with any back exercise given enough time and effort. but provided you can overload via adding weights, pullups/chins are probably the most efficient, convenient and effective of the lot.

Weighted chin-ups for sure.

hyperextensions

deadlifts

dabbing

Which ever will help me get a cute gf. I think that would be... pull ups?

Just shrugs so I can enter frogmode

This.

Bent over rows

Deadlift, every time, every day, I fucking love deadlifts.

Don't make me do it, user. I love my back exercises, I could never give them up for just one.

Pendlay rows, chin ups, pull ups, pulldowns, bent over rows, snatch pulls, clean pulls, deadlifts, shrugs, DB rows, I love them all.

unbelievable that Veeky Forums had to take 3 replies before getting to the only true real response.

>used the pic of the shittest row variant

If you can train your legs as much as you want but have to pick one back exercise mate, I'd still have to go with weighted pull-ups, or chins with neutral grip.
Yeah, you can't recreate everything that the deadlift does with leg exercises, but you can hit and awful lot of what it does with leg exercises. You can't recreate that upper back pull without a rowing motion of some kind though. It's up for debate whether pull-ups/chin-ups/bent over rows are best for that, and while deadlifts do engage the lats, it's not the same movement required.

A man of culture

>anything but rack pulls above the knee
where my /naturally enhanced/ niggas at

sup alphadestiny

Neutral grip chin/pull ups. All you need really

heavy door pulling

Farmers walk

What's their medical condition?

Being short.

Being blacked

Rows.

You have spinal erectors as in the deadlift (not working at the same level but...) traps, lats, rotator cuffs... man rows are goat.

whats the left girls name again?

high rows probs

fuck i ch0oked up me water lads
fuck yall

elsa jean i thnk

Kroc rows

lat pulldown bby

i've seen rack pulls recommended by a lot of people for back thickness. doing them above the knee only makes sense if you're trying to maximize back gains because it takes most of the legs out of the lift.

TBar Row is godtier for back

Elsa jean homeboi

chinups, pullups, dumbbell rows are a back exercise

deadlifts hit hamstrings, glutes, quads (through a short ROM but still), low back, mid back, traps, forearms, they hit pretty much anything that isn't an upper body pulling muscle either directly or as a stabilizer

hard to lump them in as just a back exercise

that isn't an upper body pushing muscle**