Even fucking BOOGIE knows that ketogenic diets are the way to go

Even fucking BOOGIE knows that ketogenic diets are the way to go.

What's your excuse for not being on a keto diet right now, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28030918
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2213231714000925)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3906816/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4449222/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23229740
cell.com/cell-metabolism/abstract/S1550-4131(14)00062-X
pastebin.com/f54AG18Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have only met fat people in real life who talk about keto.

I did keto to end a 6 month long cut, works really well to lose fat, but it ain't good for your health.
Ketosis produces ketonic bodies and your body doesn't like that

>no-carb diet
>leaves only protein and fats
>"I also replace the fats with proteins"
So boogie ate nothing but lmao20scoops per day?

I felt crabby on it and it didn't do my kidneys any favors. Was on it for about 6 months.

How is this an argument for keto exatcly?

>follow this obese person's diet

Really makes me almond

this is bullshit. ketones are only a po
roblem if they're a consequence of ketoacidosis

He realizes fat is important for diets right?

You're going to be hungry as fuck if all you do is eat 1000 calories of protein a day.

Also on top of that all proteins will be replaced by carbs

If he was following any diet he would lose a couple hundred pounds overnight. So we know hes cheating on whatever diet hes supposed to be doing.

cus boogie is on it and i don't wanna look like boogie

He's getting weight loss surgery on July 25th, so he will probably start losing weight after that date.

Keto diets arent good for your health

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28030918

" A wider use of the ketogenic diet may be limited by the number of early adverse effects (gastrointestinal distress, acidosis, hypoglycaemia, dehydration and lethargy), and late adverse effects (hyperuricaemia, hyperlipidaemia, kidney stones, easy bruising, and decreases in height and weight). Recently, data are available on the negative impact of the ketogenic diet on the qualitative characteristics of lipoprotein subfractions which points to the atherogenic fenotype as a new side-effect. In conclusion, future research directed to the proper identification of patients (in terms of age, epilepsy type and duration, recommended antiepileptic drugs) is necessary to answer the title question."

STOP PUSHING THAT SHIT.
Do keto to end a cut, nothing more nothing less faggots

I just eat less.

>taking diet advice from this guy
Yeah okay mate

don't crossfitters talk about it a lot?
I'd go keto for a qt crossfit girl desu

well he has done every diet

he will die because of the surgery.

Tons of people get weight loss surgery with zero issues. Why do you think boogie will die during his? You're an idiot.

Because only fat people would think eating massive amounts of meats dipped in cheese counts as a diet

>B-BUT IT'S THE GOOD KIND OF FAT

I'm not taking diet advice from fucking boogie

Because he is so overweight the surgery is actually life threatening and it took him a lot of effort to find someone willing to perform the surgery.

replacing fatty flesh with protein is a step in the right direction, but all it really means is that his body will use the protein to make more fat.

well that's just because science is fatphobic and it's science's fault that operating theatres are smaller than the colosseum.

Now that I think about it how will his tiny stapled stomach ever handle any fiber? He's gonna permanent keto until his organs fail.

STOP MAKING FUN OF BOOGIE. STOP THE HATE.

Literally what the fuck did he ever do to you?

Czech'd

well then once he dies and cuts his diet to 0 cals/day, he'll start losing weight

If you have the willpower to stick to keto then you also have the willpower to sit through an evening with my aunt Gertrude, and for that, I commend you. Carbs are not your enemy.

>your body doesn't like
>its preferred fuel source

>following the diet of a morbidly obese sack of shit with literally 0 self control or dignity
you got for it dude

and nothing has worked

I'm going shopping for keto shit tomorrow.

What the fuck do I buy besides lunch meat, chicken, beef, and cheese?

a noose

I already have that.

Who's going to PAY, though?

>A wider use of the ketogenic diet ... and decreases in height and weight).

>The clinical effectiveness of the ketogenic diet has been confirmed in a number of clinical trials carried out mainly on children.

>Study doesn't provide citations for these claims

Lemme break it down for you.

>early adverse effects (gastrointestinal distress, acidosis, hypoglycaemia, dehydration and lethargy)
>gastrointestinal distress
Minor, goes away on its own.
>acidosis
Acidosis of what. The blood? The stomach? The semen?
>hypoglycaemia
Yes, you'll be in a state of hypoclycaemia when you start transitioning into keto. For a healthy person, this should not be an issue and will resolve itself.
>dehydration
Kidneys aren't holding onto electrolytes, thus water retention is reduced dramatically, drink more and get more electrolytes.
>lethargy
Goes away on its own.

>late adverse effects (hyperuricaemia, hyperlipidaemia, kidney stones, easy bruising, and decreases in height and weight).
>hyperuricaemia
"A purine-rich diet is a common but minor cause of hyperuricemia. Diet alone generally is not sufficient to cause hyperuricemia."[Brulé D, Sarwar G, Savoie L (1992)]
High chance of genetic predominance.
>hyperlipidaemia
Either genetic or caused by preexisting conditions (like diabetes and kidney disease) and exacerbated by a high-fat diet.
>kidney stones
Dehydration is a common cause of kidney stones, see above. There are other factors, but very few (likely none at all) are getting enough electrolytes on a keto diet to have serious issues.
>Easy bruising
Rather, more persistent and slow-healing bruising. This is the only claim that's not ridiculous and impractical.

A ketogenic diet does reduce cellular NADPH genesis (sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2213231714000925) which does slow down bruise healing.

> decreases in height and weight
As expected, still need a citation for "height."

Acidosis as a stand alone always refers to blood acidosis, and the fact that you have are suggesting to drink even more water when your kidneys aren't already holding mineral is pure madness

I'm retarded and didn't read get more electrolytes.

Get it through your thick skull, keto diets are unhealthy as fuck for the average adult.

Consumption of a high fat diet is associated with altered microbial diversity and reduced synaptic plasticity, and with increased vulnerability to anxiety-like behaviour in mice.

High protein intake is linked to increased cancer, diabetes, and overall mortality.

Stop promoting this meme diet.

>keto diet
>minus fat
>+more protein
Isnt is just a pure protein diet a that point???

It's np.

On your acidosis clarification, the most common is from diabetes mismanagement. Alcoholic ketoacidosis is not relevant to non-alcoholics and starvation ketoacidosis is poorly studied.

>Consumption of a high fat diet is associated with altered microbial diversity and reduced synaptic plasticity, and with increased vulnerability to anxiety-like behaviour in mice.

This is lying with statistics 101. Unless you have p-values and comparisons, the "associated," "altered" (with absolutely no connotation), "reduced," "increased vulnerability," "x-like" are all meaningless and impractical in non-laboratory conditions.

>High protein intake is linked to increased cancer, diabetes, and overall mortality.

You'll have to link me to these studies. The ones I've read are self-reported by people over 50 and a mice study (IGF-1 on tumor growth -- not causative for humans).

But this is a bodybuilding board and you won't find any anti-protein sentiments here.

One.....last................burger

Psmf

Be fat on my planet

I don't think boogie can handle anything under 6000cals/daily.

Lyle needs to update his book and get a Cat 4 [Terminally Obese] for Boogie and like.

>Doing keto
>Test goes to the drain
Shoo shoo

>altered microbial diversity
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3906816/
>reduced synaptic plasticity
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4449222/
>increased vulnerability to anxiety-like behaviour in mice
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23229740

>High protein intake is linked to increased cancer, diabetes, and overall mortality.
cell.com/cell-metabolism/abstract/S1550-4131(14)00062-X

>cell.com/cell-metabolism/abstract/S1550-4131(14)00062-X
>self-reported
>no comparison numbers
>These results suggest that low protein intake during middle age followed by moderate to high protein consumption in old adults may optimize healthspan and longevity.

The graphs show the decrease being negligible in anything but diabetes. This is only relevant to those at-risk or old (at-risk).

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23229740
Mice studies are only causative to mice.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4449222/
>inducing obesity in mice
>brain signal impairment
Obesity is known to cause insulin resistance and to bring about the impairments discussed therein.
Mice studies are only causative to mice.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23229740
>More mice studies
>More induced obesity
>More "much less is known about the impact of diet on the metabolic potential of gut microbiota"

The study set-out to document the changes in gut microbia in high-fat diets. It did this pedantically well, but that's all it did. There are no take-aways on how this change may affect the host .

>mice study only apply to mice

no user, that is not how you debunk science. Mice may not be men, but a lot of chemical processes and whatever are nearly the same as with them and us. They are usually nearly tertiary evidence, to some more close processes, as secondary.

>Mice studies are only causative to mice.
WTF you convinced me that these serious health concerns couldn't possibly be a concern for humans as well!

Possible Concern != Probable Concern | Possible Concern != Practically Applicable to Humans

>mice study only apply to mice
Re-read: Mice studies are only causative to mice.

This doesn't mean there is no cross-applicability to humans, only that the effect is certain to be reproducible in mice.

They can be a gateway and a valid concern to get funding for human studies, but before then they're not practical and should not be relied on heavily as a counter-point for human consumption of protein -- only in mice.

Nothing works because he starts a diet and two hours later he does a Francis video where he eats 5000 calories of trash in a single minute.

well in the absence of primary evidence pieces, secondary and tertiary are applicable. It is such the case here I wonder? The gut is a understudied topic

pastebin.com/f54AG18Q

but on a different subject of health, the evidence pieces (some nearly near shill levels) are in my mind still quite worrying.

But additional evidence against the diet could be seen in the cortisol response towards lacking carbs. It suggesting that perhaps the keto diet is only an emergency, secondary food mechanism and that perhaps most of us are not carnivores (also not herbivores)

there is plenty of evidence that the keto diet speeds up weight loss though, but its downsides are varied and quite known as well, its just not a long term diet.

>well in the absence of primary evidence pieces, secondary and tertiary are applicable. It is such the case here I wonder? The gut is a understudied topic

This creates loose-footing for argument and the results will be shady at best, for either side.

>pastebin.com/f54AG18Q

I fully appreciate the importance of gut microbia composition, however that avenue is moot until someone takes the time to cross-reference the mice study compositions with "bad" compositions, from other studies, that are known to cause adverse affects.

>there is plenty of evidence that the keto diet speeds up weight loss though, but its downsides are varied and quite known as well, its just not a long term diet.

Yes. People will have to make an informed choice on the matter and chose themselves.

What about keto with a refeed day one meal a week? Would the refeed negate the rest of the week? I know a ton of people on keto stick to it 24/7 for years.

The refeed is unlikely to negate the affects of the diet.

The process of ketogenic adaptation cannot be reversed with one carb binge.

thanks trips bro. I've already had 1 kidney stone and that shit sucked. But being fat is much worse on my body.

The debate about the utility of model organisms will never end, and a model is simply that: it is not the human. But there is no denying that the information produced from model organism studies has had a profound and lasting impact on human health, and will continue to do so.

Good luck.

I have no qualms here.

>my body prefers ketones
>not glucose
Your retarted

I did a 3 week keto thing, and also had a caloric defecit. And I also ran a lot. It flew me like crazy and removed like 5 points from the BMI range. Was well worth it. You will feel terrible though, like death, if you push yourself so far.

I think the best way to get into this is to first do a few days on keto, then get back to normal, increase to a few more days, then a week, then two weeks and then you could stomach all of this a little bit better for the end push.

But if you have a job, forget it lol. You could better take vacation or become a neet or something. Your moods will become quite a bitch to deal with.

I lost 100 pounds on keto

My blood sugar and triglycerides all went down

And your test

>Torturing yourself just to get more more water and muscle loss (and less fat loss) than a mixed diet.

Makes sense that Boogie would be on such a retarded diet.

where is that from? I've always gained muscle on keto, and lost an ass ton from fasting.

You spent 2 weeks in the keto flu at least, which is basically torture while your body switches fuel sources.

Once your body adjusts, it's great.

The keto starts when you start pissing like crazy, well after that period. And when it happened I managed to keep at at near the 3 weeks range yea.

Been on keto for months now, i've leaned out quite a bit and have had no adverse effects that I can tell.

I'm no expert, but there's plenty of guides on how to keto without getting this thread all up in your body.

>supplement electrolytes
this mostly means sodium and potassium
>drink water
you will need to drink about double what you normally would
>supplement fiber
people say keto shits are generally terrible, but it's all about fiber.

well I doubt you have a chemical lab to test your testosterone, cortisol and a bunch of other things from before and after keto

I don't, you're right.

I'm not developing a vagina as far as I can tell, anyways.

Taking health advice from Boogie.

Yeah, okay.

Well shit, if Keto lowers test, what's the best diet to cut on?

Only temporarily. Perhaps if you eat enough whey it wont matter that much. But otherwise, intermittent fasting.

yeah looks like he's getting great results from it XD

PAY

>ketogenic diet
>without fat
>replaced fat with even more protein

If the survives the surgery, then his diet will kill him

>protein is now considered a bad thing
How does it feel to be retarted?

I don't know why you're bothering with this shit when a protein sparing modified fast for quick cuts and a pseudo-paleo long term diet cover everything you need.

I've tried keto, great for fat loss and short term stretches but rekts your training.

But we wuz hunters and sheit

You aren't supposed to only eat protein user

Taking diet advice from fat people.

Pick your arbitrary calorie deficit goal.
Within that goal, eat enough protein.
Limit carb intake to 20-25% of calorie intake.
Get the rest of intake from fats.

Keto is fucking retarded. You don't need any stupid special "diet" to lose weight, just track calories and eat less you fat imbeciles.

Well yeah, the only people who really should be doing keto are fatties and diabetics.

>implying Boogie knows the reason he's overweight
He'll just abandon the diet sooner or later and balloon right back up.

You're like the roider who says it's okay to roid as long as you're smart about it.

Sides are sides no matter how fucking smart you are. You autistic fucks think that because you're young and your body can handle the sides thay you're not doing damage but I have really bad fucking news for your midlife pal.

Kek

normal or activated?

Because all diets work as long as you eat in a caloric deficit

Taxpayer burden paying for his bullshit.

Not memeing

>obese retard gets memed by meme diet

GUYS EVEN HIM KNOWS. I can tell the lack of carbs is giving you brain fog.

That's not Keto that's PSMF. Holy shit, you guys.

It's because fat people are actually retarded, can't comprehend the idea of a sensible diet, and need to be on some fad diet.

Keto for weight loss in normal circumstances is an extreme diet only fat retards do

>Really makes me almond
You breathing and living makes me almond. slit your throat and watch yourself bleed to death in the mirror.Faggot

>I already have that.
Make use of it then you asshole.

Cold cuts (i.e. Salami, Pepperonni, salami milano is specially delicious), brazil nuts and peanuts, olives and olive oil, bacon, sausages, burguer patty, avocado, broccolli, lettuce, tomatos, cauliflower and eggs

together with pork, cheese and fatty cow cuts it's what i'm eating, i'm one week in and planning on doing a month for ending a cut

Also forgot to mention mushrooms, fatty fishes and chicken with skin

do you even read these studies?
High-fat diet (HFD)-induced obesity
Literally the first 5 words in the study tell you that this isnt a ketogenic diet its a high fat diet that leads to obesity(so high in sugars as well). So obviously high fat + high sugar is really bad for you.
The only time where carbs are actually useful is 30min-1hour before high intensity work, every other type of physical activity is performed better when burning ketones for energy.

Imo the best diet is intermitent fasting with either keto or lowcarb.
IF is the biggest contributor, I did that for 7 months before I started doing keto and it helped a ton with concentration.
Keto was okay even in the first couple of weeks but I suspect that's because I had been doing IF for so long my body was kinda used to running low on glucose as I didnt eat bread/sugary stuff.
Since starting keto (4 months now) I have better concentration, a skin condition that I have had for over 4 years has cleared up, I sleep ~7 hrs down from 9 and feel much more rested, my allergies have almost resolved themselves completely.
Maybe some of these are coincidental, even so the studies are overwhelmingly in the favour of keto, if they are done properly and take into account the time it takes to become keto adapted.