I fucked up my lower back six months ago, diagnosed with sprained/strained lower back ligaments...

I fucked up my lower back six months ago, diagnosed with sprained/strained lower back ligaments. I did physical therapy and since then I've not lifted.

Yesterday I got the same injury(feels the same) at work. I wasn't lifting anything heavy. How do I heal my lower back and prevent this from happening in my daily life and when I go back to lifting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WIkwxZhwltU
pastebin.com/CBXmv7y4
startingstrength.com/article/back_rehab_a_case_study
youtube.com/watch?v=4BOTvaRaDjI&t=23s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I tried this, and it helped me a little bit, to recover from a bad mattress and bad chair. I never really completely destroyed it or anything, just long mediocre to small amount of pain with all the function more or less.

youtube.com/watch?v=WIkwxZhwltU

Thank you, but I am talking about a legitimate back injury, not back pain.

Yes

>fixing my broken back

Think it applies to your thing as well.

post high quality braphogs

I started getting a strain in my mid back from work after I stopped lifting for a few months
Ive been working out again and it's been improving
It might need stimulation to recover

Not qualified to give advice at all, but did fuck my back at 19 and now it's my strongest bodypart.

1. Make sure you're not putting any unnecessary strain on your back. Get a good mattress, and only use one small pillow. The video below helped me a TON, but start slow - it's really intense. They have more basic videos I think.

2. When you go to bed, lie on your back with your knees up for 10 minutes or so. Takes the strain out of your back completely - which almost never happens day to day.

3. Focus on back strengthening at the gym - lower back extensions especially. Deadlifts too, but don't rush into them. Start with low weight and high reps.

4. Look after yourself generally too. Eat and sleep well - if you're tense and worried that'll make things a lot worse. If you are quite tense, download the Headspace app and try out meditation. Works wonders.

Good luck OP, take it easy

>Bill Starr's Rehabbing The Lower Back
pastebin.com/CBXmv7y4

>SS.com's Back Rehab: A Case Study
startingstrength.com/article/back_rehab_a_case_study

The best advice I've found by far is to buy some vitamin C powder and try to take 8-10 grams per day - it's been a breakthrough for my herniated disc. Good luck user

Thank you

youtube.com/watch?v=4BOTvaRaDjI&t=23s

Forgot vid. Understand its a full on injury so listen to the doc first, just work on that stuff when you can