It is alleged that Timur's tomb was inscribed with the words, "When I rise from the dead, the world shall tremble...

>It is alleged that Timur's tomb was inscribed with the words, "When I rise from the dead, the world shall tremble." It is also said that when Gerasimov exhumed the body, an additional inscription inside the casket was found, which read, "Whomsoever opens my tomb shall unleash an invader more terrible than I." In any case, three days after Gerasimov began the exhumation, Adolf Hitler launched Operation Barbarossa, the largest military invasion of all time, upon the Soviet Union.

Timur's 75mm artillery armed elephants still give me nightmares to this day

And one I farted and told my friends something terrible was about to come. Then 9/11 happened.

Even if you don't believe in paranormal shit.

Timur's tomb story is pretty fucking crazy, the mere fact that Op. Barbarosa began a few days after being discovered, and ended a few days after body was returned.
Shit sounds like it's from a horror movie.

Pics?

>hurr post pics from the 14th century

Total war medeval 2 , Timur invasion has absurd elephant artillery that kills everything

>invasion that has been under planning and preparations for literal years and theorized for even longer
>an archeological dig that happened to find Timur's tomb 3 days before said invasion caused the invasion to happen

the timing is kind of spooky though, and the two events definitely happened independently of the other

real question is, what the fuck was serious archaeology getting funding during a war?

Paintings or whatever. You know what I meant, some kinda visual.

>during a war
>not before it was declared

Where is Timur's tomb Veeky Forums? asking for a freind

>the two events definitely happened independently of the other

That settles it, then.

>real question is, what the fuck was serious archaeology getting funding during a war?

The Soviet Union was at peace at the time.

>10k+ years of homo sapiens sapiens living on Earth
>a prophecy "comes true"
>coincidence cannot possibly be an option
Brainlets?

>The world shall tremble over a failed invasion
Wow he rely did tel de future

>3 days later
>not the same day
its fake

nothing is settled you nigger
>The soviet union was at peace
>Literally nobody in the soviet union saw hitler's betrayal coming

Plenty of people saw it coming and tried to warn Stalin, but he adamantly refused to hear anything of it

Stop moving the goal posts. Whether or not anyone in the USSR saw the betrayal or not doesn't change the fact that the USSR was not at war.

Low morale, just rush them with a few units of elite high morale troops and they'll break.
Dismounted Noble knights, Varangian Guard, Norse Axemen, Tabardariyya, and dismounted broken lances are good counters to them.
you could also rush them with light cav to keep them from firing as you advance.

>the operation was announced months prior, conceived years prior
>meanwhile Timur's words have been binding fate for centuries

But the inscription can't be applied to the reader until he actually opens the tomb and reads it. Whether or not the curse existed centuries before or not is completely irrelevant - par the rules of the curse you can't come under the effects until after you've desecrated the tomb. Unless you believe in determinism, that the Soviets were destined to find and open the tomb and invoke the curse from the get go, and therefore the planning of the invasion was consistent with the effects of the (not yet invoked) curse, the age of the inscription is irrelevant.

>It is alleged that old /b/'s tomb was inscribed with the words, "When I rise from the dead, the world shall tremble." It is also said that when Frogpostimov exhumed the body, an additional inscription inside the casket was found, which read, "Whomsoever opens my tomb shall unleash an invader more terrible than I." In any case, three days after Frogpostimov began the exhumation, Google Chrome launched Operation Tfwtoonormal, the largest hostile takeover of all time, upon the Facebook Union.