Are there any diets that actually works or are they all just memes/fads? Not looking to lose weight, just curious

Are there any diets that actually works or are they all just memes/fads? Not looking to lose weight, just curious

Other urls found in this thread:

press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?m=1
breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=eggs
suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/01/true-or-false-dairy-is-toxic-hormone.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes

Eat at a calorie deficit

I know but aside from that, it seems like every new diet of the week will fuck your body up in one way or another

Just eat real whole foods and count calories, lots of vegetables.

Chocolate, crisps, pizza, burgers, alcohol, processed sugar... it's not what we're designed to eat. Cut down the processed carbs and get your carbs from veggies.

>this

No. Your weight is predetermined at birth otherwise known as "set point." Diets are statistically proven to fail 90% of the time, and if you try to get below your set point weight you'll enter starvation mode and gain weight.

It will in the long run, but so will being a fat tub of lard. Just eat SOME (any) fruits and veggies, lean protein, maybe a multivitamin, and eat at a deficit. Everything else is semantics or unnecessary.

Lol.

This is true. I've been eating 1000 calories for a month and i can't drop below 220

If anyone falls for this bait they are tard-tier

>it's not what we're designed to eat
elabourate please

the materials that make these processed foods don't come from jupiter, they come from the same planet as we do

Neither does plutonium but I would probably stay away from consuming it

I hope that wasn't your serious answer

Yeah but they come from a lab you fucking retard.

Just eat whole foods.

You can indugle in junk food once every two weeks or at most once a week but that basically it.

Whole foods, veggies and fruit.

Most diets are memes, and the ones that aren't or only really useful in certain circumstances (I.e. PSMF for rapid safe weight loss or keto for epilepsy, carb sensitivity, etc., high carb for competitive athletes). Otherwise, you don't really gain much from being restrictive with your diet. Stick to satiating nutrient dense minimally processed whole food and you will be set as long as you keep your calories in check. With that your food choices are just a matter of preference.

A varied omnivorous diet with plenty of protein always works
>press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?m=1
>breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>suppversity.blogspot.com/search?q=eggs
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/01/true-or-false-dairy-is-toxic-hormone.html

Paleo if you want to lose weight and feel pretty dope. I pair it with intermittent fasting.
>good for hormones
>good for energy
>eat good food ie. Butter, chicken, steak, eggs, salads and mofocking veggies

And for fucks sake get rid of added sugar. Your body converts it strait to fat regardless of calories in calories out. Read a book

>good food ie. Butter, chicken, steak, eggs
X fucking D

Obesity in society is directly correlated to carbohydrate intake. Fatter countries eat more carbs. There are healthy fats

No. Fatter countries eat more, period. There is no bad macro and many carbs are benefitial. Veggies, fruits and whole grains are all awesome. Actually there are few bad carbs and those are almost always overprocessed shit you should avoid anyway. Butter and red meat certainly aren't "healthy fats". Nice dubs though.

grain, produce, microbes, and < 1 lb of meat/cheese per week

This. At one point I was eating nothing but 500g of celery and half a boiled egg every day and I was gaining about two pounds a week.

I was also eating a bag of snickers snack size bars every day but they don't count because they're snack sized.

>I was also eating a bag of snickers snack size bars every day but they don't count because they're snack sized.
Wut

Dark chocolate (70% and up) is pretty healthy.
also
>what we're designed to eat
>designed to eat
>designed
makes me mad.