Daily reminder to lift heavy and not fall for the volume jew

Daily reminder to lift heavy and not fall for the volume jew

Other urls found in this thread:

powerlifting-ipf.com/championships/records.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Post some natty heavy lifting results then.

Elaborate.

Did this for one year and a half and looked like shit, jumped on dat 5split days with 2hours workouts and my body exploded, Nice try fagggot

Lifting heavy is more fun, but lifting for hypertrophy looks better

What are the differences between low reps high weight, and high reps low weight, in terms of results?

Especially for a beginner.

They both get results, the problem is the body gets used it it after a few weeks so you have to change one style for the other if you want to avoid plateaus in progress (linear periodization).

you need low reps aka intensity for strength. You dont need high reps for hypertrophy. What matters for hypertrophy is the total amount of work volume, higher rep schemes simply provide a higher amount of work in a shorter amount of time. If you achieved the same volume with low reps, but more sets, the results would be the same hypertrophy wise.

i always like to have a Leg press heavy loaded till it still can do good for me :)

this machine that makes you like pic related.

what are some respectable lift weights to be at before switching from a strength program to one with higher reps?

>Implying strength and muscle size aren't literally the same thing

yes i am implying that

Bro split or training 2 muscle groups a day?

They aren't literally the same thing, go look at top powerlifters in sub 100kg weight class. They look good and fit but not bodybuilder big.

>not doing both
It's like this board is autism-incarnate

This desu

your heavy weight is my volume

Do you actually think you would have gotten the same results if you had just jumped onto a split before lifting heavy?

>2hours workouts
Must be nice to not have a job.

>started starting strength 3 years ago
>still starting 3 years later
>you too can bench two plates and still look like a dyel fat fuck

>spending time on 4chin
>I'm soo le busy
lmao

I did a 3 day split from my first time lifting

But I need volume days to push my intensity days

OP is a novice jew.
You need hypertrophy and volume to build muscle mass to break plateaus.
>started plateauing on 5x5
>switch to candito linear
>strength exploded on heavier lifts by adding more volume work to program
TLDR OP is a novice jew

You must not be familiar with our boy Candy Toe.

Just do one high intensity day, 4 sets heavy per body part, then an Volume day for a shit load of high reps for every body part.

Split it like this:
HxVxHxx
VxHxVxx

Simple as that.

Or even do more intricate for those mTor-gains
Do heavy upperbody, then volume lower body, on one day, then do Heavy lower body and volume upper, 3 days a week.

This except 7 days a week 2 hours a day.

if you close your eyes and just focus in breaking your shit it will work

C O N C U R R E N T P E R I O D I Z A T I O N

Don't fall for the heavy lifting meme. They just want to harass you when you get injured. The real reason why they push heavy routines is because it supports a bunch of youtubers and fitness gurus selling self help literature. Heavy lifting has a higher rate of success towards attracting you to them. Hardly anybody needs help lifting high reps.

lol at desperate coping from natty liftcels

routines are meaningless if you lift weights the right way, which is with performance enhancing drugs assisting you.

If you're a natty lifter, progressive overload is the only thing that will get you bigger muscles. One of the main ways of doing that is to get stronger.

Lifting heavy not only improves your 1RM but also your volume sets. If you're 1RM doubles, your 10RM will increase by a significant and noticeable percentage too. Linear periodization is retarded.

i got laughed at when i mentioned i do 3x3 with 80% 1RM and add weight when it gets easier last time.make up your mind Veeky Forums

> progressive overload is the only thing that will get you bigger muscles
you do realize lifting heavy is only one of a number of ways to progressively overload, don't you? all this means is lifting to muscle fatigue which wil take longer to occur if you do no progress.
> Linear periodization is retarded
Not really. Lifting in a variety of rep ranges is probably best because muscles respond differently to different stimuli.

3x3 lol? what would that accomplish? practice for a powerlifting meet?

8x3 or 10x2

>all this means is lifting to muscle fatigue which wil take longer to occur if you do no progress
I worded this poorly. I just mean your muscles won't keep fatiguing the same if you lift the exact same way each time.

1x15 at 90% of your 1RM

it accomplishes maximum strenght gains and as a bonus it doesnt take forever

>Not really. Lifting in a variety of rep ranges is probably best because muscles respond differently to different stimuli.
You're literally doing that with concurrent periodization, which is exactly why its better. Hence why I support lifting heavy too.

what do you call 5x10?

i mean to fart around with german volume training but end up loading the bar with too much and dont feel like wasting time deloading to find the sweet spot so i just go with it

You seem to be shifting goal posts now. Concurrent periodization runs counter to the idea all you need is heavy lifting. The quot chain you're replying to is in response to OP who is claiming heavy lifting is all you need. I'd argue you don't need heavy lifting at all but some form of periodization is probably more effective. Just depends on goals.

I'm not because I outlined here that I think you need both If you have to pick one of course volume is better, but intensity is helpful in breaking plateaus and increasing weight on volume days.

No you didn't. You literally made a post saying lifting heavy is best and periodization is retarded. None of that says anything about lifting in a variety of rep ranges. Please stop posting.

>Lifting heavy not only improves your 1RM but also your volume sets.
Are you ok?

>and periodization is retarded
LINEAR, I'm a concurrent fan.

user, I...

>3 day split
R E T A R D

yes again you're supporting lifting heavy and then after the fact claiming concurrent periodization is better to that of which idgaf about either.

>Lifting heavy not only improves your 1RM but also your volume sets.
why do you think this is not true brainlet?

Bra I'm quoting myself lol I suggest you learn to read, """""""""volume sets"""""""""".

Can anyone ITT provide me with a routine that combines both strength training and hypertrophy training? I've exclusively been doing strength as a natty and i've been eternal T rex mode.

yes you're saying 1rm improves volume says to counter an anti heavy lifting post. why would you do volume sets if 1rm does it for you? your post is so awfully worded that you can't expect anybody to try and decipher what you really mean to say for you.

jesus christ what is that white ET thing in the corner?

> volume says
*volume sets

lifting for volume improves your 1rm

generally speaking do 8-12 reps for 6-8 sets of given exercise

Kek, those are my work gloves user

Push Pull Legs or Upper Lower. Best compromise between full body and brosplit. You hit each muscle group twice a week, start each session with a couple of heavy, low reps compounds then fuck around with accessories for volume and aesthetics.

of course, but its much slower and less effective than the other way around

Could this work on a PPL routine? Something like this :

High weight Push - High Volume Pull - High Weight Legs - Rest - High Volume Push - High Weight Pull - High Volume Legs - Rest - Repeat

I believe that, although I can't see it. At least now I know what it is, I was a bit frightened by that before you explained. Whew!

oh shit are you the same pussy from the other 30 pound dumbbell thread?

Much slower? No. Obviously if your goal is to say, lifting the heaviest bench press you can then bench pressing heavy is best. Specificity wins. But as far as building a big strong healthy body goes? No. Depends on goals. Volume strength gains are no joke and not that much worse than heavy lifting. A person who does volume can easily transfer to strength as we routinely see with bodybuilders turned powerlifters.

I do this (abs and forearms always in med-high volume ofc)

Intensity Pull+Forearms
Intensity Push+Abs
x
Volume Pull+Forearms
Volume Push+Abs
x
Legs+Abs+Neck

Only train legs and neck once a week because fuck that.

project more dyel

must be shitty having terrible time management

You call other people a pussy when a 135 lb female outlifts you ?

You're a joke.

Lifting for 2 weeks just squatted 2 plates

>NEETdetected.jpg

Shouldn't you do both volume and heavy? I mean gotta confuse the muscles right guys?

yeah you are, good to see you

daily reminder that: jen > me >>> you

have a good one pussy-boy

When you're weaker than a 135 lb female nobody cares who you're stronger than pussy ass

and you can only bench 30 lbs more than your bodyweight and you train for strength? lol you're fucking pathetic. i don't even strength train and my ratio is better. weak ass bitch

1. Still stronger than you.
2. Lighter people have it easier in "ratios" (next thing you tell me you're better than eddie hall)
3. I've been lifting for about a year.
4. Don't stop being a pussy-boy, you're fine the way you are :^)

By the way, how do you know what I weigh? That dude who mentioned mma and shit wasn't me. I thought it was super obvious.

1. wrong i don't test 1rm i'm not autistic
2. wrong being lighter makes lifting harder
3. stop giving advice then dumb noob
4. have fun snapping your shit up when you get some years under your belt kid

lol autists fighting over the internet

1. You're a pussified autistic.
2. Look up the records in different weight classes and you'll get it.
3. Why not? I've probably read more than you and I'm around people who know their stuff.
4. I'll have fun being stronger, just like my mates.

Want me to fight you too?

> Look up the records in different weight classes and you'll get it
Yes I see there's a direct relationship between being heavier = lifting heavier and a bp of only 30 lbs over bodyweight is fucking pathetic under all circumstances and this is a lie you would have said that immediately. stop trying to save face you pathetically weak scrub. but oh weight you know bjj, i'm so scurred of internet tough guy!

1. Obviously you dip, but there's also a relationship of having worse of those extremely important ratios as you go up.
2. You don't know my stats, I never write them because you can't differentiate from e-statting.
3. Why would I say its a lie immediately? To not tarnish my Veeky Forums reputation?
4. Not trying to be tough, we won't ever meet. Your pussy speaks for itself, though.
5. BJJ is useful (probably not often, because knives, guns, you know)

this

> Obviously you dip, but there's also a relationship of having worse of those extremely important ratios as you go up
No, there isn't. All the best benchers bench 2-3x their bodyweight. You're just weak.
> 4. Not trying to be tough, we won't ever meet. Your pussy speaks for itself, though.
I'm smart and certainly not a pussy. I've been working manual physical labor for 16 years. You on the other hand will line the pockets of many medical and sports practicioners for years to come with your autism tier strength training.

fuck you, you're not worth a minute of my time you cum guzzling flee eating chump

> Lifting heavy is more fun
you're hooked on adrenaline nothing more

There IS, you can't change facts. Actually look at what I told you. There's diinishing returns with weight.

You're certainly not smart for wasting your time arguing with an internet autist. You are a pussy scared of heavy weights. Did a 45 plate crush your dick into oblivion?

>Calling high-intensity strenght training autism.
Wanna know how I know you're a dumb pussy?

The cycle repeats, I show you're a pussy, you can't deny it. Peace out man, try heavy lifting one day, doctors won't await you if you're not retarded.

powerlifting-ipf.com/championships/records.html

Did you miss the part from last thread where I told you I have a stack of 14 plates and a full home gym? I've certainly dabbled in strength training many times. It's shit. Unless your goal is to compete or you just prefer it there's no reason to lift heavy. There are however numerous reasons not to, all of which involve staying healthy and continued lifting while your bitch ass eventually gets sidelined witj injury.

Is it a bad idea to train both? Just started SL 5x5 and added isolation hypertrophy work on my days off with relatively light weight. Am I not allowing enough recovery? Keep in mind I am a beginner, and aim for a mix of strength and hyperthrophy, in pursuit of an aesthetic yet strong musculature.

You should always lift heavy, but you also need volume work to avoid plateauing. Ideally, one day should be high intensity, and the other should be high volume. If all you do is lift heavy on your programs, you'll hit plateaus after a few weeks

do one or the other for amounts of time. This isn't a sprint bro, this is a marathon. Don't burn yourself out upfront.

Isn't the fact he's a shining example with no one else like him prove he's an outlier rather than the gold standard?

I think he's awesome but I'm skeptical that many others would have his success.

He's been lifting heavy and maxing out for almost 20 years. I think anyone that does that can get similar results. It just takes time.

he isn't natty for fuck sake, look at him, look at his lifts.

If you think you can or if you think you can't, you're right!

I know of literally no one else on planet earth like him. The fact he's used as an example is because his success is obscenely rare.

That's what 20 years of Bulgarian will do to ya dude

This is the physique of a natty who trains with 15 lb dbs and bodyweight.

Unless you look better than this naturally, you should STFU right now.

>don't fall for the training variable that determines the magnitude of the response you get from training

what did he meant by this

GOTTA CONFUSE THE MUSCLES, RIGHT BABE?

You are all a bunch of fags.
There is only one way to lift as an intermediate.

3 Days a week:
Day 1, Leg heavy 3-5 reps
Push moderate 5-8 rep sets
Pull light 12-15 reps

Day 2 Legs light
Push Heavy
Pull-moves moderate

Day 3 Legs moderate,
Push light sets
pull heavy.

You never get fried cns, you always build muscle for every body part, you gain strength and size. Always try to do 25 sets per body part and week. Mix your exercises to suit the intensity of the day, liek dont do 25 rep deadlifts, dont do triples of dumbbell shoulder press.

Do heavy deadlifts, rack pulls, flat bench, pendlay rows etc.

It has been done and discussed to death.

If you feel different, switch up the intensity to like 1 heavy, 2 moderate, on one day.

Every one responds a bit different. You can add isolation for say biceps on the heavy pull days.But don't overdo it, you don't want to be fatigued by many high-rep sets before you do heavy sets in the day after tomorrow.