I TRIED TO INCREASE MY FUCKING BENCH PRESS AND IT SNAPPED MY SHIT UP

I TRIED TO INCREASE MY FUCKING BENCH PRESS AND IT SNAPPED MY SHIT UP
NOW IM GONNA BE DISABLED AND SUFFER FURTHER TEARS AND RELAPSES OF THIS SHIT FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE BECAUSE THESE THINGS NEVER HEAL

Shouldn't have done body-weight bench on your first day

If only you had bothered to learn proper form

Dont worry you still your still a rockstart! You got your rock moves, and you dont need him tonight! you're alright, and you don't need him tonight!

The thing is, I'd been stuck on just over lmao1pl8 for an entire year.

this is what happens when you don't tuck your elbows

>Don't do that too much though, or you'll end up with a MASSIVE CHEST and BABY DELTS

yeah well at least you won't be fucked out of any significant lifting for 6 months like OPie here

If anything tucking more puts more tension of the front delts. The bench is for the chest anyway, you can do OHP for the delts

that's what you get for being weak

>stuck on same baby weight for an entire year
>didn't bother to look into form which was obviously the problem

If you put up with that level of ignorance for a year it's kind of on you and you really shouldn't even be surprised.

I chalked it up to ignoring proteins and not getting enough sleep, two things I've worked really hard on correcting this past month. Guess I should've actually had someone look at what I was doing. I can't afford a doctor visit right now so I'm gonna hope it's minor and just avoid lifting with it for a week to see how it improves.

Think about how ignorant this piece of shit is in general

HAHAHAHAHHAHA

It's one plate man... You can literally not give a fuck about nutrition or proper recovery and get to 2 plates in a year provided you aren't a skelly, about 185 if you are.

I dunno man, I started out fat so I cut for a long time before getting relatively skelly right now, I'm just shit at lifting in general because my squat is barely at 2 pl8 and my deadlift's at just over 2. It's all a lack of discipline.
/blog

Thats what you grt for lifting weights. No body to blame but yourself.

I'm really happy I have friends to teach me lift form and medical coverage in case shit fails

>falling for the barbell bench meme

why do people insist on doing this meme lift when db bench develops the chest better and has a much lower rate of injury?

should've trained your rotator cuff

sorry you're retarded

>>Don't do that too much though, or you'll end up with a MASSIVE CHEST and BABY DELTS
OHP and lat raise then?

who goes "oh man i'm going in the gym to do some benching to get massive shoulders"

no

bench is for the chest

Just b urself bro

>It's all a lack of discipline.

No, it's form and expecting strength gains while cutting.

>these things never heal
Everything heals. In seriousness, you will actually get through this, you have to not get depressed about it. Currently I am dealing with a lower back injury, which is something that becomes chronic for many people, but I know that in my case it will heal because I am not retarded.

Use this time to review your previous performance, and figure out what mistakes you were making.

he will tear his rotator cuff again, i guarantee you. that's not to say he can't still lift, but it will happen again sooner or later. his shoulder is permanently compromised, unfortunately.

fpbp

you know how rhey say everones gonna make it? i got bad news for you buddy.

side story i also hurt myself recently. popper my shoulder out of place doing dumbell press. feelsbad.jpg been about 3 weeks and im already back at it

OP what weight were you working with? If you were stuck at 1pl8 I have genuine trouble understanding how you could hold enough weight to physically damage you.

What are you doing to heal your lower back?

1. You didn't warm up
2. You didn't increase weight by 5lbs each week
3. You likely took a huge leap in weight. Keep your ego at the door.
4. Because of the huge leap, you couldn't focus on maintaining good form. Rotator cuff injuries while bench pressing are most likely due to a) scapula not retracted and b) elbows flaring out
5. You deserved it faggot

1. I did
2. I was actually going by 2.5
3. No, I was at 160 counting the bar and had been trying to work up from 1 pl8.
4. My form is probably shit
5. Yeah I did

>2. I was actually going by 2.5

Explain how you can increase the total weight by 2.5. DYEL?

I'm a dumbass and thought you meant 5 per side because that's how I write it down in my log to save time.

Flat barbell bench is a meme. There's no carryover to RL for the average guy, little carryover to sports, it's shit for chest development, and there's little wiggle room for error - You either immediately blow your shoulder(s) out or your slowly saw a hole in your rotator cuff(s).

Flat dumbbell, incline dumbbell, incline barbell, cable flys from varying positions, chest dips to the proper depth for you, and even weighted pushups are all better than the flat barbell bench press and have more room for error while you learn proper form. Rehab your shoulder correctly and stop flat benching. That 2+ plates is an arbitrary goal, your dick is big enough and you're adequate enough.

Well OP you can always be a runner

Shut up faggot I'm gonna bench 3 pl8

You probably weren't pushing with your chest

Injuries that "never heal" are a meme not backed by any real science. Three months with adequate rest, sleep, nutrition, and protein will heal any non amputation injury, anyone that tells you different is a med shill.

If you feel pain doing the correct form 3 months out or later from your injury, its your body trying to stop you by anticipating pain and recalling it from last time. You need to override the sensation and push through to stop your body from feeling pain when there's nothing physically wrong with the soft tissue.

went at it too much yesterday and today i noticed a bump on my shoulder. no actual pain, just some soreness. on a scale of 1 to 10 how fucked is this?

You will be ok you pansy. I snapped my rotator cuff and part of my collar bone doing judo and it just took some physical therapy to fix it, you will lose gains because you have to rest it for a while but it will be ok.

Form, bulk and deload to make gains.

t. Manlet

I'm 175 now and I bench 135, so this time next year I'll be benching 225?

We don't know exactly how extensive his injury is. Judging by everything else op has posted he probably just pulled a muscle in his shoulder and will be fine in a month or so. I really doubt he fucked up his rotator cuff on 135 unless his form was absolutely diarrhea

If you actually put your mind to it