Was humanity justified in exterminating Smallpox?

Was humanity justified in exterminating Smallpox?

Why don't you contract some and find out for us

i'm not defending the disease you wanker
i'm asking if humans were justified in exterminating a living species

>virus
>living species

"Justified" is a spook.

It is not like humans one day sat down and decided to kill off smallpox because it is a shitty organism which does not deserve to live. They fought a deadly disease and eventually it died out as a consequence. What kind of stupid question is that? You are certainly justified to protect your life, no matter what consequences arise. If you think this point is up for discussion you might aswell kill yourself since your life is worth less than some shitty parasitic organism.

>exterminating a living species

Viruses are widely considered to not be living things. They're basically modified proteins that work like zombies.

>virus
>living

>It is not like humans one day sat down and decided to kill off smallpox
We literally did, thousands of countries and the WHO worked together for the goal of total eradication.

Do you actually feel sympathy for smallpox OP?

I thought we had 2 samples of it left in a bunker?

It still exists, it's just contained to a Russian and US freezer and unknown number of other places. Hell, it may still return one day if the permafrost keeps on melting.

What I'm getting at is that if there is anything which can universally be regarded as evil in the world, it is disease.

Kotomine Kirei, pls

Prey would feel that a predator is evil.

>thousands of countries

it killed millions...

Hundreds LOL

literal genocide

and yes, to no ones surprise, it was perpetrated by the white man

holy shit its the king of brainlets

>smallpox
>organism
do they not teach biology in high school anymore

to save billions

there's still a debate about the nature of the viruses, if they are living beings or not, but the majority of proofs point that they aren't living beings, just as said.

what a useless debate to use up the time and brainpower of virus experts.
cure some fucking virii and argue about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin when you're out of virii to exterminate.

Even if it were "living" aka biological, moral agents are not just "living" but "conscious."

Evil regards the unnecessary promotion of pain and destruction of that which subjectively experiences reality, it has nothing to do with the termination of self replicating protein complexes.

the smallpox vaccine never happened, but it SHOULD have

Jenner did nothing wrong

Yes. Polio, you are next

Another victim of white racism/imperialism. Smallpox did not deserve to die.

Yes.

It's the manifest destiny of mankind to exterminate all living species but ourselves.

>Exterminate
Anti-vaxxing Americans will bring it back, don't worry.

Polio on genocide watch.

>manifest destiny

can't wait to eat coco-rocks™

Yes. and that's even if Smallpox Virus was a living thing. It matters not whether Smallpox was a virus or a bacteria or a species of tiny insects or a breed of dog. Only humans matter, moralistically, so if it in the best interest of humanity to exterminate something, be it a virus, bacteria, species et cetera, it is acceptable to do. It's like you don't even Anthropocentricism. Non-Anthropocentricism can only be excused if you're really, really in love with God and believe God can't really be considered human-like. Otherwise you're a traitor to yourself and your species.

Literal race traitor, that one.

>your morality brainlet

How? No one gets a small pox vaccine because it has been irradiated. You're so eager to point out the mote in someone else's eye that you ignore the beam in your own.

so you're all for killing an organism that evolution FORCED to have no moral agency over its choices? How evil are you?

viruses aren't organisms you turbo brainlet

"This is a hard job, but if the act is not carried out at once, instead of us exterminating smallpox, smallpox will exterminate humans at a later date."
- Dr. Heinrich Himmler, MD PhD

Dammit forgot the pic

because evolution forced them into non sentience. once transhumanism comes and digs up your dead skeleton and uploads the genetic code and recreates your consciousness onto a harddrive you will also not be an "organism".
>b-but humans did it!
and human science is the next stage of evolution. guess what, evolution doesn't care about your feelings

This is an interesting moral quandary. Is it immoral to break open a rock to use the ore contained within? After all, a rock and a virus are at the same level of sentience.

kind of reminds me of sam hyde in this pic for some reason

I always knew Sam Hyde was a Jew

No. What's next, are we going to justify exterminating third world immigrants for being parasitic and living off sucking away at our wellness and life force? Being against small pox is viralist.

10/10

nice

are you equating a human life to that of a mindless protein?

>oc meme
Veeky Forums isn't dead confirmed.

I'm 100% anti-rock genocide

include me in the screencap.MPW

based

Please take a trip to cos you are clearly too stupid to post here my friend

Haven’t seen this level of shitposting in a long time

nice, you win an olmec head

>Veeky Forums intellectuals

>high level of discourse

Yes, even though a virus isn't a living species. But nowadays people (at least here in Europe) vaccine theory kids less because of /pol/-like conspiracy idea's and recently in Italy they had a serious problem outbreak of measles.

Dumb

smallpox is a potent bioweapon, I highly doubt it was ever fully exterminated

It's like 2006 all over again
Efg when
Boxxy is queen

>killing
>bad
>virus
>living