/QTDDTOT/ - Sad Ben Affleck Edition

There doesn't seem to be any QTDDTOT thread.

Is it true that eating too much fat prohibits your body from using all the protein you eat and if it's true how exactly does it happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

scoobysworkshop.com/about/
strawpoll.me/13387967
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_poisoning
web.archive.org/web/20160829003456/http://www.liamrosen.com/fitness.html
youtube.com/watch?v=XZgd6Ba4AAg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

who told you that

you should look into how the keto diets work, and then think about that question again

I read it somewhere here. Didn't make much sense to me but I'm curious and it's exactly the kind of question that doesn't deserve it's own thread.

I'm doing a mix of bodyweight and phrak greyskull with dumbbells but my notebook is a mess. Is there an iPhone application where I can log everything?

Why do some people have a lean face like this? Mike Mew?

>Pic-related is a high school pic.

I've had fuckarounditis for two years, but according to symmetric strength my lifts are still untrained. Does this mean that I can take advantage of noob gains?

t. skinnyfat looking to recomp or cut

How will my progress on lifts differ when on a lean bulk compared to a 500 cal surplus bulk?

Scooby's real name is Scooby?

So basically (the short tl;dr version without drama)
>lifted for two months
>hurt back most likely due to shitty form
>didn't lift for about 1-1.5 months due to personal reasons
>want to go back now
I did SL 5x5 before and obviously my form was pretty shit on about every lift. I don't think I should continue lifting from my current stats but I don't think I should start back at the bar either.
Should I go with whatever they use for people "new" to the program (I think half of your previous max?) and progressive overload that fucker a bit faster if I'm feeling it's too easy and the form's alright, or should I just deload slightly by 10kg or so and try to do it with a decent form?

i think so
scoobysworkshop.com/about/

while cutting, should i train for strength or for endurance?

grind your teeth on something.

I always read this
>1-3 = power (pic of burly Eastern European Olympic lifter)
>3-5 = strength (pic of manlet powerlifter)
>6-15 = hypertrophy (pic of roid monster)
>15+ = endurance (pic of Lance Armstrong's scrawny arms)

What do endurance gains really look like? No gains?

That makes no sense. Why wouldn't I get hypertrophy gains doing up to 30 reps per set?

So is it absolute bullshit?

because you dont need more muscle to be able to do smth you already can do 30 times in a row.
What you need is adaptation.
As your strength goes up so does your endurance potential.
You can get to like 85% of your endurance max in 1 month.
There is no point to train endurance unless you are training for something specific

What I'm asking is, why not pump more volume?

Like, let's say I curl 30lbs for about 8 reps. Let's say I then work my way up to curling 30lbs for 15 reps. Here's where a lot of people try to go up to 35lb dumbbells. But why not keep pumping out more reps? Why not go up to 25 reps at 30lbs? It's like all the bro-experts are telling me once I do 16 reps of something I'm not gonna grow.

probably

yes.
do the compound lifts atleast twice a week, and try to increase the weights over time.

depends on the person and how strong you already are, but probably a bit slower progress.

fuck, i hate these stupid questions.
try to think for a second please.

train how you would otherwise.
if you normally do high volume, that might not work, so then decrease volume a bit.

yes.
too much body fat can slow down gains though because of more unfavourable hormone levels.

iirc some studies have shown no hypertrophic difference between training with 30% 1RM and 80% 1RM.
but higher weights will increase strength more, which allows more overload and thus more hypertrophy.
so over time, getting stronger faster will help you get bigger faster.
in practice, for optimal hypertrophy, this results in 8-12 reps for 65% of your training and the rest divided over lower and higher reps.

I'm 5'9 and 150.6lbs, lift 3x a week and try to run twice a week. I've still got a slight gut. How much do you have to lose to get rid of shit like this?

depending on genetics, it can stay there forever, unless you do a drastic cut.
i wouldnt worry about it.
building more muscle will make it easier to get rid of it and to make it seem smaller in comparison.
150 @ 5'9 isn't much.

I know. I'm getting to the point where I feel like losing more weight is going to be worse for my health, but when I look and see that small bit of fat, it makes me angry. I've been trying to incorporate more ab work to hopefully press it out more evenly in the mean time.

Should I bench everyday to get my strength up?

I normally squat everyday to warm up and every so often deload. I've finished smolov so I'm not worried about volume or intensity and my cns is fine.

Only issue is my bench fucking sucks dick
It sucks dick at sucking dick.

100g mayonnaise a day, will it fuck me up?
trying to bulk and it has like 600kcals and I can mix it with chicken or fish

i alternate bench and cgbp every day

Reasonably, what % should your CGB be to regular bench?

Okay neat.
And I second this.

My closegrip tends to be fairly similar. Maybe 70 of my normal bench.

But again. I reiterate. Shitty bench. So idk

I'm a freak of nature and I don't seem to need to eat very much. I can manage about 600 calories a day even with a 5k run thrown in. I've gone from 230 to 200 this past month on a 1000-600 calorie diet. I stopped eating mainly because of finances but I'm in a better spot now and my junk food and soda addiction is cured. Should I just buy a bunch of fish and chicken and start bulking and lifting or should I just keep going with eating the minimum while trying to burn fat?

I really don't give two fucks about strength, it's 100% about aesthetics for me because I've always been an ugly fuck and I feel like for once I have actual control over my body. I got a long way to go before I look good, but what's my next step? How bad did I fuck my metabolism? I noticed yesterday I could barely manage to eat even a third of what I used to even when I try.

i wasted my noob gains at the trash gym in my apartment complex and frequently stopped working out because of school. is there a way to reset my body to start over again?

>fuck, i hate these stupid questions.
>try to think for a second please.
Well shit nigga I wouldn't ask if I was sure.
I assume that "restarting" the program with the progress I've made is the best course of action but I just wanted for someone more knowledgable to reaffirm it.

Depends on what you want to do.
Do you want to be a thin skeleton? If so just continue doing whatever the fuck you are doing right now. You can always get some mass later on.
Do you want to end up as a thin skeleton with some meat on your bones? Then you should probably do some liftan.

go in the gym, do sets of 5, start with the bar, slowly work your way up, see where it gets difficult.
then start a bit below that.

how can people not think of this basic shit themselves?
that's what gets me mad

Decided to stop neglecting my lower body and start cutting hard. Im about 250lbs and 25-30% bf. How can I maximize my lower body gains, Im starting at 115lbs for squats to get the form an stuff down, but even thats tough. Can I squat 3 times a week? What else should I implement, I have an oly bar and squat rack. And a bench press.

Skelly here lifting for about 1 month now. How long should I do stronglifts 5x5 before doing a PPL routine?

Why the fuck I want to deadlift so much?
I did yesterday. Today is my rest day, but I want so bad to got to the gym just to deadlift. It's like a craving.

Until you stop progressing linearly.

Hi newbie here. Does Creatine really give you "water muscles"? As in, your muscles will look bigger but that's because they're bloated with water, you won't actually be stronger. My friend said this when I suggested trying creatine for my workouts.

Do deadhangs really help with grip strength it's not very hard to just hang

Wall sit with pl8s

Have any of you taken the Animal Pack Multivitamins? Is it good compared to the Opti-men multi?

Yes. Creating CAN help you improve your lifts but chances are you're already getting as much as you'd need to see any results if your diet includes red meat, which naturally contains creatine.

mate what's the point of asking questions on the most researched sup out there

anyway i'll bite but make it quick

creatine gives you reel mussle, because it's a chemical your body produces to make muscle, you're not getting natty water muscles are you? Durrrr

also you probably have no need for creatine if you are young and eat properly

I have relatively low blood pressure. Not at a dangerous level but low compared to the average for my age (20).

Problem is, I notice it in my daily life when blood pools in my feet easily, my limbs fall asleep a lot, and even my erections suffer occasionally.

Is there any way to naturally/safely increase my blood pressure to an average level that will take care of these problems?

Bacon planet here.

Do you have any tips to share on how to keep motivated? Results are one thing but i dont progress "fast" enough to stay super motivated

The "watery muscles" you refer to fatigue less quickly. Meaning you can lift more. That is how creatine works.

Wat.

Creatine is present in red meats, meaning that supplementing it might be useless depending on your diet

Reminder if you're a circuit trainer then everyone hates you and you really need to stay the fuck out of regular gyms.

Should I do Ice Cream Fitness or Strong Lifts (ps ima girl)
strawpoll.me/13387967

>109 calories per 100 g
>25 g protein per 100 g
>1 g of fat per 100 g
That sound too good to be true.
Can i eat that every meal ?
Its tuna can btw

I like the way I look after taking a big shit. How do I achieve this look without actually shitting all the time?

How do I get rid of the gap between the breasts on my chest?

I've been doing the following every day:

Planks
Side planks
Bridges
Pushups
Pullups
Squats
Running

What else can I add for a more well-rounded routine?

Froggy glute lifts, donkey kicks, leg raises, flutter kicks, steps, lunges, more squats.

Is it possible to bulk too hard?

It's not recommended you eat tuna daily due to possible mercury poisoning

what's a good tricep isolation exc for the long head?
i'm right handed and everything is stronger and a bit bigger on the right side except my triceps..
when i do an excersise, i just 'feel' the tension and activation more on the left side..

Am i allowed to wear this in public without people laughing at me?

you can literally wear nothing but a thong and pull it off if you're confident and don't give a fuck, that's also a typical bro tank I don't see why people would even bat an eye at that

Why would people laugh at that?

Thanks boys im going to do it. You even got me tearing up a bit.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_poisoning
To little fat and your body cannot digest protein, I do not think the inverse happens

Should I do flat bench or decline bench for square lower pecs?
I might have fallen for the "incline bench is all you need for aesthetics" meme.

Is it important to eat the white "fur" under the orange or grapefruit peel?

This is probably the most appropriate thread. I have some metal fillings in my teeth and some days they'll be sensitive and I have to be cautious of what I eat/drink then the next day the sensitivity would have vanished. Does this seem normal?

I am a skinnyfat dyel, 5'9 135 pounds who just got his power rack from Amazon.

Do I cut or bulk? I am planning on following SL but I am open to anything else that might get me out of this state. I just want to leave this hell...

Also, where can I learn form for all exercises? I know nothing about how to exercise proper form to avoid snapcity.

I want to climb (hike?) a mountain next year, so I've been going at an easy pace on the treadmill while increasing the incline. Is there something better (in the gym) that I should be doing?

Are B12 supplements a meme or do they work

Are there any actual health or fitness benefits to a sauna/ steam room?

Lately when I fap, during the orgasm my legs start burning. Should I hop on nofap asap?

Health sure.
Opens pores, relaxes muscles, if you live in a dry climate it'll soothe your mucous membranes.
Fitness nope.

What are the best seeds/nuts to put in shakes for gains without fucking up the taste?

does it make you feel better? if yes, yes

can one get stronger with 5x5 during a cut?

why is my ohp stalling?

How do I know how heavy my weights need to be if I am doing 5x5 arm and shoulder exercises?

I dont do leg exercises because I always ride a bike

A man goes to the doctor.

He says "Doctor, doctor! It hurts when I do this."

The doctor says "Don't do that."

can someone explain how the legs of this girl at my gym got SO much bigger even though she has been squatting 90 POUNDS FOR 3 MONTHS?

Yes.

How many Veeky Forumsizens use decline bench?

I find it great for my chest but notice some very slight shoulder pain afterwards.

Bumbity bump

What's the opinion on riding a real bike for a workout? Seems a good way for cardio and leg gains

Best should exercises when you only have dumbells?

I'm on bender currently, I'll accept the charges gains-wise but when exactly is it best to train after?

Is it ok to replace regular back squats with hacksquats?

redpill me on SARMs. just read about cardarine

If I'm standing with a barbell in my hands as If i were about to do some shrugs, but instead use my fingers to lift the barbell, what muscles would I be using?

help would be much appreciated, my dudes

Hammer Curls, Supinating Curls and Rows

What is the equivalent of 1/2/3/4 for a woman?

1RM?

85/115/225/265

0/0/.5/1
no girl squats above 90lbs

at my gym that is

any more?

Damn, I have a ways to go. Good to have goals.

Does your dick hang lower than your balls?

I'm having a slight disconfort in my backs after doing dl and squats

Is it normal? Yes, i'm a dyel

1/2/3/4 is bullshit, 180 kg deadlift is far more than 60 kg ohp

My friend was drinking a Starbucks canned protien coffee drink and he noticed that if you calculate the calories content based on the gram amounts listed for each macronutrient, it doesn't match the calorie amount on the can? Why is this? We factored in dietary fiber amount but it was still 30 or so calories off.

To fat or former fat here with Social Anxiety, how did your first time in the gym go? and If I want start losing weight, should I go to a weight loss doctor or just straight go to a gym and get a trainer? I have absolutely no knowledge of losing weight.

how to avoid lower back rounding when squatting:
>shove your knees out
>wear olympic weightlifting shoes with heels
>use more weight
>don't go deeper than the guy on the front cover of starting strength
>switch to highbar until weight is heavy enough
>less hip drive
>stretch soleus, hamstrings, adductors
deadlifting:
>no belt
>less weight
>correct starting position
>squeeze your chest up
>shoes without heels
>knees should be pointing out a little

>weight loss
we apologize for the sticky being offline
web.archive.org/web/20160829003456/http://www.liamrosen.com/fitness.html
share the link on Veeky Forums as often as possible

>first time
youtube.com/watch?v=XZgd6Ba4AAg
I went at 5 am for a year or so

How the FUCK do I eat more?
I have trouble eating 3 meals a day. No matter how much I workout I cannot get big unless I eat big.

What can I do to jam more calories and brotein down my skinny fucking gullet?