youtu.be/LT_dFRnmdGs
youtube.com/watch?v=dDj7DuHVV9E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Have you tried standing up?

>manlet making excuses

the "fix" is basically reconditioning/learning to stand up straight

Do this 2-3x a day and you'll see improvements in a month or so

youtu.be/LT_dFRnmdGs

Had the same problem because of WoW. Then I tried to always be aware of my posture and squeeze my shoulder blades back, like when doing bench press.
Helped me a lot

Pull ups, chin ups and general lat work from swimming helped a tonne

me

deadlifts are the answer unironically

Yeah, by standing up straight

Sorry bro to stand upright you have to have pride in yourself a lot of people don't have what it takes.

This. Strengthening your spinal erectors and abs is what fixes this.

This will work somewhat , but nothing having to do with the shit he said. It's all bogus misunderstanding of actual MSK physiology. Not surprising, as he said it was designed by a chiropractor.

Stretch your chest more. I had the same thing. Look up chest stretches and do them 3x day

I had this and it went away after i did starting strength and bulked up for awhile.

Squats and deadlifts would probably fix this. Also sitting cable rows.

I am genuinely confused by posture threads/posture questions. My natural inclination is to stand somewhat like the pic on the right, but if I'm conscious about it I look like the pic on the left. Is fixing your posture a mental thing or physical thing?

Hyperextensions and decline weighted situps did wonders for my posture

I don't think I had it as bad as your pic, but my posture wasn't great until recently. I started noticing when I was sitting or standing with bad posture and worked to correct it whenever I noticed it being wrong, and it's helped. My mom has even asked me if I've grown taller, and I feel just slightly taller around people who are close to my height.

>deadlift
>strengthen abs isolated (not hip abductors)
>any glut workouts like squats
>correct form pullups
>recondition shoulder blades to come together (which you should do anyway if you work out as part of regular shoulder maintenance)

Your posture should be like the pic on the left without thinking about it.
It's a muscle thing not a mental thing, you have created muscle imbalances by sitting for long hours where the wrong muscles are strong and the right ones are weak.

What fish use for max posture gains?

Salmon of course
youtube.com/watch?v=dDj7DuHVV9E

>tfw military family
>tfw when dad was an asshole about everything
>tfw he'd yell at me about stupid shit like my posture and walking duck footed, elbows on table etc.
>tfw he was actually being a bro.

Thanks dad.

But honestly lifting with good form and making a conscious effort the walk properly and with good posture will fix 99% of your posture issues.

I used to do those exercices daily it helped a bit, it made me more conscious about my posture, but I reverted back to slouching, having a desk job was another factor

OP, besides all of the "being conscious about it" and actually working towards fixing it like that, you should also do like one user mentioned deadlifts, or even face pulls.

Facepulls and deads help straighten up your back more. Just make sure you have good form.

My 16 years old sister is right pic and I'm really worried for her. I keep telling her about standing straight and doing stretches to fix her posture but you know how lecturing goes with teenagers. I don't want her to be a hunchback but she doesn't seem to be aware just how much she's slouching

ι, φαι φαι, φαι φαι, φαι φαι φαι φαι

Is it acceptable to moderately "flex" or tense up your core to achieve appropriate posture?

My core IS weak, and I've been working it out more in my exercises, but I've noticed if I keep it somewhat flexed when I stand I achieve the correct posture, just not sure if it's wrong to constantly have this muscle flexed.

Anyone know how long it would take to work if I stuck with this?