What is Zinc (supplement) actually good for?

What is Zinc (supplement) actually good for?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3630857
scienceblogs.com/insolence/2013/12/19/supplements-flushing-your-money-down-the-toilet-in-expensive-urine/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZMA_(supplement)
examine.com/rubric/effects/view/37dec9b89cf28a70e10d1ba1fa2f9c09/d7cb526b5896d0051a93a131651574ce/all/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

raising test and muscle repair/recovery

Primarily Testosterone, but also brain function, recovery and sleep

Just eat food

Makes your cum pearly white

I've read it's good for your immune system

True but too much actually disables the immune system. Were taking 60mg+ taken too often.

Since 10mg is 100% RDI.. 60mg does really make sense

Zinc literally changed my life. If you think you're low in test please start taking it.

I used to never get morning wood and now get random pretty solid boners all the time my lifts shot up and and I'm wayyyy more confident and sociable around people

this, zinc-deficiencies is really common and supplementation COULD help some people a lot, especially men and especially when working out a lot

Yeah but they sell a lot of 50 mg pills and I warn from experience, I used to pop 100 mg. Youll actually feel great doing that if you deficient (weak, rippled nails) at first but then I felt my spine atrophy, that's from a lack of copper.

Same. It keeps my dick hard.

multi-vitamin, b1 and b12 is really all you need...

it gives you GOAT dream's

It boosted my T

I currently take 1 10mg pill per day. Should I be taking more?

Supposedly it helps you nut more/more efficiently that's why I take 50 mg pills and shove them into my dickhole

lotta cum

Read the abstract of this study

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3630857

Basically, out of three common forms of zinc, only one really showed any results in absorption. So when you take 50 or 100 mg of cheaper zinc, it's really not even being absorbed.

How to avoid copper depletion from zinc.

Read

correcting deficiencies, in itself it has no value.

No, a shit ton of foods have zinc. 10mg is the recommended daily dose. Supplementing has always been less efficient than eating nutrients. The body sees them differently. Some bacteria refuse to touch them and break them down into smaller structures. Another issue is a lot of vitamins and minerals get peed out almost instantly. While food gets put into the colon and that's where most absorption happens. Read up on people who eat fruits are more likely to be hydrated than those who drink water regularly. Same principle, fruit has a lot of water in it, gets put into colon, colon absorbs more water.
For severe dehydration that literally shove an IV type device into your anus and push the liquid into your colon because it's so much better and quicker than absorbing it by mouth.
Sorry ranting, you may gain a small amount of nutrients from vitamins. Yes it is possible, but just as much evidence shows the majority of substances taking outside of a food source are mainly just flushed in your piss.
>scienceblogs.com/insolence/2013/12/19/supplements-flushing-your-money-down-the-toilet-in-expensive-urine/
Some studies are in the link, just scroll down and skip to them.

Taking a low dosage multivitamin is more than enough. If you're actually worried about it just buy some nuts or seeds (cashews, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etc). One serving of these daily will provide you with an extra boost to zinc as they are all rich in it.
Eat more meat and fiber sources like spinach which are high in it.

I thought I was low zinc, tested blood twice yearly. Was high both times and I was taking a zinc supplement also. I'm not abnormally tall or high BMI. There was no reason to be high zinc, I was low in copper. A common side effect that will make you sick and hurt you greatly.

zinc orotate is the way to go. the most common blend has some magnesium too.

Same. 10 days into taking 150mg a day and I feel amazing, social gains everywhere. On day 40 I was getting 3 hour erections and after a few months I was able to communicate with people's pets and alter the weather by means of mental powers.

Take copper m8. Just not at the same time as zinc.

Copper rich food : beef/veal liver , lobster.

Objectively wrong. Zinc picolinate has the best absorption.

So it's saying zinc picolinate is best?

I'm imagining you getting random solid boners while being confident and sociable with people.

>. Yes it is possible, but just as much evidence shows the majority of substances taking outside of a food source are mainly just flushed in your piss.

Lol that's what a water-soluble vitamin is you faggot. Cocaine also gets pissed out- it's what happens while it's in you that matters.

This. I take it before bed every night and have great, vivid dreams that I actually remember the next day. Plus, it gives those nice pearly white loads

Zinc is good for correcting a zinc deficiency. Zinc is an essential mineral because the human body requires zinc to function and is incapable of manufacturing zinc. The different forms of zinc supplements affect how elemental zinc is absorbed and therefore utilized in the body.

Wake up dehydrated as fuck taking zinc. Anyone experience this too? Amount of water/salt and timing havnt really made an impact on this situation.

wow.. thats a.. really bold claim, i better start eating +150mg each day then, mental powers here I coooooome

I take 45mg of Zinc daily, with copper

haven't really noticed anything but I guess I'd better keep taking it as I don't want to risk having a slump due to deficiency

Myth.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZMA_(supplement)

The only acceptable answer ITT so far.

Started taking zinc back in water polo due to a deficiency that was causing muscle cramps.

It'll help minorly boost test only if you're deficient in it, else if you already get enough via diet, it's useless to take more.

Not entirely a myth, if you look into more studies than just Wikipedia.
Albeit I doubt anyone would really notice a difference from taking Zn, given how small of an impact it has, especially assuming people on Veeky Forums eat healthier than average.

examine.com/rubric/effects/view/37dec9b89cf28a70e10d1ba1fa2f9c09/d7cb526b5896d0051a93a131651574ce/all/

On the topic of supplements, how much Vitamin D should I be taking and when?

i hear it give you more semen

Leave your house you idiot.

Depends entirely on lifestyle, place of living and current ng/ml of vitamin d in blood

>ssuming people on Veeky Forums eat healthier than average

I take 100µg/day in winter and 0-40µg/day in summer now, depending on the weather. I live in Norway tho.

S-Vitamin D went from 51nmol/L last summer to 104nmol/L this summer on 100µg/day. Supposed to be in between 50-150 nmol/L

well thats where youre wrong kiddo
Veeky Forums is the only board with significant numbers that avoids eating garbage

maybe Veeky Forums eats better

Big cums

If you live above 20N or 20S you will need Vitamin D in the winter, normal dosage is around 500RDI/day during these months

Zinc only raises test if youre zinc deficient

I'm taking myprotein zinc supplements.
Is it good?

Depends on the supplement chemistry, which zinc-salt is it?

Veeky Forums is the board that shills mcdonalds and monster daily

Calcium carbonate, ascorbic acid, zinc citrate, maltodextrine, magnesium stearate

idk much

zinc-citrate is the shitty kind, but its better than nothing, next time try to find zinc-picolinate or zinc-carnosine