I'm 18 and I have to get braces. I will be starting college with braces

I'm 5'10 and very fit but I don't have nice facial features and my jawline is shit. I personally think my face is very ugly. I have been told that I have good body proportions and nice shoulders though.

My dentist says that I will have a minor lisp for the first 4 months while I adjust to the braces. He says it is unavoidable but temporary.

My question:

How fucked will braces make my social life in college? I will need to wear them for 1 year and possibly 1.5 years, and then I will need to wear a retainer for another year. If I were to become even more Veeky Forums do you think it will compensate for my braces? Right now, I am

you cant get invisible braces?

I accidentally hit post before I could finish.

Right now, I am desperate to have a nice college experience. My college is also in the heart of a large city so there will 18+ clubs and stuff like that available to me.

nah, my teeth are too fucked for that. that is for minor altercations and my jaw will require that i need braces for the structure that it provides.

Just wear the braces. Haven't straight teth really bumps you up at lest a point. You're only 18 I waiyed until I was 24 an wish I had straight teeth sooner.

Yes it will make you look more nerdy for a year but that is short compared to the rest of your life.

Nobody gives a shit if you have braces. Literally everybody who doesn't have fucked up teeth has worn braces at some point

a lot of people have braces at that age. I'd worry more about your beta attitude then your actual flaws

The brief time of wearing braces will be more than worth it to have straight teeth for the rest of your life. Deal with it for the time being. It'll pay off.

And nobody cares in college. You are fresh out of high school where cliques and social standing are important and can determine what you can and cannot do. That almost completely disappears in college. It is a fresh start where nobody knows who you were and who you hung out with. Nothing stands in your way to try new things. Use that to your advantage.

thanks for the advice. i'm a virgin and not very confident.

If I am bringing a girl to a 18+ club and someone hits on her and tries to AMOG me and makes fun of me for my braces, what is the appropriate way to get rid of them? I don't think physical violence is the best because then someone can sue you.

>got in a fight
>broke some teeth
>had elaborate braces operation for 6 months
>looking fucking hideous
>ready not to get any pussy at all
>got my dick sucked by two different girls
just act like it isn't even there my man, nobody cares but you

Keep your braces, Get plastic surgery to fix your jaw and chin, get a thick neck, make your eyebrows bushier, get a tan, lift weights and get on a skincare routine

looksmaxxing is worth it

are you in the USA? if so, youre fucked and you will get no pussy
are you in europe? if so, then pussy will come at your left and your right

You're already being a retard.
Don't obsess over a "good college experience". You're literally only going to suffer as a result of this expectation. Vanquish expectation from your mind. Do NOT expect the world, other people, or your experiences to conform to any arbitrary fantasies of yours. They never will, and you will struggle. It's like going into a fight planning out 20 move combos. The SECOND your opponent doesn't conform to your combo pattern, you lose your shit and have to flail to get back on course. Don't do that.

Resolve instead to accept whatever experiences come your way. Watch them. Live them. Then dismiss them. Do no appraise them. Do not struggle to define them pointlessly into good or bad. Do not measure them based on how they match the "good college experience" you've dreamt up. This can only lead to suffering. It will never do you any good.

When good things do happen, you will just feel like you expected it to happen. "Finally things are going right," instead of, "Wow, that's great. I was not anticipating this." But when bad things happen, you will feel, "This shouldn't be happening," or "This wouldn't have gone down this way if not for X, Y, and Z." And as Buddhist and Stoic philosophies teach us, "WOULD HAVE" and "SHOULD HAVE" are diseased terms that instigate the vast majority of our personal suffering. So get rid of them.

You're in the process, right now, of improving yourself. College and braces are two big steps forward in that process. Appreciate them. Be committed to them. Work hard in school and be diligent in caring for your braces. It will all pay off in the end. But only if you stay focused and keep working.

Don't bring a girl to a 18+ club

That's an interesting perspective to have

Why not? I've never been to a 18+ club before and I think it would be fun to bring a girl there.

shudda mewed instead of falling for the orthodontist jew

18+ clubs are lame as fuck

I'm an 18 year old virgin going to college next year too man, just got braces put on last week. I'm not gonna lie and tell you that it's not as bad as you think, because it's pretty bad. I've been made fun of a few times already and it's been really hard to eat, which is shitty for me cause I've been trying to bulk from skelly mode these last few months. All I can say is we're in this together man, you're not the only one, hang in there.

I am 18. What else am I suppose to do?

thanks, dude. My dentist did give me a long list of which foods to avoid. I dunno how I am going to floss with this shit on. I have almost 3 weeks until they are scheduled to be on.

It sounds like your mommy and daddy are still making all of your decisions for you, and paying for them too.

Until you get to a point where you are relying on yourself and deciding whether you want braces and seeing what other options you have, enjoy being the societal chuck that gets to watch Chad fuck every sweet sweet Betty while you're being a wallflower drinking free sips of warm left over beer because mommy and daddy didn't give you enough money to buy your own beer that week.

Get your braces and go chew on bricks.

>I am desperate to have a nice college experience.

Go watch The Tatami Galaxy and then come back.

Nigga just get invisalign.

nigga it won't affect you at all.

literally nobody gives a shit about your fucking teeth. not a single fuck will even notice.

>that projection

I'm sorry about your lack of independence bro.

>5'10
>worry about his braces that aren't permanent when he has to live with being a manlet for the rest of his life

I had braces for my first year. I dont think anyone really noticed. My suitemates jokes a couple of times of it being my grill. Just dont smile

dont bring sand to the beach

Are you fucking 12 ? No one gives a shit about braces.

Ask your dentist to use the clear colored braces. Not a big deal.

>How fucked will braces make my social life in college?
It's already fucked, you're unironically asking this question as if braces are the sole reason people would think you're a social retard. No one cares. Typical college freshmen, getting all anxious about shit that no one cares about.

Jesus Christ the lack of confidence in this thread is disgusting.

19 now, got braces when I was17, no one gives a fuck about braces. I was just out of skelly when I got them and barely getting in shape now and don't get shit with them. Never had a gf until I got them, received female attention after I had them, it's really all how you play it. Women might sling bullshit at you about them but your response is what matters. If you're a bitch about it then people can smell your weakness. Good god, if you really look fit then braces are a non issue.

Unfuck yourselves and fast gentlemen.