What's this lift's fucking problem...

What's this lift's fucking problem? On some days i can easily to 10 reps with my usual weight and on others i can barely grind 5 reps with the same fucking weight

do you deload or are you one of those idiots that never deloads even though they fail their rep range for weeks on end until they progress

also your form could be wish washy

hey friend can i ask?

What's the point of deloading?
If you want to ease it up a little, why not just take a full week off from the gym and just eat and sleep and rest up?

those are beneficial maybe a couple times a year but i save weeks off for vacations and sickness.

varying intensity is the best way to build muscle and strength, i dont feel like googling but using a weight that's heavy for you constantly without deloading after a couple fails actually hinders gains

you can still grow when you drop 10 percent and work your way back up naturally, in fact you grow FASTER

thanks I will definitely keep it in mind. Everyone is so gung ho in the gym to show off, its hard to back off sometimes

OP I know what you mean and here's my thoughts.. OHP is primarily front delts and not so much chest at all like some believe.
The front delts are easily the most overworked muscle group so sometimes i feel like mine are more sore than others.

I cannot give you good advice if you don't tell us a brief training history, an overview of your diet/sleep schedule and how much you weigh/how high you are

Deloading helps your muscles recover while keeping them active, at the same time adding in a little muscle confusion to your routine. It acts as a pseudo 'reset' button for lifting where your body can recover under less stress to prepare for pushing past the next plateau. In a way you're tricking your body into doing better.

You need to shock your muscles/CNS to create growth or reaction. There's nothing 'shocking' about lifting the same (or similar) weight for the same reps all the time, or adding the same 2.5/5lbs per week. It's linear, stagnant, you need to mix it up that's why progressive overloading/deloading are things.

Reload but perform amrap on your last set

>you can still grow when you drop 10 percent and work your way back up naturally, in fact you grow FASTER

proofs?

anyone else feel dizzy during first reps?

I dont think I have ever read such an uninformed paragraph loaded with broscience bullshit before.

Troll?

There is no such thing as "muscle confusing".

>doing SL
>squat 120kg
>OHP 35kg
>cry

The Press smells your fear

This

When I do OHP my hands are shoulder width apart. Am I making it harder or easier? Should I go closer to OP's pic?

On deadlift, yes.

this is the most accurate one
OPs picture might theoretically be more favourable for a new lifter due to less ROM but do your rotator cuff a favour and do it shoulder width like any other good presser that has done it for years like e.g. klokov

I go wide with DBs and narrow on BBs.

Seems to work for me.

100% sure you are not performing the lift as a full body movement and just leaving your shoulders and triceps to do the majority of the movement. Get your form right and the consistency will be there.

..is that not how you're meant to do it?

>that guy that does push presses

I do Push presses, Strict Presses on the rack AND Z-Presses in the squat rack, hindering someone else from doing his bubble butt lift there

what are you gonna do about it, little fry?

clean the bar and front squat

>no such thing as "muscle confusing"
Okay... what is "muscle memory" then?
Checkmate Atheists

>OHP 35kg
I literally did that in my 3rd week of SS while squatting 65KG. What the fuck are you doing?

Muscle memory
Muscle confusion
Muscle sadness
Muscle anger

All these are real and have a HUGE effect on gains

I'm exactly the same dude, I'm baffled by it. All my other lifts are basically consistent, progressing regularly, except the fucking OHP. I have no idea why.

Arnold never said anything about shocking (aka confusing) the muscle to overcome plateaus. How fucking new are you that you don't think you need to switch it up to break down muscles in different unfamiliar ways?

Is there such a thing as muscle love?

muscle love is what you feel when you have a syk pump

Myo-nuclei in muscle cells provide a pathway for "muscle memory", or why you regain strength so quickly after a few months off.

you think you know better than Arnold?

LOOOOOLLLLLLL