Happy Healthy Vegan

Why haven't you already gave up on meat? We only live once and everyone should try to get the best out of his body and a Vegan diet is the best you can do.

>Better health
>Cheap
>dem ethic gains
>Planet love

Pretty much the best way to prevent cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular problems like heart dease and a lot more stuff. A clean vegan diet is always been proven to make you age less.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5EYjvArbwnE
youtu.be/tpUEv0gB2mw
nutritionfacts.org/?fwp_search=Parkinsons&fwp_content_type=video
apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/38133/1/9251030979_eng.pdf)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=5EYjvArbwnE

You know what is more humane? Not killing the goat and eating falafel instead

>better health
entirely dependent on each person

>cheap
not if you're trying to live on a high protein diet

>dem ethic gains
well yeah, you don't eat animals, the flipside to that is you support industries which regularly cull animals to prevent crop destruction, so I'd say your ethics gains low/no deal.

>planet love
going vegan is worse for the planet than ethically eating meat.

why are there so many vegan threads on Veeky Forums suddenly?

is it summer, What the Health, or both?

a falafel has 2.3 grams of protein, a serving of goat has 23 grams of protein. you decide which is the better option.

reddit veganism thing decided to branch out

>Hurr muh proteins
First of all, people eat way too much meat. 23 g protein is about 100 g goat, nobody eats that little.
Secondly, if it's protein you're concerned about just eat some seitan, tofu or tempeh, or some beans, lentils or chickpeas or something

All animals that are killed when farming are killed by machines that pull up crops from the ground, and that number is literally in the thousands. Much, much better than killing billions every year

im allergic to legumes and soy.
can't be vegan even if i wanted too .

i am vegan, its great

>not if you're trying to live on a high protein diet

Yeah cause legumes and soy are soooo expensive.

I get 500gr dehydrated soy which is 1.5bucks a pack.
And its 50gr+ protein per 100gr...

And lentils are like 1-2bucks a kg?
24gr protein pero 100gr...

every time you post a vegan thread i eat a piece of meat i wasn't planning on eating

>First of all, people eat way too much meat.

I completely agree.

>Secondly, if it's protein you're concerned about just eat some seitan, tofu or tempeh, or some beans, lentils or chickpeas or something

i'd prefer not to have an amino acid deficiency thanks.

>All animals that are killed when farming are killed by machines

are you seriously that stupid? pesticides kill animals, fertilizers kill animals, animals are killed when farmland is cleared for planting, and depending on where you are animals are directly targeted for culling because they destroy crops. hell a quarter of the elephants killed in Africa are killed by farmers protecting their livelihood.

>and that number is literally in the thousands.

it's in the billions. trust me.

"Hey user why haven't you blablabla [something about some cause]"
I don't get this shit. What are you hoping to accomplish here? Do you seriously believe you're making a change of some sorts?

I just ate a slice of smoked horse meat because of this. Just so happens I also really hate horses so it's a double win.

op killed a horse and a chicken so far

wanna go for another?

When you get cancer can you please cry about it on YouTube

only if when you get different cancer from all the organophosphates and antibacterial compounds and BPA's your vegetables are packaged in you do the sane

veganism is the definition of white privilege. i can understand having food allergies or just a bad stomach where you're forced to make dietary changes.

but if you're just some average joe why would u go out of way to stop eating a certain food just because your life has no "greater" meaning.
you have meme'd yourself into a purpose by joining some label just so you can feel better than others while you suck ass in other fields.

for every great vegan athlete you have thousands who eat meat and out perform or do just as good as them.

white people are cringe

Nah, I smoked for years and love drinking booze. I'll accept what I've got coming. Tasty horse though.
There's probably some other deli meats left. Time for a late-night snack.

shit dude i might go snag an antipasto tray i have some good swiss cheese too

you might not get cancer if you've quit smoking, i've heard most of the damage is healed if you stop before you're 30

Decided to go vegan this week. Groceries $242 for 2 people. Highest grocery bill yet. Using Engine 2 meal planner. Wtf

Just scored some salami for that extra nitrite-induced esophageal and colon cancer. This was a good meat night, I think I'm fully rehabbed from my 4 years of vegetarianism. Time to snooze and let the amino acids get put to use.

so I had some salami... or was it sausage... idk meat log, made from Minke Whale. it was fucking gross.

At least this is a good thing about living in Belgium. We sure like our gourmet foods. Great deli stuff to be found everywhere. And buff, mutant cows.

I hope we cross paths when the race war starts. I'm going to shoot both your legs and take all your supplies.

Since when millenials replaced the word vegetarian with vegan?

Vegetarian became too mainstream. They had to go to vegan in order to feel special.

Soon, they'll be going to an all-dirt-and-air diet and end up killing themselves in their efforts to be special. That will be special, indeed.

Vegetarian includes animal products like eggs and dairy (even honey).

Veganism is no animal products at all.

It makes sense to make the distinction between vegetarian and vegan.

You make these same two inane posts back to back every week.

This is Veeky Forums, no one cares. Vegans that go vegan for ethical reasons are shit tier holier than thou idiots that live off of cherios, soda, and oreos.

Veeky Forums vegans do it for dem health gains and eat mostly whole food plants. Everything else is just a secondary benefit.

I think if we just had a word for non-militant veganism that do it for health reasons and don't give a shit if a pastry has minor amounts of milk, eat meat when going out with friends and family, and don't act like complete cunts about their snow flake diet then half the people on this board would do it.

The problem is that the health benefits of a vegan diet are wildly overstated (when they actually are shown to exist and aren't just correlations from observational studies or intentionally abused controlled animal studies) by the most visible advocates of eating that way for health reasons because those people are actually low-key animal rights activists who don't care about your well-being so long as they can reduce demand for animal products. Most health-vegans probably wouldn't be vegan if they were more scientifically literate.

>implying
I'm a vegan for ethical reasons and I eat junk very rarely, just like when I wasn't a vegan. Being a vegan does not necessitate (or exclude) being a hippie, a health nut, or whatever else you conflate it with.

Guy you originally replied to here. Not vegan, but cutting back on animal products and upping plants.

Most of the stuff I've heard about is from nutritionfacts youtube channel by Dr. Gregor. I've read a few other studies, most of which were intervention studies, like they take a group of people, cut it and half, use a control, then modify the diet and report the results.

Every one where animal products are cut out show significant improvement in blood tests for insulin tolerance, LDL, and total serum cholesterol, less cancer, and on and on.

Where as most of the pro meat/egg studies take people with "average" (aka shitty) cholesterol levels, usually over 200, and add in an egg or steak a day, and of course there isn't any change, because most of them were already in a poor state anyway.

Anecdotally, I notice when I eat less protein in general and get around 60-90ish grams a day, I still get great gains and don't feel as stiff and slow. Probably just the GI not having to use as much energy.

I'm never going to be full vegan, because that's like being straight edge or something. A beer every now and then isn't going to cause disease, and an occasional cut of lean meat won't either. It's doing something bad chronically over a long time where your body just can't keep up with its upkeep where disease occurs, imo.

I just think of it as eating really well.

>entirely dependent on each person

The average person develops some form level of atherosclerosis over their lifetime, and it is entirely induced by animal products. Should be not be making health choices for the average (majority) of people? Show me the DNA indicator that shows that you're immune to heart disease, and by all means continue your shitty diet.

>the flipside to that is you support industries which regularly cull animals to prevent crop destruction

55 million chickens are killed a day by meat industry. 98% of them (non free range) live their entire lives in darkness prevented from seeing the sun, standing in feces and suffering of untreated disease.

bunnies and rodents are displaced by farming, but the utilitarian comparison is laughable. plant farming objectively causes far less suffering. Also, the meat industry engages in more deforestation than any crop industry.

There is nothing inherently wrong with killing animals just as there is nothing inherently wrong with killing plants.

Yeah showing lots of love for the planet by shipping your fresh veggies from the other side of the planet by plane not to mention how harmful farming in general is to the environment. Its not healthy either. A balanced diet with a bit of fish and meat is natural and ideal. Screw off, nigger

Eating a bathtub full of kale for dinner is not fun.

>there is nothing inherently wrong with killing animals

Is there nothing inherently wrong with bringing a creature with a mammalian nervous system and the ability to feel fear, pain, suffering, remorse, and regret into this world to live a life of almost non-stop suffering then brutal death for the sole purpose of providing your next meal? Would you prefer to do that, or plant some seed and grow a crop that is devoid of a high level nervous system and the ability to feel pain?

And yet you still feel the need to act like a holier than thou cunt.

You could easily get 100 people to cut their animal product consumption in half for every 1 you can get to go, usually very temporarily, full vegan.

Veganism is too restrictive to ever be full mainstream like most of you seem to think it can be. Thinking diet is either or always leads to failure if you're not 100% devoted, and the average normie convert isn't, and rarely lasts more than 2 weeks because they get too hyped and jump straight in, don't eat enough calories, feel like shit, and quit. Convinced it's bullshit they'll never try again.

If you guys focused on getting people to slowly ease into a mostly vegan diet I think your movement would reduce suffering exponentially more than focusing on creating vegan converts.

I agree with this. So does Arnie iirc.

Most of their lives are continual comfort but a YouTube education won't give you that knowledge. And the death is quick and and unseen. Also just because plants don't have eyes or brains doesn't mean they aren't sentient in their own way. Did you know that when trees are harvested they perceive it as if they are being attacked by insects so they send messages out to the surrounding trees through their roots and they will all release pesticides at the same time? So they can clearly communicate and act in the best interest of the community and who knows maybe in their way perceive something as painful in their own way.

>wade through ankle deep mud, shit, and piss
>eat only potatoes, antibiotics, and water
>no women anywhere to nut in
>20 people living in same house

That's the human equivalent of a CAFO. Seems pretty comfy, actually.

>inherently wrong
Please outline a basis for the objective and universal system of morals that makes providing an animal with food, shelter, companionship and safety in exchange for a quick death (I know that's not what happens in factory farms but that's not what you were talking about) and consumption "inherently wrong."

They do have a case when it comes to environmental impact though. Battery-farmed animals are fed grain that's grown the same way as grain meant for human consumption, but it takes 10 calories of grain to grow 1 calorie of meat. There would be a total of less demand for grains and other animal feed if we ate less meat and went one trophic level down for more of our calories.

>Show me the DNA indicator that shows that you're immune to heart disease,
Funny you mention genetics. Turns out that there is a strong genetic component to how well people fare on a vegetarian diet. Most people whose genes are from Europe or South America will suffer from deficiencies on a veg diet, while Indians, Africans and Asians do much better.

Yup, those things did happen, and the studies that claim eating eggs and meat has no effect on cholesterol are intentionally misleading and sponsored by the egg industry. The problem is using these things to make the case that a vegan diet is objectively better than a pescetarian or ovo-lacto diet or even one that just has way less animal product than typical. There are also papers that appear to show that fish and dairy can both help manage certain conditions.

Honestly the only thing that's really settled is that being fat and eating meals that are huge insulin bombs is bad for you.

I am vegetarian and agree with Veganism in principle, I just seem to have trouble cutting out milk in coffee for example. I think you are wasting your time trying to have sensible discussions about it on Veeky Forums though, most of this board still lives in 1995 when they think you still need to take protein powder etc.

>Not vegan, but cutting back on animal products and upping plants.
way to be, man. I'm also eating lots of vegetables, fruit, legumes, and probiotics. probio dairy is my main un-vegan staple food.

you can take a gallon of skim milk (gross) and turn it into a nonfat, lactose-free, microbial food (delicious). I'm currently soaking homemade granola in a mix of peanut butter and homemade skyr.

I also used the whey from the skyr to make brine and fermented garlic, carrots, and onions.

I tend to eat a lot of protein derived from skyr, peanut butter, mushrooms, and legumes

so literally employment?

I don't think the case is "these guys are evil buttholes, so eggs/meat are bad", I think the case is "intervention where saturated fats are removed reverse heart disease".

Which if true, which most studies suggest, wouldn't lacto-ovo still be bad? If saturated fat and cholesterol do raise blood cholesterol levels, then wouldn't that make milk products and eggs bad too? You're still cutting out a lot of saturated fat/cholesterol consumption by cutting out meat, but those two foods still have a lot of both.

I forgot what exactly the argument against fish nutritionally speaking was. I think it was basically farm fish = poor nutrient qualities plus excessive antibiotic use, and wild caught fish = PCBs and heavy metals from pollution.

Idk man. I'm just going to eat more plants, not worry about shit like minor amounts animal products (milk in homemade bread, for example) and have a few servings of lean meat a month or something.

Sorry dude but this comment just tells me you have no idea what vegans actually eat, or how to make delicious meals with only plant-based ingredients.

>Projecting human ideas of comfort on herd animals
Lol dude. They're steers they have no desire for females. They only spend the last few months of their life in the feed lot you described. Not that it really bothers animals genetically made for wading through the sloppy muddy fields of the English isles. And cows are herd animals so they aren't comfortable at all when alone and very, very comfortable in large groups.

Is it true you only need 24g of protein for optimum health?

youtu.be/tpUEv0gB2mw

I've seen hospital ward full of Parkinson's patients. My dad sitting there with his early symptoms watching people with the later stages of the disease. Shit was horrid. Also no cure and gets progressively worse. I rather kms than ever live with that disease.
For that reason I am going towards vegan thought I have not yet fully done that.

animals beyond humans have no worth beyond their meat and pelt

Only that you'll slowly deteriorate and forget how you once felt/thought. Parkinson and dementia are scary as fuck. At least it's very far away and a healthy lifestyle helps a ton.

I'm so sorry brah. I mean you still could very easily be vegan. Pea and rice protein supplements are dirt cheap and rice, potatoes, pasta, etc are tasty carbs... then there's all fruit and veg safe for you I assume. If you really care about the health and wallet boons veganism provides you really can easily make it work.

Hahahahaahagadhdj I wish

nutritionfacts.org/?fwp_search=Parkinsons&fwp_content_type=video

Godspeed

Probably as an absolute minimum, not if you want to get stronger and sustain that strength.

>getting 16 grams of incomplete protein in a ONE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED CALORIE (1300 calorie) meal is good, goy!

>i'd prefer not to have an amino acid deficiency thanks
Eating seitan, tofu and tempeh would totally prevent that. Name ONE (1) essential amino acid that you can't get from these sources, or plain old beans, lentils, chickpeas as well as oats and soy milk

>Most of the stuff I've heard about is from nutritionfacts youtube channel by Dr. Gregor. I've read a few other studies

LOL, basing anything out of that is kinda silly. He too is a shill.

>i'd prefer not to have an amino acid deficiency thanks.

Being this retarded unironically lmao

F U C K O F F

plant protein has dogshit bioavailability. It could have the most amazing amino acid profile but unfortunately WE AREN'T COWS. Go back to your vegan cult websites fucking sjw.

Don't buy retarded expensive food you don't need. You're probably buying a retarded amounts of luxarys. Just buy some rice, oats, fruits, plant based milk and maybe some lentils or some shit. It's not so complicated bro...

Protein Source Bio-Availability Index
Whey Protein Isolate Blends 100-159
Whey Concentrate 104
Whole Egg 100
Cow's Milk 91
Egg White 88
Fish 83
Beef 80
Chicken 79
Casein 77
Rice 74
Soy 59
Wheat 54
Beans 49
Peanuts 43

Lol, enjoy your no gains and malnutrition vegtard.

Tfw you don't know if it's bait or not.

>Protein Source Bio-Availability Index

Where did you get this? I can't find any study using this index, only forums.

This study(apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/38133/1/9251030979_eng.pdf) from the WHO shows this index, clearly different from yours.

"Table 8. Some values (%) for digestibility of proteins in man.

True Digestibility

Protein source
Mean Reference:

Egg 97
Milk, Cheese 95
Meat, Fish 94
Maize 85
Rice, polished 88
Cottonseed 90
Sunflower seed, flour 90
Wheat, whole 86
Wheat, refined 96
Wheat flour, white 96
Wheat gluten 99
Oatmeal 86
Millet 79
Peas, mature 88
Peanuts 94
Peanut butter 95
Soyflour 86
Soy protein isolate 95
Beans 78
Corn, whole 87
Farina 99
Triticale 90
Corn, cereal 70
Wheat, cereal 77
Rice, cereal 75
Oats, cereal 72
Maize + beans 78
Maize + beans +milk 84
India rice diet 77
Indian diet + milk 87
Chinese mixed diet 96
Brazilian mixed diet 78
Filipino mixed diet 88
American mixed diet 96
Indian rice + beans diet 78"

I think that index came from some retarded paleo forum and one user here keeps reposting it (also made an infograph with it).

How do you prepare the soy so it doesn't taste like shit?

If by dehydrated soy he means TVP then you just throw in spices worry free. It's easier to work with than ground beef.