QTDDTOT

Questions that don’t deserve their own thread.

Post em here

was it, Veeky Forums?

Is Marxism just Hegelian materialism?

Not even that.

Should have made a thread about this one desu

Could the American Civil War have been avoided without fighting?

Not with Lincoln as president; Lincoln greatly overstepped the de jure powers of the Presidential office in a way not all that different from Andrew Jackson to try and stop secession in some states, and this made him a thoroughly despised character in the South well before the Civil War.

First off, I'm retarded. Or I'm trying to stave off a panic attack so my thinking is retarded.

I'm reading EP Thompson's "Moral Economy of the English Crowd" and need to choose a primary source in the text to write about and then bring to class to discuss. We are supposed to discuss how the author uses this primary source.

In this context, Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations is a primary source right? Thompson is talking about Smith as part of this new free trade model of economics. Not sure if/when Wealth of Nations would even be a secondary source, but like I said I'm retarded thanks

did Nixon please his wife?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you? I get that secession was largely a reaction to Lincoln's election but the Civil War began (CSA formed and Fort Sumter attacked) before he was even inaugurated. Violent action was taken by the South before Lincoln even had a chance to abuse the powers of his office.

Yes, even after Secession it wasnt a foregone conclusion. There were quite a few Southerners, including political figures, who voted for Secession in hopes of gaining security within the Union at a later date.

What? Sumter happened a month after his inauguration. The Fort was ungarrisoned until he decided to press the issue.

Southern leaders were in Washington trying to negotiate with Seward while they secretly sent a relief force to Charleston.

>What's LARPing in the Veeky Forums context?

Not really. I don't think Marxism is Hegelian at all.

The idea that class struggle is an actual dialectic is retarded.

You're right, I was very mistaken.

pic

What kind of goddamn meme responses are these? "I don't think"? This isn't a matter of opinion.

Subpar bait

>This isn't a matter or opinion
Neither is you being a huge faggot

why is the Veeky Forums coat of arms the HRE one since it seems germans are hated on this board

Live Action Role Playing=when nerds dress up and pretend to be wizards as a game

In the Veeky Forums sense, its any political movement based mostly or soley around "dressing up" and/or cool symbols. Any time you see a group discussing what their flag, uniform, and symbols should look like rather than any politics being discussed, its LARPing

We hate ourselves

Because of the meme arrows