Why do dyels always talk about bench as if it's the exercise that defines your strength?

Why do dyels always talk about bench as if it's the exercise that defines your strength?

Because its the only one they know.

RATTLE RATTLE EAT MORE CATTLE

>home gym master race

it literally is the only exercise that matters.

no one gives a shit about your atg squat if you cant bench 2 plate for reps.

Toughfats do this too

I've noticed this, fats and toughfats always have decent to great bench numbers

ATLAS STONE is the real shit for defining your functional strength. Deadlift, Squat, OHP, everything else is useless compared to it.

functional strength is being able to do a pullup you fatass

Get your bench up if you don't like it.

This.
Start using the big boy™ dumbbells (110 lbs and over) and watch the mires roll in as you are benching more with one arm than most are with two.

OHP is a far better way to show strength. Unlike bench where u can simply get fatter and your bench will skyrocket, ohp takes far longer to build up. 155x4 yesterday.

any skinny ass fuckboy can do a pull up bro. it takes real strength to move shit like that. you think a lil fucking twink is gonna lift a sofa? hell no.

Kek

>only exercise that matters
not in a fight you dumbass. Just wait until your knocked out cold in front of a bar because your torso and neck couldn't hold up, and your punches were weak because you have no leg drive.

t. has never been in a physical altercation

>tfw i just got to the hundreds and thought i was a big boy now.

gotta be strong for your wife's needings, keep up the good work, cuck

>only exercise that matters
I fucking bet you anything a guy with a strong squat and deadlift that doesn't bench at all will have better overall strength development for combat and field sports than some dude that only benches

top kek

As someone that favors this lift and can at best pushpress 120, good job man. How long to get there and what routine?

less rom bc of their mantits

Riddle me this then fucko, why has dirty bulking been the only thing that really makes my ohp go up consistently?

are you a girl?

Bench has essentially zero importance in strength or aesthetics. Handstands, OHP, dumbbell presses in all angles, even incline bench is better than flat bench. Yet people insist like it's some golden feat of strength.

do anyone have his social media?

Why faggots like you always bring up fighting (especially retarded brawls) when the topic is STRENGTH? On top of that it's always some skinny dyel.

Bench press looks alpha. Everyone knows what it is. They think if you can bench a lot that you will have big biceps. I love flat bench. It's my 3rd favorite exercise behind OHP and diddles but I'm not delusional by thinking me benching 315 is more impressive than me deadlifting 455

>OHP
>handstands
>strength
Yes because pushing things upwards or standing on my hands has really been the defining point in my life, people come from miles to see me lift my own shitty weight wow.

Bench is important because it goes with the pushing motion. If a man weighing 170lbs come rushing at you, you should be able to easily grab him and throw him like a small child if you bench.

I agree. I recently hit 205x2 on OHP after 1 year and 3 months of training while only the last 7 month's doing OHP. Im so close to 2pl8 but it feels so far away. Just push harder friend!

155 was my longest stall and it took me just under a year of lifting total while training OHP for about 4 months to get there. However, my 2 buddys I lift with have told me that I'm a genetic freak when it comes to OHP so I wouldn't take my progress as the normal.

It's normies in general, they only know this one.

Squats too lately since it's become a normie meme.
>heh looks like someone skipped leg day
>10,000 fb likes

Same reason most of you fags think about squats and deads but not running, or pull ups and rows but not swimming, you just relate to what you know.

I feel like crying anytime this Webm or anything related is posted.

>never
You can only imagine how dumb I must think you are since I have been in fights. Stay REKT homo.
>topic is STRENGTH
What do people use strength for? to fight and to get themselves out of dangerous situations. In both cases, having strong legs is super important.

I just open carry and no one starts any fights with me. Tbqh getting in street fights is nigger/highschool tier.

what a load of shit

and then you qualify it with your mediocre ass OHP, opinion discarded

I bet you have a goatee and smoke bunk weed.

when she snaps her neck off to avoid his kiss

I've seen dyel's that can dl 455. Never seen a dyel benching 315.

>What do people use strength for?
For bench pressing

Lol, bench involves the most important muscles for throwing a punch, you don't need thick ass quads for leg drive. Also you have clearly never been in a fight.

315 bench IS more impressive, 455 deadlift is weak af

>TFW 330lbs but just a 507lbs deadlift
>can't deadlift 455 on most days
>can bench 315 on every day, except being sick
>benched 308 while having stomach flu.

Having a spinal birth defect is suffering.

Holy shit that webm triggers me. You know that girl probably gave a blowjob to some chad in a sketchy bar while he considers a hug a "win".

yeah, he is no longer this cringy. He's a normal kid.

The pecs just doesn't contract fast enough to contribute into explosive movements enough, it preforms more of a supporting role.
A push press is more effective for training pushing as it forces the lifter to be in an athletic stance, and explodes with the quads and hips and transfers the force into the bar and contines the motion with the delts.
This mimics a explosive press as your body quickly adjusts and explodes towards the target and then the shoulders and triceps
follow through.
Think, have you ever seen a boxer punch with the same form as a bench using the pecs as a primary mover.
Have you ever seen a linemen in the nfl push another linemen with form similar to a bench.
All these movements start with a quick explosion with the lower body and is transferred into the shoulders and triceps.
All though your motion is on a horizontal plane like a bench, your pecs are not a primary mover in quick and explosive pushing motions.

All those motions are done with tucked elbows just like you should do bench. Your entire post is retarded you need to use your pecs to throw a punch there's literally no other muscle that can extend your arm directly in front of you.

Because i can bench 260 and squat 200.
Pls don't bully

Anterior delt.
Your pecs move your arms together like a hugging motion.
Your anterior delt moves your arm up in a vertical motion.
>Try this at home.
Stand up
Point your elbows down at your floor.
Bring our hand towards your shoulders, keeping your elbow in positions.
Now contract your anterior deltoid and your triceps simultaneously.
>Now does this resemble the motion you described.
Now pin you shoulder blades back and try it again, now you should feel you pecs contract more.
In terms you can understand, a push is like a close grip bench, where you don't retract scapular, the movement is linear (in a straight line from body) so it can create the most speed (distance/time) thus more power.

>Being this sour at a 13 year old girl

t. /R9k/

i ask guys what they bench all the time to bond

stop being anal about socializing user, maybe then you wouldn't have to post in these threads

M8, your squat total barely effects your punch leg drive.

I always talk about my OHP and Deadlift because nobody else does those lifts, so they think 120kg 1RM is impressive

Eh, 3pl8 bench is on par with like a 5-5.5pl8deadlift senpai

>tfw failed my final rep of my finak set of 5x5 today
>tfw it was only 50kg

3 plate bench is easily on par with a mid 500s / low 600s deadlift

Underappreciated post

>mfw I bench 85 kg 3x5 but struggle with 27.5kg dumbbells

That's not normal right? I see guys using much heavier DBs but have a weaker bb bench than me. Dumbbells just feel awkward as fuck and I can't really "activate" my chest with them so I never use them. I just do bb bench and cable flyes for chest.

How long are you resting between sets?

Not long enough today i know; was running late because some fags hogged it for ages. Rushed them with 90 sec breaks and didn't even have time to do planks at the end of the session

yeah I wouldn't worry about it then. You should be able to hit it easily next session.

>u can simply get fatter and your bench will skyrocket

This is true to some degree, because 1" of chest fat will mean 1" less range of motion required before the bar touches your "chest".

>not in a fight you dumba...

Who the fuck cares? are you 12?

>and your punches were weak because you have no leg drive

So thats why featherweights never knock anyone out in the UFC

>tfw narrow bitch chest
deadlift 495 but cant press 250 checking in.