Tfw your hernia pops out every rep and pushing it back after the set has become painful

>tfw your hernia pops out every rep and pushing it back after the set has become painful

What inconveniences your lifting?

Wrist tendonitis, henmorhoids

Just have to play with the cards youre dealt my man

Being old.
Double hernia repair? Check.
Heart surgery? Check.
Hemorrhoids? Check.
Shitty recovery? Check.

>no legs below shin, so basically no feet
>have metal robo legs
>cept they suck ass and have a weight limit to them
>high rep baby weight so the fuckers don't break on me mid rep
>company makes heavy duty prosthetic ankles with 800lbs weight limit
>2500$
>per foot
at least I have an excuse for everyday being upper body day

Question for the hernia fags, any prevention tips?

You don't prevent them; they're a genetic defect. When they get to interfere with life, you get them repaired.

Upside, my double-mesh arthroscopic repair had me squatting again in two weeks.

They just happen, there isn't much to prevent them from happening. Shit luck is what it comes down to.

For me, my hernia doesn't bother me so I can do everything like usual but it's a ticking time bomb since hernia don't heal, a surgery is needed once it gets bad enough. It's unneeded stress for my life.

Take your legs off and learn to do shin squats.

ive had hemmorhoids for like a year now

how come they dont get infected? isnt my shit touching open sores?

Is there any particular reason to do zercher squats aside from trying to get on disability?

ffs eat more cabbage and broccoli

Slept on my right shoulder wrong back in February, haven't done a single bench press since. My shoulder barely holds the weight of the bar so I supplement with chest press and flies.

horrible balance on them due to them not being perfectly round/flat. side of them is very bony and I'd have to basically put all the weight on it unless I take a very wide stance.

Forearm tendonitis, pretty much arm splints.

You should probably get that hernia fixed.

How old are we talking? Does your recovery change that drastically?

I have permanent rotator cuff injury from falling down a staircase and putting my arm outwards to stop my fall... It is what limits me on the bench. Very slowly I used just the bar and now my shoulder is up to 75 pounds at 3 reps of 10. I can physically handle much greater, but my shoulder is starting to catch back up. Has taken 4 months but I could have hurried it if I went to the gym more often.

I've had 2 hernia repairs in my life.

First one was 2 inches above my belly button. That one had to be fixed because I woke up and was bleeding out of it, causing a small pool on my stomach. I got that one from lifting water heaters solo at 19. They cut me just below the belly button, and there was an infection in my stomach cavity at the time so they could only sew the muscle and no patch. That one had the longest damn recovery time because all my core muscles were sliced in order to fix it. You don't really know how many muscles you use until you have to be carried around by another grown ass man until you finally regain enough strength to move yourself. That recovery took 6 weeks to walk without losing stamina, 3 months to get back to normal function, 6 months 0 pain.

My second one was on my groin. I popped a hernia above my left nut and that caused such a significant amount of pain I would have to stop all outside interaction until I could focus on anything but the radiating screaming coming from my left testicle. That was fixed just days after it happened, I actually couldn't walk. They went in on my waistline, I have a 4inch incision. I was 22, so it was recent. The recovery was not near as long, but I do have a couple lasting things. Firstly, it took me only 2 weeks before I could walk without being carried or assisted in any way.

Unfortunately, I still have pains to this day, almost a year later after the surgery. It might be days or weeks inbetween, but it happens every once a while. Until I started weight lifting I was having pain every day. Now that I've been lifting with a friend, I rarely have pains, if once a week. The lasting thing is numbness around the repair. A little in my thigh, a little in my stomach, and a little in my pubic region.

Oh well, every day I'm without pain I am thankful. The number 1 advice I got was to get active and walk as soon as I could. Your recovery gets much stronger.

>Zercher squats with heavy weight

Had the same thing, would hurt really bad doing simple things like letting go of an ez curl bar. Tried taking days off, stretching, nothing worked.

Bought some captains of crush grippers and that shit does wonders. I'm sure it's not about the weight so maybe even walmart/sporting good knock offs would work. Just the act of working that gripping muscle completely cured it. I do it daily

don't fall for the heavy lifting meme.

pics

Blood around (lower)digestive system is completely separate from others for this exact reason. Pretty cool.

>Arthritis/gout act up randomly, moreso random arthritis flare ups as the gout is controllable.
>Anything involving significant leg drive is ded.
>R.I.P legs/squats, diddles, maybe OHP and rows
Why the FUCK do I have this at 23

I'm 40 and my recovery is the same as it was when I was 25. When can I expect changes?

dude that is actually fucking badass. i salute you for bettering yourself instead of sitting in that festering pool of filth called self pity. you rock muh man.

checked

also you should buy wheel attachments for your feet and put motors on them so you can zip around

hi yoel

>rheumatoid arthritis
Shit man, my condolences.

It's okay, I still made it to 2 pl8 squat and 3 pl8 dead so far and I'm not stopping

I just hit that myself today with no semi-crippling chronic joint disease, I'm really mirin those lifts

did you kill fitty men

If you do strongman competitions they have tremendous carryover to events like
- conans wheel (natch)
- sandbag, keg, fire hydrant or other anteriorly loaded carries
- insofar as they train you to operate with a compressed diaphragm, continental cleans (and to a much lesser degree log cleans)
- atlas stones

It spares your spine from direct compression, which you will receive goddamn plenty of during super yoke walks.

If you're doing any sort of odd object lift like helping friends move, beltless zerchers are a great GPP

The only squats I do are zercher and SSB (I'm a bit too old and beat up for front squats without straps or a harness)

In short, a great lift.

I made the mistake of fapping before finishing my cardio. Now I'm too sleepy or whatever to finish the cardio. For fucks sake. Maybe I should risk a heart attack and take more pre workout right now. I really don't want to sleep. I want to finish my cardio.

My wrists are too rigid for normal bent-over rows. I have to do them reverse-gripped.

Well-deserved quads. Your insurance won't cover the better ankles?

Get a hover board prosthetic

Why the fuck did you fap in the middle of your workout?

It counts as extra cardio

The lost protein negates the miniscule benefit, unless you're wearing a condom then drinking your own semen.

Of course I drink my own semen, who did you take me for?

I was at doc to get referred to a physio for this, this morning. My doc is also a trained physio and lifts. Is also Australian.
>you haven't been squatting, have you mate?
>n-no. Just cardio.
>you're a fucking liar, aren't you mate?
>n-no...maybe
>dickhead...anyway, I know a good bloke
>t-thanks doc
>yeah yeah, you can fuck off now. Chad's got more brains than you

Start a gofundme and ask others to help you out.

"i dream of lifting heavy"

I have a ct scan this Wednesday to find out if I have an Inguinal hernia or not. Doc stuck his fingers up my nuts and made me cough, said he didn't feel the hernia bulge. The lump is the size of a walnut on my left groin where my leg meets but I have a smaller one in the exact same spot on the other side. Also, they aren't reducible. No matter how hard I try I can't get it to "go back in" like most people can with hernias. Any hernia bros know what the deal is? I'm hoping that because of my lack of pain, the doc not being able to feel it with the cough check, and it not being reducible that it is just swollen lymph nodes.