Why did you start lifting? Me - Gym class came and it was lifting time. Never lifted a day in my life. Weak frail kid...

Why did you start lifting? Me - Gym class came and it was lifting time. Never lifted a day in my life. Weak frail kid. Couldn't even bench the bar. Then the bigger and stronger kids were loading weight on. Felt like a weak puny pussy. Why'd you start?

was skinny fat and was a fucking loser. Senior year came by and i started making friends and some of which were lifting, so i joined them

started with the bar
now bench 2pl8 for reps

you can do it!

I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes 3 months ago. I was put on 3 medications, and my goal was to get off them as quickly as healthily possible.

Today I'm about 30 pounds lighter and on one medication.

Honestly, the only reason I'm lifting is so that my body isn't completely fucked once I get down to a healthy weight. Hopefully I'll learn to love lifting, though.

my gf told me to start

Cuck

I hope you drag her ass with you to the gym. If not , she is probably getting blacked while you're working out.

>get back into college 2 years after dropping out
>im a robot
>first day of college we're walking around getting a tour
>i went to the same college 2 years ago, but whatever
>one guy standing next to me introduces himself
>he's tall but on the fat side
>we start hanging out a bit
>he asks if i want to go to the gym with him
>"meeeeeeeeeeeeeeh"
>he keeps asking this over a period of days
>think to myself "i guess this could be a new start, i need to do something productive with my time anyway"
>agree
>we start going to the gym together
>start seeing progress
>become addicted to it and the pump

>also i met the love of my life in my college group
>every time i dont feel like going to the gym "do it for her" comes to mind
>she doesnt know i lift
>6 months later we end up together
>im already buffed at this point but she still doesnt know i started off as skeleton
>just noticed at one point that im big
>loves my muscles and loves how comfortable i feel
>now i lift for us

Talk less about your bitch and more about your bro please.
How did he do? Did he lose weight?

Veeky Forums

Bad breakup, figured if we're gonna go our separate ways it's best I be a better version of myself than I was with her.

This way I gained more than I lost when she left.

Also because i'm very imaginative and I love manly fictional characters. They really motivate me

>break up with highschool gf
>she gets a new bf immediately
>go to college
>look in mirror
>see skelly
>know what must be done

It's that simple boys

>suicidal ideations
>depression
>self harm

>Was fat weeb in high school
>Moved house had to bike to school
>Saw weight loss
>Realised I could change my body
>Been lifting ever since

>Why did you start lifting?
Years of bullying and being in a semi-violent household (Lots of screaming, sister pulling knife on us among other fucked up shit).
Got sick of being a weak, fat, sad cunt and decided to suck it up and lose weight.

He did. I was 78kg when i started and he was 115kg. We are both the same height so we looked like a fucking joke in the gym, but who cares.
Anyway we were working out together for around 4-5 months. At this point he lost around 8kg and i gained around the same amount. We stopped going together in the gym then because of college and all that.

8 months passed now since we started out and now he's at 98kg and im at 92kg. He loves to cycle and goes on 50km long drives sometimes. But he mostly ran in the gym, paying little attention to actual lifting so he's physically weak now, but looks a lot slimmer and nicer.

> be skinnyfat with bitchtits my entire life
> somehow get qt gf through dumb luck
> she breaks up with me because I'm a dumb cunt
> be depressed for two months
> Decide I'm not going to be a sad cunt any more
> focus on self-improvement and start lifting
> been 10 months since properly started lifting, gotten some gains
> turned multiple girls down because of lingering self esteem and vanity issues

slowly making it lads

I was fat and I hated myself. I was stronger than most of the non regular lifting people anyway, because of my fatness, but I wanted to look better.

I started lifting to protect myself from getting beaten up. Weird. I came to this realization after lifting for a year or two. I noticed that I only ever cared about getting big arms. I still had an interest in other body parts but it was primarily arms. I use to get bullied in school.

Remember the only time in high school when we got to do free weights in gym class, couldn't even bench the bar.

Fast forward about fifteen years and now I can do a reps with lmao2plaet and pull 2.5+xBW deadlifts.

>6th or 7th grade
>hit puberty
>get chunky
>niggers in gym class make fun of me
>go home and ask dad to buy me a weight set
>dad buys me one
>by 9th grade i am trying on my ROTC uniform and realize that i have a 6-pack
>lifting ever since (26 now)
fat shaming works. thank you, nigger bullies.

Got tired of looking like a 15 year old when i really was 19, so i started at 56 kg and im at 85 kg atm.
Now my buddy wants to lift with me and he is around 56 kg as well, i have mixed feelings if i want to train with him or not.

I don't remember exactly but probably this

mom told me to stop sittin at home playing video games
offer me to pay for gym membership
i took the offer

Basically pic related exept I was fat not Skelly.