Does intermittent fasting for 16 hours a day (as in sleep for 8 hours and refrain from eating for another 8) help with...

Does intermittent fasting for 16 hours a day (as in sleep for 8 hours and refrain from eating for another 8) help with overall quality of health, or is it more for losing weight? There must be some fasters here who can shed light on this issue.

there are several youtube videos explaining it better than anyone here could, stop being so lazy.

It's an easier way to keep a calorie deficit for weight loss. I don't know if meal timing has anything to do with 1quality of health except maybe energy levels at certain times of the day and

I believe it's mostly tailored for fat loss. I've been doing it for damn near 3 weeks and fat just melts off my midsection.

Didn't read, post more of the girl

The man needs a name.

MOMMY

Improves insulin sensitivity, growth hormone production, and fat burning.

Essentially this. You could do it at maintenance and you'd just improve basic QoL functions.

Do you eat in the morning -- noon -period, or noon -- evening -period?

I'm guessing that noon -- evening is easier.

I'm also curious about this. I'm presently doing recomp/slow bulk but want to know if 16/8 or 18/6 could have benefits still.

Just read the wiki entry. It's good and healthy, just don't overdo it.

I've been doing 16 hour fast every day for a few months now and I've def lost the flab I wanted to lose but no six-pack beach abs yet. Oddly haven't lost any weight, but I guess that's more to do with the 500mg of Sust I've been on.

been on it for 7.5 months. post is correct.

baby wants milky!!

I start eating at 14 and depending on my social life, stop at 20 or 22 when I'm out

Girl is Gosia Supa

>just don't overdo it
do you mean too short feeding window or doing it for longer duration overall?

How sweet would it taste lads?

I've been doing it for 4 weeks now and have lost 10 pounds without calorie counting. I know I am consuming far fewer calories though because I am not eating after 7pm, so no more late night snacks or beers. I also have a much better understanding of hunger and realized I was often eating out of habit/convenience rather than actually being hungry. And I also recognize that being hungry because I haven't eaten for half a day isn't the end of the world. The feeling usually passes within half an hour. I can't really speak to other "quality of life" issues aside from the fact that the weight loss is making me happier, as is the fact that I'm drinking less.

I prefer going 24 or 48 hours. Vastly increased the benefits mentioned by this user I feel great afterwards, my digestion is better and my muscles regenerate faster, at least that's how it feels. Lost 6 kg in two months without feeling like I am dieting. My meal sizes are huge and I don't count calories.