What rep scheme have you made your best squat progress on once past the first year?

What rep scheme have you made your best squat progress on once past the first year?

Other urls found in this thread:

oldschooltrainer.com/reg-parks-beginner-routine/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump

5s for the majority with higher rep supporting work.

Volume day could be 3-5*5, 1*8, 1*10, 1*12-15

I also have a friend who does a TM variant where he hits 3*5, 1*20 on volume day, and he's just hit a 5pl8 squat on this programme

Nice. Do you know what kind of weight he's working with on that 20 set?

I'm trying 5x7 right now sans warmup sets, switching from a 3x7 then previously 3x5 but I've never got as much out of my legs in strength and especially size as most fitizens I've seen over the past few years

3x8, is what i do for all the big lifts.

Deadlift, Squats, Bench and Push-Press

The highest I saw him get was 127.5*20 (kg)

What kind of frequency?

you could be doing a lot bigger weights if you didn't do such a retarded rep range

I always get up to ~175 lbs x 3 x 5 and then it turns into a good morning. Anyone else dealt with this? Also I can do like 135 lbs 3 x 5 front squats.

Many sets, low reps

Thank you comrade

>1x1 with the entire rack
>put bar under pegs and squatted it up

Weak hams, upper back, abs

More DL, SLDL and direct ab and oblique work. What's your current routine?

Reg Parks:
oldschooltrainer.com/reg-parks-beginner-routine/

I should add direct ab work. My deadlift is like 270 lbs x 5

It could be a technical issue, pay really good attention to your positioning, stretch to make sure you're hitting a good, hopefully quite upright bottom position, try a 3-5 second pause in the hole, then lead out of it with the chest

Tightness could also be relevant, make sure you're pulling the bar into your back hard, like you're doing a pull up, brace properly, knees out wide

Thanks bud.

3x5
5x5
3x3
1x3
8x2-3

It changes

6-8x2-3 is forever king of strength gains

Pretty much anything will work if you work hard and give it time

Hepburn type scheme with short rest
8*2 moving to 8*3, adding one rep

just rotate the pump work after in terms of lift and rep scheme as needed, and hit some heavier singles during warmup. Pump could be 3*8, 4*10, 1*20, whatever as long as you're consistently adding reps & weight

How long have you been running Hepburn/what have your results been like?

Noted
I will work harder

I did a Hepburn type scheme before my last surgery, but that was mainly to improve body comp.

I'm still bringing the weight up, but it's been the only setup that's been effective

Previous best was 545/325/605 with a 245 strict press @ 197. Bench has always been hard for me and pressing easy

Currently I'm pushing 385/235/465 (from 225/155/325, surgery was hell) for reps, so I figure I'm 85% or so of the way back to my old 1rm. Linear, ppl, TM; nothing was getting me close to my old levels. As my setup is a bit of a mishmash of his A/B/C routines, I just change things out when it gets stale.

If you've got the balls and mental stamina it works, but like a TM run it's more of a philosophy once you get past the first cycle. If you're shit at a lift, it'll either finally teach you stable form or kill your joints once it gets heavy enough

I'm pretty DYEL, but I have a very good squat for my body weight. 3x5 has ALWAYS been the number for me. As long as you work hard and are doing one of these you should be making at least 5, more like 10-15 lb squat gainz.

Do you think that running Hepburn was in any way linked to requiring surgery? Did you run Hepburn to reach those numbers in the first place?

I've always been tempted by it, the one thing holding me back being that I keep thinking I ought to be able to hold a higher rate of progression as an intermediate

The surgery wasn't related

Roughly, I ran SS, TM, TM-inspired, a second shot at SS just because, back to TM, then I explored a bunch of other ideas

What got me interested in Hepburn was I had used a few varieties of moderate to moderate-high intensity(70-85%) with low rest and higher volume via sub-maximal sets. That line of thinking fit well with my job & all else. Provided you eat enough recovery is better than with a lower volume program even doing four sessions a week

Now don't think it's a cakewalk. If you're familiar with INOL, I once plugged in my numbers when I had a current 1rm. Anything above a 2 for one session is not recommended, and 4 for the week is insane. I regularly was hitting 5. It's not smolov level insane, but it's an 60-100 minutes of hard work

As for progress, this might add. My first cycle stalled because I was working 90 hour weeks and that led to a shit diet. To give myself a boost, I decided to try hitting my starting 1rm. This was after three 16 hour workdays with only one day off from lifting. I blew all my old 1rms by no less than 20lbs, with DL going up for an easy 50lb increase.

Hepburn said that without stalls you could add 120lb to a lift in a year. I'd say that if you dedicated yourself to it and reset as needed, 50-90lbs is reasonable