Never touched weights in his life, exclusively relied on bodyweight training. 1000's of reps of pushups, squats...

>never touched weights in his life, exclusively relied on bodyweight training. 1000's of reps of pushups, squats, pull ups and sit ups
>sleeps five hours a night
>is a vegetarian
>eats one meal a day, soup, salad and bread
>ran 10.53 100m sprint in college
>accomplished NFL player who was recruited before he finished college
>picked up MMA in his old age and TKO'd two professional fighters

How does he do it? Is he a wizard? Does this also prove that muh powerlifting is bullshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

artofmanliness.com/2016/07/19/the-herschel-walker-workout/
livestrong.com/article/543598-can-you-be-buff-from-just-doing-pushups-and-pullups/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is that true though?

If he's claimed any of that, he's full of shit. One low protein meal a day and no shoulder work other than push ups and he looks like That? Dude's a liar.

rrrrooooiiiiiidddsss

Probably not, but retarded people will believe anything.

artofmanliness.com/2016/07/19/the-herschel-walker-workout/

According to this, it is. He even wrote a book on his routine too and apparently has a black belt in takewando as well.

Frankly I find it way too inconvenient to do 1000's of pushups every day but I guess that's why we're different.

It literally doesn't matter what rep ranges he used, bodyweight or weights, or what his diet was like when he's on pharma grade steroids.

>>eats one meal a day, soup, salad and bread
physically impossible for the human body to produce his amount of lean body mass on a diet that's probably lower than maintenance protein levels. Why would you believe this bs for a second?

>roids

USADA a bitch tho

>How does he do it? Is he a wizard? Does this also prove that muh powerlifting is bullshit?

Pharmaceutical grade steroids, a team of dietitians and physicians and you can do it too, fampai.

Also his claimed diet is an outright lie.

>USADA

lol

Clearly not because every professional athlete is on PEDs. It's literally worth their entire career to figure out how to beat the system.

Art of Manliness is a site run by a woman who promotes "manliness" in male feminist allies. I doubt she knows much about lifting.

>i have asthma :^)

There, i beat the system

>dietitians

He only eats one meal a day. No need for a dietitian.

>Does this also prove that muh powerlifting is bullshit?

Powerlifting is only good for getting good at powerlifting... why would you use it for anything else?

Do you go rock climbing to lower your sprint time? Swim to train for a front lever? Do whatever training makes sense for your goals ya dingus.

Exactly my point, it's easy.

See:

>Also his claimed diet is an outright lie.

I don't get what's the argument about
you can obviously get a body like that from bodyweight work.
arms are far from impressive, small chest, only part's that's impressive is those abs, and those come from thousands of cardio hours.

d'stroiroids

I mean, he is obviously on roids, as any other professional athlete will be, but that doesn't necessarily discredit his routines. High rep pushups, pullups, and situps can build muscle, look at guys who get ripped in prison and most niggers who don't have gym access. Also, look at this article: livestrong.com/article/543598-can-you-be-buff-from-just-doing-pushups-and-pullups/
Getting ripped is about training till failure. Doing a fuck ton of pushups and pullups is not necessarily efficient, but it can still work. It would be better if he did a more balanced calisthenics routine.

I letalded!

Herschel Walker is a one of a kind. He's Bi Polar, and a bit off his rocker at times, which is why he has very minimal public appearances. He's sort of the Leonardo DaVinci of athletics.

All of the claims are true, and have been verified by coaches, teammates, and those close to him. Yes, you can be vegan, get your BCAAs sorted out, and be strong as fuck all.

>eats one meal a day, soup, salad and bread
And that's how i know it's bullshit.

It has nothing to do with being one of a kind. This is no different than HAES people saying they drink water all day and don't eat and gain weight. It's just not possible. A guy eating one meal a day, not lifting weights, and barely sleeping would not look like that. Not even with roids. The coaches and whatnot are lying to keep up his image. It's all just a gimmick.

When was he ever subject to USADA testing? The NCAA and NFL do not test those guys except for a few show trials with practice team guys. And he never fought mma anywhere that tests. He could be clean, but regardless not every athlete in the US gets tested by USADA.

>It's impossible to eat 2k calories in a meal

Oh, ok.

hh

1000 push ups everyday is ok
now sit ups, squats and pull ups is hard af

bo jackson didnt lift weights except for the infomercials.

i bet my ass that he eats at least 10 times more than you said

>it's another "mislead young men on how to achieve physical aethetics and performance" episode

I thought it was proven he has supernatural testosterone without the presence of exogenous testosterone.

Dude is probably the direct descendent of some African warlord savage

i opened and close that image 3 times before i realized it wasn't a distorted hector lombard i was looking at

herschel walker didn't fight anyone relevant in MMA, but still good for him for picking up up that late and winning a fight or two

as for your OP question: elite genetics trumps all else, anyone who has played a sport alongside some real freaks of nature understands this

Lol @ this femanon.

This guy was one of the best athletes. Do you think he's going to have the same TDEE as modern nu-males?

His maintenance on training days would probably be around 6k-8k. Plus, that's with all vegetarian food which is supposedly from a soup, salad, and bread.

>actually believing this

Man if every athlete that juiced just came out and admitted it there wouldn't be any problem with them getting kicked out of their league or whatever. There'd be nothing left afterwards otherwise. Every so often they try to make an example out of one random nigger that gets "caught taking PEDs", as if to set a precedent that they don't tolerate it. But they do.

I could eat 8k in one meal just being bread and soup. Salad is pretty good though.

A kilo of USDA organic split peas gives you 250g of protein for about five dollars. So a 1 pound bag should get you around 100g of protein. Entirely possible to eat one meal of veggies a day and get a decent amount of protein.

>implying all protein is the same
>implying someone is going to eat their protein percentage of 6000-8000 calories as fucking peas of all fucking things

>muh maintenance

If he has extremely high levels of testosterone then he'd maintain his muscle mass as long as he gets enough protein. Its entirely possible to eat 100-200g of protein in one vegan meal if you're willing to sit down and chew for an hour. He's never going to be a body builder with that kind of diet and he's not going to make rapid ULTRA HUGE MEGA gains but there's no reason to think his body would fall apart

How do you think hunter gatherers and the like managed? Meat was something you might manage to bag every so often, but vegetables were the staple of the diet.

>implying all protein is the same

Your body breaks it down into amino acids anyway. As long as he pairs it with rice of bread he'd be fine. Also I'm eating split peas right now, fuck you. This is coming from a major meat eater, but don't talk shit about split peas

im not talking shit about peas, I'm just saying the amino acid profile of each ((protein)) is different. Some are more complete in what they offer.

I'm not trying to shit on you personally, but I also doubt you're eating a pound or kilogram of peas.